Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Good Luck With This One

    It will take every single Republican straining at the bit to even begin to put a negative spin on this one . . .

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/10/world/10nobel.html?hp

    Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    3,177

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    It will take every single Republican straining at the bit to even begin to put a negative spin on this one . . .

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/10/world/10nobel.html?hp
    I still can't tell when you're being serious. Ok, I'll assume you are and then be reminded to notice the big smiley face.

    The Rebublicanites will have no trouble whatsoever sneering at the silly Norwegians awarding Obama the Peace Prize. They will do it reflexively. They could do it in their sleep.

    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

  3. #3
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    I still can't tell when you're being serious. Ok, I'll assume you are and then be reminded to notice the big smiley face.

    The Rebublicanites will have no trouble whatsoever sneering at the silly Norwegians awarding Obama the Peace Prize. They will do it reflexively. They could do it in their sleep.
    JA: Yes, speaking (and even "thinking") for Republicans is much like farting, which is easily accomplished while they sleep.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    Hey Jimmy Carter won as well, this just shows how seriously those five guys in Norway think about it! Jimmy is the shining star of his party!

    Congratulations Mr. President on your win. Did you know that many winners give their money award to charity?

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    I hope he spends the money on a new hut for his 1/2 brother.
    Maybe then hannity will have something positive to say about him

    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    3,177

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    It's about time they gave the Peace Prize to a Democrat, after all those Republican presidents getting one. You know, like, uh, ummm, ......

    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

  7. #7
    Ron Bibler's Avatar
    Ron Bibler Guest

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    BAGDAD BOB Come back to us We miss you....

    Best

    Ron


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hudson, WI
    Posts
    645

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    Ya gotta love that lefty thinking.

    Good intentions are the same as real accomplishments.

    I desire to end all wars.

    There, do I get the peace prize next year?


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,797

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    Looks like a natural ONION headline to me:


    OBAMA RECEIVES NOBEL PEACE PRIZE
    FOR NOT BEING GEORGE BUSH


    Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

  10. #10
    Ted Menelly's Avatar
    Ted Menelly Guest

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    It will take every single Republican straining at the bit to even begin to put a negative spin on this one . . .

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/10/world/10nobel.html?hp

    Isn't the idea to do something or accomplish something other than mentioning some words. I applaud the Pres for getting it though.

    I do believe this is more in the line of bolstering the Pres initiative and maybe helping to move things along.


  11. #11
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    Ya gotta love that lefty thinking.
    ML: What, on Earth, would you know about that subject?


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hudson, WI
    Posts
    645

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    ML: What, on Earth, would you know about that subject?
    And you know anything about what the NPP?

    Can you admit to yourself that Obama has done nothing to deserve this? Or are you somewhat less than objective?

    I just listen to you to learn all I need to know about leftist views.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,365

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    Let me preface this by saying my political views tend to be pretty middle of the road. I've been known to argue and agree numerous times with people on both sides.

    This will likley be a time to argue with those leaning to the port side of the ship.

    How does a guy waging war win a peace prize? I'm sure he's doing great things for the world but we're still at war and even moving the war (yes, I know, the one that GWB started) into new countries. How does that qualify for a peace prize? This just seems like awarding the MVP trophy to the 6th man on the bench. I just don't think he is a standout in the peace process currently.

    And while this is being kicked around.... where did all the war protesters go anyway? I can't seem to find any coverage of protests on the news lately. It seems strange.... there were headlines everyday while there was a republican in office. Now that a democrat is needlessly wasting our money and, much more importantly, our soldier's lives overseas it's all okay, right?.

    Partisan politics sure is a great drug.... it's better than anything I've ever had. You can justify your double standards and live your life in a totally euphoric state all while feeling no guilt at all. Only in the grand old U.S.A.


  14. #14
    Ted Menelly's Avatar
    Ted Menelly Guest

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fellman View Post
    Let me preface this by saying my political views tend to be pretty middle of the road. I've been known to argue and agree numerous times with people on both sides.

    This will likley be a time to argue with those leaning to the port side of the ship.

    How does a guy waging war win a peace prize? I'm sure he's doing great things for the world but we're still at war and even moving the war (yes, I know, the one that GWB started) into new countries. How does that qualify for a peace prize? This just seems like awarding the MVP trophy to the 6th man on the bench. I just don't think he is a standout in the peace process currently.

    And while this is being kicked around.... where did all the war protesters go anyway? I can't seem to find any coverage of protests on the news lately. It seems strange.... there were headlines everyday while there was a republican in office. Now that a democrat is needlessly wasting our money and, much more importantly, our soldier's lives overseas it's all okay, right?.

    Partisan politics sure is a great drug.... it's better than anything I've ever had. You can justify your double standards and live your life in a totally euphoric state all while feeling no guilt at all. Only in the grand old U.S.A.
    Friday I was watching the news and the mention of war protesters came about for about 2 seconds. Supposedly they are in front of the white house everyday. No, you never hear anything of it....There is a Democrat in office.

    Protest the war anyway you wish . It would be a serious catastrophe if we were to pull out now. It has some time to go before we are out of there no matter who is President.

    Afganistan had to happen with out a doubt.

    Iraq was going to happen anyway. There was no avoiding it. An entire military force was over there for a many years keeping an eye on the fool that was in control. We were spending billions just watching the fool and fly overs. If it were no George It would have been Obama. If we were to pull out of Iraq now it would be the second most serious mistake this country has made.

    Bringing yet another country into it??? Pakistan has been a boil on the worlds but for decades. With out moving it to Pakistan there will never be an end to Afganistan. We are dealing with people with the mindset of hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of years ago and the leaders of those particular folks are modern day educated folks with the mind set from thousands of years ago.

    There are a lot of screwed up things going on in this world and unfortunately if they are not kept in check from some government some where then I do believe we are all doomed. The brutal control from the leaders of those countries was the only way to control people with those mind sets. That is a sad thing to say and way to honest but seriously true. We look at Sadams brutal bloody rule. People disappearing by the thousands all the time. If it were not him doing it then it would have been someone else. Very sad..............very true. If you look at this realistically us being there keeps thousands and thousnads of people being slaughtered to maintain that control and hopefully someday in the near future there will be police and military that will control there own country with the kid gloves we do. Lots of innocents have been killed in these conflicts but a whole lot more would have been for ever in time if the 2 wars did not happen.

    Enough said.


  15. #15
    Richard Stanley's Avatar
    Richard Stanley Guest

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    The Heisman will be next. It doesn't matter that he doesnt play football.


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,365

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Friday I was watching the news and the mention of war protesters came about for about 2 seconds. Supposedly they are in front of the white house everyday. No, you never hear anything of it....There is a Democrat in office.

    Protest the war anyway you wish . It would be a serious catastrophe if we were to pull out now. It has some time to go before we are out of there no matter who is President.

    Afganistan had to happen with out a doubt.

    Iraq was going to happen anyway. There was no avoiding it. An entire military force was over there for a many years keeping an eye on the fool that was in control. We were spending billions just watching the fool and fly overs. If it were no George It would have been Obama. If we were to pull out of Iraq now it would be the second most serious mistake this country has made.

    Bringing yet another country into it??? Pakistan has been a boil on the worlds but for decades. With out moving it to Pakistan there will never be an end to Afganistan. We are dealing with people with the mindset of hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of years ago and the leaders of those particular folks are modern day educated folks with the mind set from thousands of years ago.

    There are a lot of screwed up things going on in this world and unfortunately if they are not kept in check from some government some where then I do believe we are all doomed. The brutal control from the leaders of those countries was the only way to control people with those mind sets. That is a sad thing to say and way to honest but seriously true. We look at Sadams brutal bloody rule. People disappearing by the thousands all the time. If it were not him doing it then it would have been someone else. Very sad..............very true. If you look at this realistically us being there keeps thousands and thousnads of people being slaughtered to maintain that control and hopefully someday in the near future there will be police and military that will control there own country with the kid gloves we do. Lots of innocents have been killed in these conflicts but a whole lot more would have been for ever in time if the 2 wars did not happen.

    Enough said.
    Agree for the most part. It's a mess over there and some action is necessary. The rose colored glasses and double standard depending on who's driving the ship is what drives me nuts.


  17. #17
    Kevin Barre's Avatar
    Kevin Barre Guest

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    Generally, I try to stay out of this political crap. But this is so far beyond absurd that I have to comment. Here's some text DIRECTLY from the Nobel Prize website regarding the selection process:

    FebruaryDeadline for submission. The Committee bases its assessment on nominations that must be postmarked no later than 1 February each year. Nominations postmarked and received after this date are included in the following year's discussions. In recent years, the Committee has received close to 200 different nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize. The number of nominating letters is much higher, as many are for the same candidates.

    Did you catch that? the DEADLINE for submissions was February 1!

    Meaning, of course, that Obama had been in office less than a month before his name was submitted! Less than two weeks, in fact, since the inauguration was January 20th.

    Impressive...or a crock? I wholeheartedly vote for the latter.

    Geez. Give me a break. I don't care how much you worship the man, Obama certainly hadn't earned a Nobel Prize after 11 days in office.

    I feel sorry for any other potentially worthy nominee who got the shaft. I think this casts a giant shadow over the credibility of the selection process.

    Now I'll leave it to anyone else who might care to comment. I'm out of this discussion.


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    Not that I have been a fan of Bill Clinton (as this has been Democrats only club), but he did more last year IMHO than Obama had done in his first two weeks! Actually he has been doing better after he left office!

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,248

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Barre View Post
    Generally, I try to stay out of this political crap. But this is so far beyond absurd that I have to comment. Here's some text DIRECTLY from the Nobel Prize website regarding the selection process:

    FebruaryDeadline for submission. The Committee bases its assessment on nominations that must be postmarked no later than 1 February each year. Nominations postmarked and received after this date are included in the following year's discussions. In recent years, the Committee has received close to 200 different nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize. The number of nominating letters is much higher, as many are for the same candidates.

    Did you catch that? the DEADLINE for submissions was February 1!

    Meaning, of course, that Obama had been in office less than a month before his name was submitted! Less than two weeks, in fact, since the inauguration was January 20th.

    Impressive...or a crock? I wholeheartedly vote for the latter.

    Geez. Give me a break. I don't care how much you worship the man, Obama certainly hadn't earned a Nobel Prize after 11 days in office.

    Kevin,

    I too was staying away from this, but ...

    You forget the other possibility, one which you covered above - I've highlighted it in red for you.

    You seemed to jump too quickly at the one option you wanted to espouse on, and totally ignored the other option.

    I feel sorry for any other potentially worthy nominee who got the shaft.
    I agree.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    4,170

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    It will take every single Republican straining at the bit to even begin to put a negative spin on this one . . .

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/10/world/10nobel.html?hp
    I've stayed out of this since it did not take the "right" straining at all, the left has put all the spin on it that was needed. When the left leaning entertainment, late night comedians, and virtually the entire world has spoken up about the joke, no need for me to waste brain power to try to explain the fallacy.

    Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

  21. #21
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    I've stayed out of this since it did not take the "right" straining at all, the left has put all the spin on it that was needed. When the left leaning entertainment, late night comedians, and virtually the entire world has spoken up about the joke, no need for me to waste brain power to try to explain the fallacy.
    JL: I only post stuff like this from time to time to keep the extreme partisan morons from both sides of the fence off of the other threads. It makes for a much nicer atmosphere there. Here, and on threads like this one, they can beat each other (more) senseless without disturbing the rest of us with their blather. I still think that Brian should make two sections for them: hyper-political and over-the-top-religious. That would keep their little minds busily and safely squirming indefinitely.


  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Posts
    1,072

    Default Re: Good Luck With This One

    The Nobel just became a worthless nick nack patty whack give the dog a bone. It's inline with getting a gold star sticker in Kindergarten....ohh wait...you had to do something for a gold star.........

    Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •