Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Rockwall Texas
    Posts
    4,519

    Default Back home from California

    Wow, what a week. My wife and another couple visited San Francisco and Carmel area. Visited way too many wineries and had unbeliveable dinners there.

    The people were all great everywhere we went. Walked for 6hrs. up through the forest and mountain trails in Muir Woods. Just beautiful.

    Down in Carmel, we visited the Carmel Mission ranch and had dinner one night next to Clint Eastwoods table. The guy was directly across from me for nearly 2hrs. The next night while driving across the parking lot he walked right out in front of us. He waved like "oh sorry". I started to take his picture but decided not to as to give him his space.

    Great week and highly recommend California if your looking for a place to go.

    Rick

    Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral SOC

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,252

    Default Re: Back home from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Great week and highly recommend California if your looking for a place to go.
    I whole heartedly agree!

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte NC Licensed in NC and SC
    Posts
    597

    Default Re: Back home from California

    We just recently watched the whole series of shows about the national park system and John Muir. Really interesting, I had no idea there were so many national parks, most of them being huge.

    Can't wait to retire and travel out west and to alaska in an RV.

    Good thing you didn't run ole Clint over in the parking lot, he might have been totin' some heat.

    Bruce King, B.A. King Home Inspections, LLC
    www.BAKingHomeInspections.com
    Certified Master Inspector, Independent Inspectorwww.IndependentInspectors.org

  4. #4
    Ron Bibler's Avatar
    Ron Bibler Guest

    Default Re: Back home from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Wow, what a week. My wife and another couple visited San Francisco and Carmel area. Visited way too many wineries and had unbeliveable dinners there.

    The people were all great everywhere we went. Walked for 6hrs. up through the forest and mountain trails in Muir Woods. Just beautiful.

    Down in Carmel, we visited the Carmel Mission ranch and had dinner one night next to Clint Eastwoods table. The guy was directly across from me for nearly 2hrs. The next night while driving across the parking lot he walked right out in front of us. He waved like "oh sorry". I started to take his picture but decided not to as to give him his space.

    Great week and highly recommend California if your looking for a place to go.

    Rick

    It's a Boring place but some of us work and live out in the place. Yawl come back now

    Say Rick you missed the Blue angels flying over the GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE Today.

    Best

    Ron

    Last edited by Ron Bibler; 10-11-2009 at 09:23 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Rockwall Texas
    Posts
    4,519

    Default Re: Back home from California

    Actually Ron when we were sitting on the runway in SF, we saw all 6 Blue Angels sitting on the runway next to us. They were all lined up behind one another. I could actually see the pilots sitting in the cockpits. It was cool to see all of them on the ground together.

    rick


  6. #6
    Ron Bibler's Avatar
    Ron Bibler Guest

    Default Re: Back home from California

    Glad you had a good time on the west coast... I'm looking forward to going and seeing my Daughter and grand kids in Plano someday...

    From what I understand there is a lot to see in that area.

    Don't think I will see dirty harry but ya just never know...

    Best

    Ron


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Rockwall Texas
    Posts
    4,519

    Default Re: Back home from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    Glad you had a good time on the west coast... I'm looking forward to going and seeing my Daughter and grand kids in Plano someday...

    From what I understand there is a lot to see in that area.

    Don't think I will see dirty harry but ya just never know...

    Best

    Ron
    Yeah, there is a lot to see alright.

    There is the traffic, road construction, a Starbucks and a shopping center on every corner. Trust me Ron, its not that appealing.

    By the way, do you know what they called people from Plano?

    Plano people.

    rick


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: Back home from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    It's a Boring place but some of us work and live out in the place. Yawl come back now

    Say Rick you missed the Blue angels flying over the GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE Today.

    Best

    Ron
    Dang Californians, I thought a Yawl was a type of boat!

    Y'all need to come on over to Nashvegas!

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rescue, Ca.
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Back home from California

    Californians don't say yawl, (except Ron). They say, you guys.


  10. #10
    Ron Bibler's Avatar
    Ron Bibler Guest

    Default Re: Back home from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Gilstrap View Post
    Californians don't say yawl, (except Ron). They say, you guys.
    Dave now just where is ( Rescue, Ca ) never been there Dude...

    P.S. MY First words were in TEXAS... Age 3 or 4


    Best

    Ron


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rescue, Ca.
    Posts
    48

    Cool Re: Back home from California

    Ron,
    Rescue is in the Gold country between Cameron Park and Shingle Springs and Placerville. Great Harley ridin' territory. I grew up in your area of California in Good ol' Petaluma.


  12. #12
    Ron Bibler's Avatar
    Ron Bibler Guest

    Default Re: Back home from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Gilstrap View Post
    Ron,
    Rescue is in the Gold country between Cameron Park and Shingle Springs and Placerville. Great Harley ridin' territory. I grew up in your area of California in Good ol' Petaluma.
    An old Cow town boy... L.O.L. How are home sales in your area Dave?

    Best

    Ron


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    356

    Default Re: Back home from California

    I had a nice dinner in a Chicago restaurant about 10 or so years ago and Charleton Heston was there. He and his wife were there with their entourage. It was pretty funny because he was wearing this high dollar suit and house slippers. I guess you can get away with that kind of stuff if you are Charleton Heston. Hell, he parted the Red Sea once.

    If it weren't for lawyers, we would never need them.

  14. #14
    Ron Bibler's Avatar
    Ron Bibler Guest

    Default Re: Back home from California

    I ran into John Wayne on Catalina island... He was a very nice Guy... He was just like any other guy that day. He was just for the day on his sail boat. Rick if you ever get a chance thats a nice little place to go for a few days they have little homes you can rent and the fishing is great.

    Best

    Ron


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: Back home from California

    My Celeb story guy was not as macho as Y'alls. My parents were good friends with actor Jack Lemon back in the 50's until we moved from LA in 1965. I learned to swim at his home in Bellaire!

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Rockwall Texas
    Posts
    4,519

    Default Re: Back home from California

    Ron,

    We went to Catalina last year while visiting Laguna Beach. Nice place but seem to be more of a tourist trap.

    Since we're dropping names of celebrities that we've met here are mine.

    Clint Eastwood (last week)
    Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne
    Tom Cruise
    Jessica Simpson
    Steven Tyler
    Rod Stewart
    Vince Vaughn
    Larry Hagman
    Lance Armstong
    Victoria Principal
    Laura Bush
    and numerous Dallas Cowboys


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •