Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,049

    Default another 1027 question

    The 1027 will take 90 incremental measurements. What happens if you run it longer than the 90 limit? Will it continue on and just ditch the oldest measurement for each new one or cease to record any new data?

    Similar Threads:
    2018 ASHI InspectionWorld

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: another 1027 question

    Ditches the old, and in with the new.

    Paul Kondzich
    Ft. Myers, FL.

  3. #3
    Shawn Price's Avatar
    Shawn Price Guest

    Default Re: another 1027 question

    Don't think so. Take a look at the top of Page 9 in the 1027 manual where it says:

    "NOTE: ...The interval storage stops updating after 90 intervals until the next memory clear."

    Might be a good idea to go get a copy: Sun Nuclear - Your Most Valuable QA & Dosimetry Tools


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: another 1027 question

    Hmmm, well all I know is that when I had mine I left it on im my house for about a week. The avg. kept changing so I would assume it was still monitoring.

    Paul Kondzich
    Ft. Myers, FL.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    885

    Default Re: another 1027 question

    The running average is maintained for however long you run it. The data logging is only good for 90 hours.

    The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,217

    Default Re: another 1027 question

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Brooks View Post
    The running average is maintained for however long you run it. The data logging is only good for 90 hours.
    90 hours or 90 data points? I am not very familiar with the 1027 (I have a 1029) but I am wondering if you can adjust the interval the 1027 records data.

    On the 1029 (which can store 999 data points) you can set the interval between data points to whatever you wish - 1/2 hour, 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours, 16 hours, 20 hours or 24 hours. With an interval of 1 hour (which I use almost exclusively) I can run a radon test for 41 days 15 hours before the memory is full.

    "Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    885

    Default Re: another 1027 question

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Breedlove View Post
    90 hours or 90 data points? I am not very familiar with the 1027 (I have a 1029) but I am wondering if you can adjust the interval the 1027 records data.

    On the 1029 (which can store 999 data points) you can set the interval between data points to whatever you wish - 1/2 hour, 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours, 16 hours, 20 hours or 24 hours. With an interval of 1 hour (which I use almost exclusively) I can run a radon test for 41 days 15 hours before the memory is full.
    The time interval is fixed at one hour on the 1027.

    The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,217

    Default Re: another 1027 question

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Brooks View Post
    The time interval is fixed at one hour on the 1027.
    That answers that.

    "Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Succasunna NJ
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: another 1027 question

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Brooks View Post
    The time interval is fixed at one hour on the 1027.
    I disagree. All of mine except 1 is set at four hour intervals as per my radon specialist/lab.
    I've never opened a monitor but he says all you have to do is switch a wire inside.

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Darren Miller; 05-29-2010 at 04:25 AM.
    Darren www.aboutthehouseinspections.com
    'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,049

    Default Re: another 1027 question

    The 1027 will measure 90 data points. The intervals can be changed. If you take the cover off, there are 4 pin switches on the circuit board. They can be set to 1, 4, 12 or 24 hour intervals.

    If you want to measure within the EPA protocol using a single 1027 CRM, it must be set to 1 hours increments.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    885

    Default Re: another 1027 question

    Quote Originally Posted by John Dirks Jr View Post
    The 1027 will measure 90 data points. The intervals can be changed. If you take the cover off, there are 4 pin switches on the circuit board. They can be set to 1, 4, 12 or 24 hour intervals.

    If you want to measure within the EPA protocol using a single 1027 CRM, it must be set to 1 hours increments.
    Agree - EPA Protocol 1 hour intervals

    Opening cover: Ask Sun Nuclear to do it when you send it in for calibration. Opening the cover may invalidate the calibration.

    The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Succasunna NJ
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: another 1027 question

    [QUOTE=John Dirks Jr;132468
    If you want to measure within the EPA protocol using a single 1027 CRM, it must be set to 1 hours increments.[/QUOTE]

    In NJ, the radon protocol is set by the NJDEP.
    We can use 4 hr intervals; there also another little tidbit I won't get into but helps me out sometimes if I need a fast result...

    NJ also allows a single canister.

    Darren www.aboutthehouseinspections.com
    'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    885

    Default Re: another 1027 question

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren Miller View Post
    In NJ, the radon protocol is set by the NJDEP.
    We can use 4 hr intervals; there also another little tidbit I won't get into but helps me out sometimes if I need a fast result...

    NJ also allows a single canister.
    Would you kindly provide a link to any documentation that establishes a 4 hour interval? I've not had any luck at the NJDEP website. Everything I've found refers to the EPA protocol.

    The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Succasunna NJ
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: another 1027 question

    You won't find documentation about a single canister either.

    If you want the protocol, you'll have to call and request it.

    In NJ you have to be 'certified' to deploy & retrieve any type of radon testing equipment for a real estate transaction.
    After that, there has to be a licensed 'business' that will measure the amount of radon and issue a 'certified' report.
    I used to be a licensed radon business but I got tried of paying the state all types of money, including $400 every 2 years so they could 'audit' me (basically come to my office and try to find what I did wrong so they could fine me and collect more money).

    Here's the # 800- 648-0394.

    I'm just curious, are you planning to do testing in NJ or you just think I'm making this up?

    Darren www.aboutthehouseinspections.com
    'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    885

    Default Re: another 1027 question

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren Miller View Post
    You won't find documentation about a single canister either.

    If you want the protocol, you'll have to call and request it.

    In NJ you have to be 'certified' to deploy & retrieve any type of radon testing equipment for a real estate transaction.
    After that, there has to be a licensed 'business' that will measure the amount of radon and issue a 'certified' report.
    I used to be a licensed radon business but I got tried of paying the state all types of money, including $400 every 2 years so they could 'audit' me (basically come to my office and try to find what I did wrong so they could fine me and collect more money).

    Here's the # 800- 648-0394.

    I'm just curious, are you planning to do testing in NJ or you just think I'm making this up?
    Just curious

    The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •