Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Back from vacation

    My Bride and I just got back from our vacation (20th anniversary).
    It was great, a 5 day cruise.
    The meals and service was super, the cruise lines really know how to treat you.

    No, I did not tell anyone I was leaving on vacation, much less any of you. It's just not a good idea.

    I missed my dogs, I missed my bed, heck, I missed working.
    Any how, glad to be back home.

    Oh, internet access on the ship was $3.95 to connect and $.75 per minute, so no, I did not keep up with IN while I was away.

    Similar Threads:
    F.I.R.E. Services
    ' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,828

    Default Re: Back from vacation

    welcome back, man you missed alot SOS!!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: Back from vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by wayne soper View Post
    welcome back, man you missed alot SOS!!
    Yeah, I see there was even MORE on garage door testing.

    ' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

  4. #4
    Garry Blankenship's Avatar
    Garry Blankenship Guest

    Default Re: Back from vacation

    Welcome back Your Rickness and congratulations on your 20 year partnership. It does kinda hurt to know that us IN loiterers are not even worth $ 10.00 or so in web access fees - - - Scrooge


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: Back from vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Blankenship View Post
    Welcome back Your Rickness and congratulations on your 20 year partnership. It does kinda hurt to know that us IN loiterers are not even worth $ 10.00 or so in web access fees - - - Scrooge
    Scrooge, yeah right.
    $3.95 to connect plus $.75 per minute
    When was the last time you were on here for 8 minutes OR LESS, in one week.

    ' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: Back from vacation

    Welcome back!


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    2,303

    Default Re: Back from vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    Yeah, I see there was even MORE on garage door testing.
    I think I'd rather been standing on the fantail watching the wake dissappear on the horizon. 20years, sounds like a keeper!

    The beatings will continue until morale has improved. mgt.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area
    Posts
    3,473

    Default Re: Back from vacation

    Glad to hear you had a good time Rick. My vaca can't get here fast enough. One week in Hilton Head of relaxing during the day on the beach and at the pool and surf fishing at night.

    "It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: Back from vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    Glad to hear you had a good time Rick. My vaca can't get here fast enough. One week in Hilton Head of relaxing during the day on the beach and at the pool and surf fishing at night.
    I went to Hilton Head once, the worst vacation I ever had.
    I had an outbreak of Shingles, on my face and IN MY EYE.
    No kidding, in my eye.
    Stayed in the room the whole time.
    Finally told my wife, I'm leaving.
    Of course I did not know I had shingles when we left.

    ' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area
    Posts
    3,473

    Default Re: Back from vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    I went to Hilton Head once, the worst vacation I ever had.
    I had an outbreak of Shingles, on my face and IN MY EYE.
    No kidding, in my eye.
    Stayed in the room the whole time.
    Finally told my wife, I'm leaving.
    Of course I did not know I had shingles when we left.

    Note to self......do not contract shingles while on vacation.

    "It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    state of jefferson
    Posts
    520

    Default Re: Back from vacation

    rick,
    where did you cruise to? i'm looking to cruise the carribean next and sample rum from the source.
    i had a sister get shingles and after watching her suffer , I paid the two hundred for the vaccination immediately.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: Back from vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by brian schmitt View Post
    rick,
    where did you cruise to? i'm looking to cruise the carribean next and sample rum from the source.
    Key West Florida, and Nassau Bahamas
    Cruise line was Carnival Fascination

    Quote Originally Posted by brian schmitt View Post
    i had a sister get shingles and after watching her suffer , I paid the two hundred for the vaccination immediately.
    $200 is a bargain compared to what I paid, not to mention the suffering.

    ' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Wink Re: Back from vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    .
    I just got back from our vacation (.
    .
    And The Board Was So Peaceful.
    * did I mention The Great Garage Door Testing thread ?

    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    91

    Default Re: Back from vacation

    Rick, Its hard for me to take off in the summer. How did you handle booking work while you were gone? My phone always goes crazy when on vacation! Went on a cruise a few years back and had my daughter book jobs for me!

    James Bohac

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: Back from vacation

    Quote Originally Posted by James Bohac View Post
    Rick, Its hard for me to take off in the summer. How did you handle booking work while you were gone? My phone always goes crazy when on vacation! Went on a cruise a few years back and had my daughter book jobs for me!
    When I got married (July 19th 20 years ago) I did not have the foresight to anticipate the conflict it may create.

    As for the phone, I did not turn the cell phone on.

    I changed my phone greeting to include who to contact if one of my tenants, or an alarm customer had a problem.

    ' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •