Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Timothy Mines's Avatar
    Timothy Mines Guest

    Default Corrugate Drain in Concrete

    Inspection Referral SOC

  2. #2
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: Corrugate Drain in Concrete

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Mines View Post
    Has anyone seen anything like this before? I'm mind boggled, I have no idea why this is here?

    http://www.amthomeinspections.com/100_2532.jpg

    http://www.amthomeinspections.com/100_2530.jpg
    TM: It appears from your photos that someone has used 6" corrugated drain piping for A/C conduit.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: Corrugate Drain in Concrete

    Maybe they were planning on installing gutters and running a downspout into the drainpipe/under the concrete and away from the house??

    -Jon
    Errickson Home Inspections, LLC
    http://www.erricksonhomeinspections.com

  4. #4
    Timothy Mines's Avatar
    Timothy Mines Guest

    Default Re: Corrugate Drain in Concrete

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Errickson View Post
    Maybe they were planning on installing gutters and running a downspout into the drainpipe/under the concrete and away from the house??

    That's what I originally thought. I hope not, because it's collapsed!!


  5. #5
    Timothy Mines's Avatar
    Timothy Mines Guest

    Default Re: Corrugate Drain in Concrete

    Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    TM: It appears from your photos that someone has used 6" corrugated drain piping for A/C conduit.

    LMAO, that's what I would use it for.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,248

    Default Re: Corrugate Drain in Concrete

    Additionally, I am sure you got the units too close to each other, with the service side not at least 36" from the wall, and possibly under the roof runoff, along with probably not being anchored down properly, and being on flotation devices, and ... what's that pile of dirt up next to the wall at the right edge of the photo, and ...

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  7. #7
    Timothy Mines's Avatar
    Timothy Mines Guest

    Default Re: Corrugate Drain in Concrete

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Additionally, I am sure you got the units too close to each other, with the service side not at least 36" from the wall, and possibly under the roof runoff, along with probably not being anchored down properly, and being on flotation devices, and ... what's that pile of dirt up next to the wall at the right edge of the photo, and ...

    It's a million dollar house!! You can put them wherever you want... can't you?


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    4,170

    Default Re: Corrugate Drain in Concrete

    Gutter downspout extension, see the end peeking out of the mulch on the far right?

    Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

  9. #9
    Timothy Mines's Avatar
    Timothy Mines Guest

    Default Re: Corrugate Drain in Concrete

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Gutter downspout extension, see the end peeking out of the mulch on the far right?
    Yeah, that's what I kind of figured. It's a horrible installation because the pipe has completely colapsed. They should have used pvc instead. It'll be impossible to clean out.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •