Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Durant, OK
    Posts
    117

    Default Slavery in America

    I saw this title and wondered.."What is this going to say?". I found myself agreeing with what this man was saying. Listen and see what you think..Messages

    Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Dub Smith; 03-20-2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Link would not work
    F.I.R.E. Services
    An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
    Jubilee Home Inspections

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern, Ca.
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: Slavery in America

    Quote Originally Posted by Dub Smith View Post
    I saw this title and wondered.."What is this going to say?". I found myself agreeing with what this man was saying. Listen and see what you think..Messages
    It's true whether the bible says anything about it or not


  3. #3
    Ted Menelly's Avatar
    Ted Menelly Guest

    Default Re: Slavery in America

    Personally I believe that the problem today is the family structure has disintegrated to the point where it is everyone for themselves.

    Years gone by it would be family helping family until they could make it again on there own.

    Truw that there is a whole host of folks out there that either won't work or won't look for a job and just go for the handout but that is not the vast majority of folks.

    It is not a crime, a sin, or something to be ashamed of if for a period of time in someones life they just cannot survive on there own and need a helping hand. What is being taught now adays is that you are lazy, ignorant, troubled, troublesome, worthless etc etc etc if you happen to fall on hard times. Even family turns away from some as they feel that they are about to not live as good as they are now if they took there mom, dad, brother, sister and kids in for a short time or even just live together and everyone help out everyone.

    Careful gentlemen. You are borderline on what is wrong with this country today. The mentality that if I can make it or bring some bread home than they can to.

    Not always so.

    Sometimes there are chains of events that just keeps beating folks into a pulp and then the rest of society looks badly upon them.

    The only thing with helping some, then you have the severally ignorant that want a free hand out and think they are owed it...... but, it is not all.

    Look at Japan and then the US or many other countries.

    In that earth quake and then the big wave following it the amount of folks looting was next to nil. Any large city in the US there would be hundreds stealing what ever they could grab. Also the family unit is still extremely strong unlike here and other countries. They take care of their own.

    It is time for the family unit to take hold again.

    The US is spending 4 to 5 billion ...... a day. That is not counting the state of city Gov. Yep, I do believe that the egg will crack soon. Maybe sooner than later. Folks that just came into the work place in the last 20 years do not know what hard times are. We have not been allowed to crash and burn for 20 years. That is why every city is spending untold fortunes and have to raise taxes just to keep the status quo. The Gov is the same way. Once they cut the city, state and federal budgets in half of what they are right now.

    When a state college councilor husband married to a state college librarian that have a combined income of 140,000.00 a year (as this couple I inspected for) You will see part of the great problem with this country. 50,000 Mercedes. 50,000 SUV. 28,000 nuck around car. 3,600 square foot home on a golf course. For a couple that work for a branch of the state college. Yeah, that might be one of the problems.

    Now

    What is different from helping someone out in need or being robbed by city, state and federal gov employees along with all the unions and lets not forget all those folks that think they are worth 60,000 straight out of college that may have worked as a waiter (all cause they worked so hard that they deserve it).

    Careful folks. There is far more wrong with this country.

    I do not see any difference at all.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: Slavery in America

    Ted,

    I don't think this was in reference to a helping hand.
    *anyone of us through health or other issues can and wll need Help.

    A Lifestyle of Entitlement passed from Generation to Generation is another.
    * thus enslaved to The Welfare State and Dependence upon the State from cradle to grave.
    .

    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Durant, OK
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: Slavery in America

    Ted, I hope you were able to take a breath in there somewhere! I don't believe the problem is with "working" folks who have fell on hard times that are needing "temporary" assistance that is the problem. I think the problem is with the "culture" that some of our society has been raised with (maybe handed down from previous generations) that is a belief that they are entitled in some way to having someone else pay their bills, cloth and educate their children, and even pay for their retirement...all without ever contributing a dime or a drop of sweat. That is the man that shouldn't eat...because he has made no effort to pay his own way...not because of hard times.. but because he is a lazy no good bum (pardon my french). I would hope that the Backbone of America was made up of more substance than this.

    An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
    Jubilee Home Inspections

  6. #6
    Ted Menelly's Avatar
    Ted Menelly Guest

    Default Re: Slavery in America

    Quote Originally Posted by Dub Smith View Post
    Ted, I hope you were able to take a breath in there somewhere! I don't believe the problem is with "working" folks who have fell on hard times that are needing "temporary" assistance that is the problem. I think the problem is with the "culture" that some of our society has been raised with (maybe handed down from previous generations) that is a belief that they are entitled in some way to having someone else pay their bills, cloth and educate their children, and even pay for their retirement...all without ever contributing a dime or a drop of sweat. That is the man that shouldn't eat...because he has made no effort to pay his own way...not because of hard times.. but because he is a lazy no good bum (pardon my french). I would hope that the Backbone of America was made up of more substance than this.
    My rant was a Sunday morning .... I did not want to get up and do an inspection report ... morning.

    The whole rant was that there is a serious amount wrong with so many things that has slowly crept up over the past decades and is now a full blown ..... holly crap issue.

    Yes, I have met a many that put there hand out and see how much they can get for doing nothing. The entitlement world, which is part of what I brought up, is killing us.

    That 4 to 5 billion a day is a serious joke that needs to end.

    I actually did take a breath earlier this morning. I was trying to kill time before I got hot on the report.

    A little edit addition here.

    Part of what I brought up was Japan and the mentality and respect and the friendly to everyone, the thankful for everything mindset that millions in this country do not have. There is probably more people in this country that have their hand out (cradle to grave) than the entire population of Japan.

    Last edited by Ted Menelly; 03-21-2011 at 07:23 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area
    Posts
    3,473

    Default Re: Slavery in America

    I live in SE Pennsylvania but have a Philadelphia sports mindset. And that mindset is that as long as you try and put forth effort, I won't give you crap whether you succeed or fail. If you at least try, I'll pick you up if you fall. If you don't even want to try, well...good luck.

    While I don't agree with the slavery verbiage, I do agree that some people would rather get the handout than do the work. But this is often because for some people, they can earn more by sitting back and accepting government assistance than by working. But at the same time, many of these people don't possess the ambition or drive to better themselves or their situation, and their vision is stunted and shortsighted (ie - "what can I get right now").

    There are many people in today's world who do get it and realize it is about their obligation and responsibilities. The problem is the people who don't look at it this way and only want to talk about their rights and privileges.

    "It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    so so, California
    Posts
    1,769

    Default Re: Slavery in America

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    My rant was a Sunday morning .... I did not want to get up and do an inspection report ... morning.

    The whole rant was that there is a serious amount wrong with so many things that has slowly crept up over the past decades and is now a full blown ..... holly crap issue.

    Yes, I have met a many that put there hand out and see how much they can get for doing nothing. The entitlement world, which is part of what I brought up, is killing us.

    That 4 to 5 billion a day is a serious joke that needs to end.

    I actually did take a breath earlier this morning. I was trying to kill time before I got hot on the report.

    A little edit addition here.

    Part of what I brought up was Japan and the mentality and respect and the friendly to everyone, the thankfull for everything mindset that millions in this country do not have. There is probably more people in this country that have there hand out (cradle to grave) than the entire population of Japan.
    Agreed...sooo, Can someone buy me a new iphone?

    The MAZZA INSPECTION GROUP
    www.mazzainspections.com
    Level III Thermo-picture-taker-er...er

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,797

    Default Re: Slavery in America

    Well... IMO perhaps anyone temped to wax nostalgic abut the America of the "Good Old Days", including, but not limited to, praise of:

    1) Proud personal self-reliance
    2) "Traditional Family Values"
    3) "Small government"
    4) Private charity for the "deserving" only

    should read (or re-read) any few random pages of Wisconsin Death Trip first.

    Last edited by Michael Thomas; 03-21-2011 at 08:25 PM.
    Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •