Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: TEXAS

  1. #1
    Ted Menelly's Avatar
    Ted Menelly Guest

    Default TEXAS

    Just a little info on TEXAS. I posted the complete email below because it was sent as an email and I did not want to be stealing it. I do not sponsor or have anything to do with this advertising. This is the main reason I moved here. Warning: all other national home inspectors keep out

    Texas is the place to be. That is not just my opinion. Dallas / Fort Worth - Austin - Houston make up Texaplex the fastest growing area of our Country. Did you know that half of all new jobs created in the US were in Texas?

    Take the time to watch the YouTube Video and visit their site at www.texaplex.com

    Let me know what you think of the video. If you know of someone wanting to move to Texas please give them my name. We have relocation packages that will help them every step of the way!

    Now spread the word: "TEXAS...the Perfect Storm of Opportunity and Growth" (David Winans)

    YouTube - Texas Real Estate Texaplex

    Gloria Vargo
    Relocation Specialist

    Gloria Vargo
    GloriaVargo@gmail.com
    Prudential Texas Properties

    150 N Nolen Dr., Southlake Tx 76092
    T: 817-442-5345
    F: 817-488-0463
    C: 214-789-1076
    W: http://www.GloriaVargo.com

    Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral SOC

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    4,170

    Default Re: TEXAS

    Ted, I watched the clip and can agree with most of the facts except the "good weather" comment. It is 102 degrees and humid right now with no relief in sight. Hurts just to think about it!

    Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Rockwall Texas
    Posts
    4,519

    Default Re: TEXAS

    My hometown of Rockwall is named this month in Family Circle magazine as one of the top 10 cities in the US to raise a family. Actually it is listed first in the story.

    Ka-ching on property values. Could explain the great several months I've had lately.

    rick


  4. #4
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

  5. #5
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: TEXAS

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Ted, I watched the clip and can agree with most of the facts except the "good weather" comment. It is 102 degrees and humid right now with no relief in sight. Hurts just to think about it!
    JL: Are you, like TM, not a native Texan? By the way it is officially 105 here now. And, it will likely stay this way until around mid-September.

    Look at the upside. You will never have to shovel snow here. Dream about it, yes. Shovel it, not a chance.


  6. #6
    Ted Menelly's Avatar
    Ted Menelly Guest

    Default Re: TEXAS

    Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    JL: Are you, like TM, not a native Texan? By the way it is officially 105 here now. And, it will likely stay this way until around mid-September.

    Look at the upside. You will never have to shovel snow here. Dream about it, yes. Shovel it, not a chance.
    I do not find it over bearing hot.

    Well, I did live in Flahda for 14 years. At 90 in Florida the equivelant here is about a hundred were there is far less humidity.

    Now, saying that, I have salt stains all over my shirt from crawlin around in that 140 degree attic today.

    100...102...bring it on. I was at lake Ray Roberts a couple of weekends ago boating and swimming and fishing. It was over 100 that day and the first few feet of water was like bath water. The only time you got relief was when someone jumped in next to you and the splash brought some water from below up. We were swimming around looking for the cool spots. The fish don't even like it that hot.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    4,170

    Default Re: TEXAS

    Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    JL: Are you, like TM, not a native Texan? By the way it is officially 105 here now. And, it will likely stay this way until around mid-September.

    Look at the upside. You will never have to shovel snow here. Dream about it, yes. Shovel it, not a chance.
    Ok, Aaron, them's fightin' words. I am a native Texan, born at Baylor right here in Big D, with lineage back 4 generations, prior to the war between the states!
    But anyone who says it ain't HOT in Texas in the summertime is either heat addled or a Yankee; OK Ted and Aaron, pick one.

    Aaron, if A/C is outlawed in Texas, I predict a mass exodus similar to your last pilgrimage north except on a more permanent basis.

    Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

  8. #8
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: TEXAS

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Ok, Aaron, them's fightin' words. I am a native Texan, born at Baylor right here in Big D, with lineage back 4 generations, prior to the war between the states!
    But anyone who says it ain't HOT in Texas in the summertime is either heat addled or a Yankee; OK Ted and Aaron, pick one.

    Aaron, if A/C is outlawed in Texas, I predict a mass exodus similar to your last pilgrimage north except on a more permanent basis.
    JL: OK, OK, pipe down. It was just a question! I grew up here without A/C, but would likely be the first in line to leave were it outlawed.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Rockwall Texas
    Posts
    4,519

    Default Re: TEXAS

    Its was so hot today that the squirrels were soaking their nuts.

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Rick Hurst; 07-12-2009 at 09:01 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southern Vancouver Island
    Posts
    4,549

    Default Re: TEXAS

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Its was so hot today that the squirells were soaking their nuts.
    That squirrel's pretty small. Sure he's from Texas?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    4,170

    Default Re: TEXAS

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    That squirrel's pretty small. Sure he's from Texas?
    That's not a squirrel.
    That is just a small rat with good PR and a better wardrobe.

    Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

  12. #12
    gary gramling's Avatar
    gary gramling Guest

    Default Re: TEXAS

    Down here, in the low desert of Southern California (El Centro), we consider it to be a moderate summer day if the temperature never gets above 110. We had 120, in one of our suburbs, on the 4th of July. As you can imagine, we don't really turn on the AC until it passes 101. So, I'm having trouble having sympathy for you Texans and your squirrels.
    Gary


  13. #13
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: TEXAS

    Quote Originally Posted by gary gramling View Post
    Down here, in the low desert of Southern California (El Centro), we consider it to be a moderate summer day if the temperature never gets above 110. We had 120, in one of our suburbs, on the 4th of July. As you can imagine, we don't really turn on the AC until it passes 101. So, I'm having trouble having sympathy for you Texans and your squirrels.
    Gary
    GG: Currently it is 107 in El Centro, CA with a mere 13% humidity. In Dallas it is 104 with 27% humidity (which is very low humidity for us this time of year).

    Bring your nuts out here and see if they won't roast just a little faster than they do in El Centro.


  14. #14
    Ted Menelly's Avatar
    Ted Menelly Guest

    Default Re: TEXAS

    Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    GG: Currently it is 107 in El Centro, CA with a mere 13% humidity. In Dallas it is 104 with 27% humidity (which is very low humidity for us this time of year).

    Bring your nuts out here and see if they won't roast just a little faster than they do in El Centro.
    76137 for the next 7 days. I guess we are getting a cold spell. If you are doing anything outdoors soon do it next weekend. Cloudy and cooler.


    Today

    Hi: 105
    Lo: 80

    Sunny
    Hourly
    More


    Tuesday

    Hi: 105
    Lo: 80

    Sunny
    Hourly
    More


    Wednesday

    Hi: 101
    Lo: 79

    Sunny
    More


    Thursday

    Hi: 100
    Lo: 76

    Mostly Sunny
    More


    Friday

    Hi: 98
    Lo: 74

    Mostly Sunny
    More


    Saturday

    Hi: 95
    Lo: 75

    Partly Cloudy
    More


    Sunday

    Hi: 95


    Mostly Sunny
    More


  15. #15
    gary gramling's Avatar
    gary gramling Guest

    Default Re: TEXAS

    Don't know that they will roast any faster; but, they would probably be more moist.
    I have a cousin living in Plano; and, I get to visit. Plus, in a far away lifetime, I "enjoyed" my summertime Army Basic Training at Ft. Polk, LA. So, I do know a little about the humidity there.
    Pure and simple...hot is hot whether it is a "dry" heat or moist. But, I thought that you Texans could "man up" better than that.
    Gary


  16. #16
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: TEXAS

    If you are doing anything outdoors soon do it next weekend. Cloudy and cooler.
    TM: Yeah, a Texas summer cold front: 98, intermittent rain, and 99% humidity. Yee-f'ing-haah! I'm melting!




  17. #17
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: TEXAS

    I "enjoyed" my summertime Army Basic Training at Ft. Polk, LA. So, I do know a little about the humidity there.
    GG: Say no more. But, that was only for 6 or 8 weeks . . .


  18. #18
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: TEXAS

    GG: And remember that 104 with 27% humidity feels like 107. 107 with 13% humidity feels like 107.

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

  19. #19
    gary gramling's Avatar
    gary gramling Guest

    Default Re: TEXAS

    Either way, it is hot!

    Eight weeks, thank you very much! Then, winter (-17) in S. Korea.

    Gary


  20. #20
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: TEXAS

    Quote Originally Posted by gary gramling View Post
    Either way, it is hot!

    Eight weeks, thank you very much! Then, winter (-17) in S. Korea.

    Gary
    GG: I (gladly) got winter both times. Basic in Fort Lewis, WA and 3 years on the border between Germany and Czechoslovakia.


  21. #21
    gary gramling's Avatar
    gary gramling Guest

    Default Re: TEXAS

    Ft Lewis was not a bad place; but, if you were there for basic, you didn't get to enjoy it.


  22. #22
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: TEXAS

    Quote Originally Posted by gary gramling View Post
    Ft Lewis was not a bad place; but, if you were there for basic, you didn't get to enjoy it.
    GG: Got to crawl through ths snow and slush for weeks, but it was scenic whenever they let me stand up.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •