Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    22

    Default CA Electrical Code source?

    Hi everyone,

    Could anyone tell me where can I download an electronic copy (pdf etc) of the California Electrical Code?
    And which year is the latest?

    Thanks))

    Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral
    Connor Akally

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,251

    Default Re: CA Electrical Code source?

    You can't download it, but you can read it here: Sign In

    You can't copy and paste from it either (good old NFPA - NOT!), but you can 'prt scr' or 'prt sc' ('print screen') off your display and paste that into a document (which looks weird if done that way - a better way is to paste it into a graphics program and crop (cut) out the section you want, then paste that into your document).

    Or ... you could open Notepad in a reduced size window in front of the code and type what the cod says, then paste the text into your document.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: CA Electrical Code source?

    Jerry, hi again,

    Thanks a lot! )))))

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    You can't download it, but you can read it here: Sign In

    You can't copy and paste from it either (good old NFPA - NOT!), but you can 'prt scr' or 'prt sc' ('print screen') off your display and paste that into a document (which looks weird if done that way - a better way is to paste it into a graphics program and crop (cut) out the section you want, then paste that into your document).

    Or ... you could open Notepad in a reduced size window in front of the code and type what the cod says, then paste the text into your document.


    Connor Akally

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Posts
    2,481

    Default Re: CA Electrical Code source?

    Here is a site that has a lot of free codes. The second is specific to California

    https://law.resource.org/pub/us/code/
    https://law.resource.org/pub/us/code/bsc.ca.gov/

    Department of Redundancy Department
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: CA Electrical Code source?

    Mr Gunnar,

    GREAT SOURCE! THANKS))

    How do I 'star' your response? It is possible to do it on this site?

    ?



    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    Here is a site that has a lot of free codes. The second is specific to California

    https://law.resource.org/pub/us/code/
    https://law.resource.org/pub/us/code/bsc.ca.gov/


    Connor Akally

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,251

    Default Re: CA Electrical Code source?

    Quote Originally Posted by Connor Akally View Post
    Mr Gunnar,

    GREAT SOURCE! THANKS))

    How do I 'star' your response? It is possible to do it on this site?

    ?
    The best way may be to open the links in your browser, then bookmark the pages. Do that on your computer, tablet, phone, whatever you use.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: CA Electrical Code source?

    Mr Peck, thank you)
    I also found this link to download it:

    https://archive.org/details/gov.ca.bsc.2013.03

    My ipad automatically asks me if I wish to open it with Adobe, Evernote, Flipboard etc., it and if I say yes, it saves the pdf version into that app.

    With my Mac, well, Safari saves it with zero bytes, so there is nothing to open. Chrome app on the other hand, saves everything perfectly.

    It also happens in some other web pages. Something is wrong with Apples own Safari and Chrome of google works perfect..

    Thanks for your attention))

    best regards,

    ConnorA


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    The best way may be to open the links in your browser, then bookmark the pages. Do that on your computer, tablet, phone, whatever you use.


    Connor Akally

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,251

    Default Re: CA Electrical Code source?

    Connor,

    Excellent find!

    Quote Originally Posted by Connor Akally View Post
    I also found this link to download it:

    https://archive.org/details/gov.ca.bsc.2013.03
    I downloaded it too.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •