Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    885

    Default Realtor Points of View

    Today, at a board meeting of a state home inspector organization, a few comments were made about recent dealings with real estate agents and brokers.

    1. Agent to client who had picked their own inspector, " You don't want that guy. He'll come up with stuff that could delay your closing. You won't that problem with THIS inspector. You do want to get through with the closing as fast as possible don't you?"

    2. Calls to inspectors in the area around the state capital, "We're looking for new home inspectors. Our regular guys are getting too expensive."

    3. "These people really don't have a lot of cash. Can you cut them a deal on the inspection fee?"

    4. From a agent on a regional real estate association, "We want home inspectors licensed because as it is now we don't have anyplace to file a complaint if one of them kills our deal."

    Added this one
    5. REA calls inspector that he often refers to say, " I just wanted to tell you before you heard from somewhere else that I used another inspector for a house. I knew if you did the inspection, the sale would have fallen through"

    Licensing in general, my opinion. Licensing doesn't really help much if you think about it. We have licensed contractors, real estate agents, appraisers and a host of others. But, we still have bad or just plain crooked contractors, real estate agents, appraisers, and the rest. So, other than a source of revenue to the governments, who does licensing protect?

    Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Stuart Brooks; 04-21-2011 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Added #5
    Inspection Referral
    The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Brooks View Post
    So, other than a source of revenue to the governments, who does licensing protect?
    I look at if from a different aspect..... Good licensing programs protect the home inspector or the licensee and that trickles down to the consumer.

    Licensing will not keep all of the yahoos and idiots from harming folks, heck we see that everyday with folks that have a drivers license and just about any other type of professional license.

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    The primary reason for licencing is to put in place contact information for the licencee, insurance, and a complaint process and some standard of competence.

    It does not ensure competence.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    885

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    I look at if from a different aspect..... Good licensing programs protect the home inspector or the licensee and that trickles down to the consumer.

    Licensing will not keep all of the yahoos and idiots from harming folks, heck we see that everyday with folks that have a drivers license and just about any other type of professional license.
    Very true. If I had "GOD" powers for 5 minutes. I would give every human a double dose of common sense. That would take care of a lot of turmoil that goes on everywhere everyday.

    The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    885

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    The primary reason for licencing is to put in place contact information for the licencee, insurance, and a complaint process and some standard of competence.

    It does not ensure competence.
    Virginia has a "voluntary" certification program. When agents make a remark about how HIs need to be licensed,I and other certified inspectors ask them, "Why don't you use state certified inspectors?" Their answer is almost invariably, "We don't want to be limited to using those people." Which I translate to, "Our guys aren't certified and we want to stick with inspectors we know won't kill our deals"

    The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Realtors have too much influence with the inspection process. Consumers certainly are not being protected from their undue influences.

    We have one association up here which was actively pursuing the Cdn Realestate Assoc. in order to have them lobby the government to licence inspectors. That scenario was thwarted due to the outcry from fellow inspectors. It would be completely unacceptable.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southern Vancouver Island
    Posts
    4,546

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Realtors have too much influence with the inspection process. Consumers certainly are not being protected from their undue influences.

    We have one association up here which was actively pursuing the Cdn Realestate Assoc. in order to have them lobby the government to licence inspectors. That scenario was thwarted due to the outcry from fellow inspectors. It would be completely unacceptable.
    We've had licensing in BC for 2 years now. The Consumer Protection Branch of BC looks after it. They started out with lots of lofty rhetoric, and we supported it 100%. Now, they allow anybody to buy a licence for $150. That's it. You have to promise to be a good boy and get some formal training sometime in the future, if HI works out for you, like buying a CaNachi membership, yep, that'll do it. It is a cash grab and nothing more.

    The two professional associations, CAHPI(BC) and BCIPI, have to distiguish themselves from the other guys, just like before licensing.

    One thing we are doing, is keeping realtors out of the licensing process, so far at least.

    Last edited by John Kogel; 04-20-2011 at 10:31 PM.
    John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Here is something InterNACHI sends to agents like the one you describe

    Inspector Selection: A Real Estate Agent's Duty

    by Nick Gromicko
    Former REALTOR
    Founder, International Association of Certified Home Inspectors



    The seller has accepted your clients' offer and now, with your help, your clients must choose a home inspector. Should you steer them toward the inspector who writes the softest reports? Should you steer them toward the inspector who pays to be on your office's preferred vendor list? Should you help them find the cheapest inspector? The answers to these questions are of course No, No, and Hell, no.

    You have a fiduciary duty to your client and, therefore, must recommend the very best inspectors. If you recommend a patty-cake inspector, an inspector who indirectly pays for your recommendation, or a cheap inspector, you violate your fiduciary duty to your client.

    The National Association of REALTORs defines your duties in their Code of Ethics. Article 1 requires you to protect and promote your clients' interests. Article 6 requires you to disclose any financial benefit you may receive from recommending related real estate services (this also includes any benefit to your broker).
    Because most real estate agents get paid only if the real estate transaction successfully takes place, your personal interests and your fiduciary duties already conflict. Don't make your situation any worse. The best way to avoid negligent referral claims, to operate ethically, and to fulfill your fiduciary duty is to help your client find an inspector based solely on merit. And although no real estate agent can guarantee the thoroughness of any particular inspector, there is a strong correlation between an inspector's fees and his/her competence (in other words, you get what you pay for). Helping your client find a cheap inspector for the purchase of their lifetime is a violation of your fiduciary duty. When in doubt, shop price, and seek out the most expensive inspectors for your clients.

    ###


    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    885

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    Here is something InterNACHI sends to agents like the one you describe
    Well, basically a pretty good statement but I wouldn't get too hung up on the most expensive. I would go with "best qualified inspector and just because some have been inspecting homes for years doesn't mean they do it right".

    Oh, BTW, the cheapest inspectors in this neck of the woods are ALMOST invariably iNACHI newbies. We do have some inspectors who have no association and no credentials, have been inspecting for many years, and charge significantly lower fees than average. Of course, they are all Realtor darlings.

    The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    We do have some inspectors who have no association and no credentials, have been inspecting for many years, and charge significantly lower fees than average.
    Fee structures correspond to marketing strength. InterNACHI critics complain that we are "mostly a marketing organization" but having your inspection phone ring off the hook gives you the confidence to raise prices.

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  11. #11
    Ron Bibler's Avatar
    Ron Bibler Guest

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    Fee structures correspond to marketing strength. InterNACHI critics complain that we are "mostly a marketing organization" but having your inspection phone ring off the hook gives you the confidence to raise prices.
    Lisa...Are you implying that just by being a member of NACHI will make ones phone ring off the hook? Lisa you are so out of date.

    We do not hang up phone any more. In fact I think it has been more then 30 years that I had a wall phone in the kitchen.

    I think NACHI should stop selling wall phones if thats the case.

    I will keep my pocket Cell phone... I like the little red off button on my phone.

    Best

    Ron


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    It's your family to feed. Do what you think is best for them.

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Vilonia AR
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Arkansas requires home inspector licensing. 80-hours training, pass two tests, insurance and 14 hours continuing education each year.

    Arkansas does not require that all houses be inspected upon sale.

    I was wondering if there are any cities, counties or states that require a home inspection. We have been trying to convince our legislators about this for years, but the idea has fallen on deaf years. I am this year going to attack the issue starting at the local level and then move on to the county level.

    Any suggestions as to how to best proceed?


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    1,628

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe R. Maxwell View Post
    I was wondering if there are any cities, counties or states that require a home inspection. We have been trying to convince our legislators about this for years, but the idea has fallen on deaf years. I am this year going to attack the issue starting at the local level and then move on to the county level.

    Any suggestions as to how to best proceed?
    In Minnesota some cities require homes be inspected prior to them being listed for sale. These cities include: St Paul, Minneapolis, Bloomington, Richfield, North St Paul, South St Paul, Crystal, Brooklyn Park, and a few others. The inspections are referred to as Time of Sale or Truth in Housing inspections. Each city has their own rules and regulations and licensing requirements for the inspectors. All of these inspections have checklist style reports and are geared to make money for the cities and inspectors and have little benefit for the buyer. In fact St Paul has been requiring these inspections since the 1970's. Because it's regulated by the city most of the inspection criteria from the 1970's is still used. They don't have the time, manpower or willingness to update themselves.

    MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Making home inspections mandatory may increase overall demand on the entire industry for a short while, but it won't increase demand for your particular inspection services. Mandatory home inspections would only cause more people to become home inspectors, supply would catch demand, as it does with everything, and you would be back in the same boat.

    This is why InterNACHI spends its money marketing its members. Other associations do the reverse and spend their member's money to market their association. This is the big difference.

    So don't waste your energy trying to increase overall demand for inspections. Instead, spend your energy trying to increase particular demand for your inspection services.

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  16. #16
    Ted Menelly's Avatar
    Ted Menelly Guest

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Is The Place For The
    200% Satisfaction Guarantee


    Let's see. Sign on to this and release all future liability for the original inspector. Also the likelihood of finding out you are not happy with the original inspector after you moved in and not before ... about 100%. Like that will do any good.


    As far as the picture goes


    90 day warranty. Yeah, if you sign up for a home warranty and there is a service fee to fix what is wrong...... NOT FREE


    90 termite warranty. Yeah, if you sign up for a termite warranty and there is a deductible for a treatment needed and a quarterly or yearly renewal inspection fee......... NOT FREE


    Recall check for appliances free .....maybe has a slight merit


    Security Inspection ...all this does is put one man in front of you with a hard sell about how familiar they are with the home when that person would not be doing the set up and the clients can get a list of security folks for quotes for change over (probably no if they sign a contract for monitoring) ..............Totally useless


    Free sprinkler inspection ............... lets see. About ten minutes to put all zones on for a minute and see if there are heads not functioning and gushers coming out of the ground. I have been doing this 10 minute check as part of a home inspection for ever. It is a system of the home unlike a pool. A pool is always an extra and an important extra for life safety.


    As far as I am concerned this is all deceptive marketing. Yes it sells inspections but I would never use it. I am not going to sell anyone on a bill of goods other than what they are calling me for .... A home inspection.



    I will set up a termite inspection for them but I have a second set of eyes on site for that so I can keep on track with the home inspection instead of running thru the termite to finally get to the home inspection which has now been thrown out off kilter.


    Why would anyone wish to sell themselves on supposed free give aways to get an inspection.


    Sign this, sign this, oh yeah, sign this, oh by the way you just signed all rights of liability away from me on this etc etc etc


    Sad state of affairs is what the home inspection is becoming.


    If that is marketing I want nothing to do with it.

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Ted Menelly; 04-23-2011 at 09:03 AM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Rockwall Texas
    Posts
    4,519

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    That comment used all of the time "Peace of Mind" is really getting old.

    rick


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    If that is marketing I want nothing to do with it.
    It most certainly is not.

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post

    This is why InterNACHI spends its money marketing its members. Other associations do the reverse and spend their member's money to market their association. This is the big difference.

    .

    Is it possible for you to post something positive, that will help the members of this site, about this or any other any topic here, WITH OUT your, hey look at how great I am crap, bashing, name calling and lying about other inspectors, and home inspector associations?

    Last edited by Dan Harris; 04-23-2011 at 02:54 PM.
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Dan, LOL! Who does your association "brand?"

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    Dan, LOL! Who does your association "brand?"
    I'm not sure what your question is. Nobody here was talking about one association over another. I am referring to your not offering any value to a topic. Instead of offering anything of value, you continue coming here to tell us how great you are, and how stupid we are, and continue speeling your lies and negitave posts about other HI associations and inspectors on this site.

    With your LOL, I can only assume it's another attempt to bash me or the professional association I support.
    The association I choose to belong too and support, promotes to the public the value of getting an inspection from professional inspectors that meet certificiation requirements that are verified/ approved by a third party.

    As a result of that professional approch [ brand?] I get 3 -4 plus new inspections every month, 36 -48 plus every year, and countless repeat and referral inspections every year from my association alone.

    If you want to compare association marketing results for their members one could view post #70 where one of your members of 8 plus years, got a total of 2 inspections from your marketing over 8 plus years.... here... Positive feedback needed! - Page 5 - InterNACHI Message Board

    Last edited by Dan Harris; 04-23-2011 at 10:38 PM.
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    I

    If you want to compare association marketing results for their members one could view post #70 where one of your members of 8 plus years, got a total of 2 inspections from your marketing over 8 plus years, here... Positive feedback needed! - Page 5 - InterNACHI Message Board
    .
    Yeah But He was doing it All Wrong.
    * Lisa's on OT so let's help her out.
    .
    During my eight years of membership here at InterNACHI, I've received a grand total of two referrals totaling $798 from other InterNACHI members (one) and the public using something like InspectorSeek..

    *taken from above #70 reference.
    .

    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    .
    Yeah But He was doing it All Wrong.
    * Lisa's on OT so let's help her out.
    .
    .
    Does Lisa exist or is she nicki in a dress ?

    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    .

    Does Lisa exist or is she nicki in a dress ?
    .
    Oh She's Real !



    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    .
    Oh She's Real !


    I met nicko a few years ago,it was late at night. I belive after you have a few beers, put a blond wig on him he may kinda look like that gal.

    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    so so, California
    Posts
    1,769

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Realtors have too much influence with the inspection process. Consumers certainly are not being protected from their undue influences.
    Straight up, ...well stated.

    The MAZZA INSPECTION GROUP
    www.mazzainspections.com
    Level III Thermo-picture-taker-er...er

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    so so, California
    Posts
    1,769

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    That comment used all of the time "Peace of Mind" is really getting old.

    rick
    I agree. Platitudes ...

    The MAZZA INSPECTION GROUP
    www.mazzainspections.com
    Level III Thermo-picture-taker-er...er

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Vilonia AR
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    Making home inspections mandatory may increase overall demand on the entire industry for a short while, but it won't increase demand for your particular inspection services. Mandatory home inspections would only cause more people to become home inspectors, supply would catch demand, as it does with everything, and you would be back in the same boat.

    This is why InterNACHI spends its money marketing its members. Other associations do the reverse and spend their member's money to market their association. This is the big difference.

    So don't waste your energy trying to increase overall demand for inspections. Instead, spend your energy trying to increase particular demand for your inspection services.
    I may be crazy or idealistic, but I think that home inspections are very important to homebuyers. It is not just a matter of increasing my business. That is why my question concerning mandatory inspections. I agree that with mandatory inspections the pool of inspectors would increase, however in the bigger scheme of things mandatory inspections would help the consumer in general.

    I also agree with your marketing comments in so far as increasing the demand for my services. If a home inspector does not market him/herself then they will starve to death.

    Back to the original comments concerning realtors, here in Arkansas realtors are supposed to provide a list of inpsectors to clients and then the client chooses. I know that my name is not on some of those lists, but that just proves that you cannot please everyone, so just try to do a good inspection and write an honest report for your client.

    BTW, I think the attacks on Ms Lisa were a little overboard. If you do not like NACHI then do not join, same with ASHI or any other organization. I happen to belong to a local association that meets my needs for support and continuing education.


  29. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    885

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe R. Maxwell View Post
    I may be crazy or idealistic, but I think that home inspections are very important to homebuyers. It is not just a matter of increasing my business. That is why my question concerning mandatory inspections. I agree that with mandatory inspections the pool of inspectors would increase, however in the bigger scheme of things mandatory inspections would help the consumer in general.

    I also agree with your marketing comments in so far as increasing the demand for my services. If a home inspector does not market him/herself then they will starve to death.

    Back to the original comments concerning realtors, here in Arkansas realtors are supposed to provide a list of inpsectors to clients and then the client chooses. I know that my name is not on some of those lists, but that just proves that you cannot please everyone, so just try to do a good inspection and write an honest report for your client.

    BTW, I think the attacks on Ms Lisa were a little overboard. If you do not like NACHI then do not join, same with ASHI or any other organization. I happen to belong to a local association that meets my needs for support and continuing education.
    Hmm - Arkansas "requires" the realtor to provide a list of 3 inspectors. Really?
    The "attacks" on Lisa are not overboard, just distasteful. Sorry dude, but the whole organization is a mass marketing machine. Marketers are not known for always being accurate or truthful in claims promoting their product of the moment. Some of the stuff that Lisa posts makes me wonder if she has all her wheels on the track.

    The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Vilonia AR
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Please notice that I said "supposed to" not "requires". I know that this works to my advantage sometimes and sometimes it does not. I am not going to lose sleep over over it.


  31. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    885

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe R. Maxwell View Post
    Please notice that I said "supposed to" not "requires". I know that this works to my advantage sometimes and sometimes it does not. I am not going to lose sleep over over it.
    I stand corrected you did state "supposed to" but, "supposed to" implies some form of requirement. Maybe as a custom such as, "It is customary for agents to provide a list of 3 inspectors".
    I'm pretty sure a lot of us are in the same boat you are. Sometimes it's the broker that limits the inspectors on the "our guys" list.

    The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Brooks View Post
    I stand corrected you did state "supposed to" but, "supposed to" implies some form of requirement. Maybe as a custom such as, "It is customary for agents to provide a list of 3 inspectors".
    I'm pretty sure a lot of us are in the same boat you are. Sometimes it's the broker that limits the inspectors on the "our guys" list.
    What happens when you are the "our guy" on the brokers list?

    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    885

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    What happens when you are the "our guy" on the brokers list?
    I suppose "their guys" stay fairly busy especially when it's a large brokerage. I get the term "our guys" from the agents. You know the old, "I have a buyer who wants to use a credit card to pay for the inspection. Our regular guys don't take credit cards and you do. Can't you hurry over and do the inspection? Now?" Or, "I have a buyer who came in with just your name to do the home inspection. You're not one of our guys so I want to check you out. Have you done any work with other of our companies agents?"

    The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    so so, California
    Posts
    1,769

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    What happens when you are the "our guy" on the brokers list?
    I can live with that.

    The MAZZA INSPECTION GROUP
    www.mazzainspections.com
    Level III Thermo-picture-taker-er...er

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zeeland Michigan
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    We get that 3 referral stuff here too. We would like to recommend YOU but we have to give 3. What crap.
    Do it in reverse and watch the reaction:
    Hey my sister needs to sell her house and I'm going to include you in the 3 Realtor names I give her............

    If a man empties his purse into his head no one can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest
    Benjamin Franklin

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    so so, California
    Posts
    1,769

    Default Re: Realtor Points of View

    No doubt...jaws would drop

    The MAZZA INSPECTION GROUP
    www.mazzainspections.com
    Level III Thermo-picture-taker-er...er

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •