Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    25,314

    Default New "tamper Resistant Receptacles"

    Pass & Seymour sent me a sample of their new "Tamper Resistant Receptacles" yesterday, along with a 2-3 prong adapter and a paper clip to test it with.

    Sure enough, try to insert the paper clip into either slot and it will not go in.

    But try to plug the plug in and it goes right in.

    Great!

    Err ... except if you try to insert two paper clips, one into each side, they also go right in ... OOPS!

    Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral SOC
    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    164

    Cool Re: New "tamper Resistant Receptacles"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Pass & Seymour sent me a sample of their new "Tamper Resistant Receptacles" yesterday, along with a 2-3 prong adapter and a paper clip to test it with.

    Sure enough, try to insert the paper clip into either slot and it will not go in.

    But try to plug the plug in and it goes right in.

    Great!

    Err ... except if you try to insert two paper clips, one into each side, they also go right in ... OOPS!

    Hi Jerry,

    I received one of those too, and just in time. I needed a paper clip and the adaptor.

    The receptacle will of course, be sent to "the lab" for experiments and eventual disection.

    Corey


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    25,314

    Default Re: New "tamper Resistant Receptacles"

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Friedman View Post
    I received one of those too, and just in time. I needed a paper clip and the adaptor.

    The receptacle will of course, be sent to "the lab" for experiments and eventual disection.

    Corey,

    Yep, and I already used that paper clip too.

    The adapter, just what I needed ... another two to three prong adapter.

    "The Lab" has already got mine, currently under intense visual scrutiny, then comes the 'it we take it apart, we may not get it back together' part.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Posts
    2,286

    Default Re: New "tamper Resistant Receptacles"

    JP,

    The key word is "resistant", clearly not tamper "proof".

    Department of Redundancy Department
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Healdsburg, CA
    Posts
    1,741

    Question Re: New "tamper Resistant Receptacles"

    I got one too, but have not had the opportunity to test it.
    Let you know if I survive when I do.

    Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

  6. #6
    David Banks's Avatar
    David Banks Guest

    Default Re: New "tamper Resistant Receptacles"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry McCarthy View Post
    I got one too, but have not had the opportunity to test it.
    Let you know if I survive when I do.
    Jerry? Jerry? You still here?


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Reno, Nv. - Now St. Louis, Mo.
    Posts
    369

    Default Re: New "tamper Resistant Receptacles"

    Only yet another illustration of one of the "Great laws of the Universe:"

    As soon as they make something foolproof, they come out with a better fool.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •