Results 1 to 45 of 45
  1. #1
    Lewis Capaul's Avatar
    Lewis Capaul Guest

    Cool We Are Not Alone????

    Inspection Referral SOC

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hudson, WI
    Posts
    645

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Capaul View Post
    Is that looking out the window from your padded room?


  3. #3
    Richard Rushing's Avatar
    Richard Rushing Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Pretty good video... looks convincing enough.

    But, then again, I could get the same effect if I watched/ filmed my old lady drive across the 12th street bridge.

    Rich

    ps. Michael, what's with the attitude?? Oh yeah, that's right... ya'll ain't blood brothers no mo. Dude, I thought you were better than that mess.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hudson, WI
    Posts
    645

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rushing View Post
    ps. Michael, what's with the attitude?? Oh yeah, that's right... ya'll ain't blood brothers no mo. Dude, I thought you were better than that mess.
    Richard,

    Lewis and I went at it when he we were blood bros too.

    He's been quiet for a while and believe me, I didn't miss him.


  5. #5
    Lewis Capaul's Avatar
    Lewis Capaul Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Larson View Post
    Richard,

    Lewis and I went at it when he we were blood bros too.

    He's been quiet for a while and believe me, I didn't miss him.
    Come on Michael, you know you missed me, it must have been really boring just replying to posts that you agree with, but then sheep seem to enjoy boredom.

    Why don't you come back to the other thread and discuss why your leader won't pay his attorneys?

    This thread had nothing to do with your association or home inspection, I'm more than willing to discuss those subjects in threads intended for, or alreadyin existence. Let's discuss them there.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hudson, WI
    Posts
    645

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Capaul View Post
    Come on Michael, you know you missed me,.
    About as much as a formerly chaffed rear end.


  7. #7
    Joseph P. Hagarty's Avatar
    Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Capaul View Post

    Why don't you come back to the other thread and discuss why your leader won't pay his attorneys?
    The Business of NACHI and its Dealings with its Contracted Services is the Business of NACHI.

    Not being a Member of the Organization, why do you care?


  8. #8
    Lewis Capaul's Avatar
    Lewis Capaul Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph P. Hagarty View Post
    The Business of NACHI and its Dealings with its Contracted Services is the Business of NACHI.

    Not being a Member of the Organization, why do you care?
    Joe, as I've already explained, Nachi/Nick, you and others claim to be the most powerful Home Inspectors Association in the world, isn't that correct? I don't want to be accused of "fabricating" those claims and don't want to go to the trouble of cutting and pasting statements that show it to be true.

    As the most powerful Home Inspectors Association In the World, doesn't Nachi's actions and image reflect on the Home Inspection industry as a whole? Don't the actions, ethics, and morals of those who claim to represent ?10,000, ?8,000, ?7,000 Home Inspectors reflect on the rest of us, especially when their stated goal is to take over the Home inspection Industry completely? When so many Inspectors are sold meaningless certifications that have no true requirements, doesn't that reflect on every other Certification or designation in the industry?

    Actually it really doesn't, all the power you claim to have exists only on your message board and among your vendors. Your (Nachi's) statements and actions here and there make good ammo in in any discussion with Realtors, Clients, politicians, etc. when discussing those inspectors who claim "certification" and the morals and ethical standards of the association, by what ever name, that issues them.
    http://www.inspectorsjournal.com/for...ion=goto&id=70



    But like I said, there are threads here already that are discussing this issue, this one is about a cool video, is it real?


  9. #9
    Joseph P. Hagarty's Avatar
    Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Lewis,

    You suggest that NACHI is not the "most powerful Home Inspectors Association In the World". You then suggest "Nachi's actions and image reflect on the Home Inspection industry"

    If NACHI lacks significance, how could their actions be reflective on Home Inspectors?

    The significance of the Organization has been developed by the Members who post positively as well as the Detractors who continue to make much ado about Nothing. Thanks for your help.

    ----------------------------


  10. #10
    Joseph P. Hagarty's Avatar
    Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    You posted:
    "....Inspectors are sold meaningless certifications that have no true requirements, doesn't that reflect on every other Certification or designation in the industry?"

    If you truly examine the various applications, you will find that there really is no difference between any of the Organizations. All require an affidavit (signed / notarized) attesting to completion of requirements.

    Welcome Homebuyers and Sellers | ASHI, American Society of Home Inspectors

    How do I prove I have performed 250 fee paid inspections?
    After passing the verification process you will be mailed a personalized affidavit of completion that you will need to get signed, dated and notarized attesting to 250+ inspections

    http://www.nahi.org/NAHI-Membership-App-07.pdf

    Notarized Statement
    I, the undersigned applicant, hereby declare that the information contained in this application is true and that I will use most recent edition of the NAHI Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics as a guideline to perform home inspections. I further agree to hold the National Association of Home Inspectors harmless in the event of a claim or proceeding arising out of the performance of service for customers referred to me by the NAHI's referral service. I authorize NAHI to investigate and confirm the information declared by me in this application.

    http://www.nachi.org/documents/app_66.pdf

    I have participated in or performed more than 100 home inspections

    Sign Below
    X______________________________________________

    Thanks for pointing that out...


  11. #11
    Kevin VanderWarf's Avatar
    Kevin VanderWarf Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Man, that's some thread drift.
    So that's what a launched watermelon looks like through a night vision lens.


  12. #12
    Lewis Capaul's Avatar
    Lewis Capaul Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph P. Hagarty View Post
    You posted:
    "....Inspectors are sold meaningless certifications that have no true requirements, doesn't that reflect on every other Certification or designation in the industry?"

    If you truly examine the various applications, you will find that there really is no difference between any of the Organizations. All require an affidavit (signed / notarized) attesting to completion of requirements.

    Welcome Homebuyers and Sellers | ASHI, American Society of Home Inspectors

    How do I prove I have performed 250 fee paid inspections?
    After passing the verification process you will be mailed a personalized affidavit of completion that you will need to get signed, dated and notarized attesting to 250+ inspections

    http://www.nahi.org/NAHI-Membership-App-07.pdf

    Notarized Statement
    I, the undersigned applicant, hereby declare that the information contained in this application is true and that I will use most recent edition of the NAHI Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics as a guideline to perform home inspections. I further agree to hold the National Association of Home Inspectors harmless in the event of a claim or proceeding arising out of the performance of service for customers referred to me by the NAHI's referral service. I authorize NAHI to investigate and confirm the information declared by me in this application.

    http://www.nachi.org/documents/app_66.pdf

    I have participated in or performed more than 100 home inspections

    Sign Below
    X______________________________________________

    Thanks for pointing that out...
    Joe I'm replying back in the Associations forum under the thread that has been discussing the legal actions pertaining to your association.


  13. #13
    Joseph P. Hagarty's Avatar
    Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Capaul View Post
    Joe I'm replying back in the Associations forum under the thread that has been discussing the legal actions pertaining to your association.
    Why? Does monitoring more than one thread on this BB confuse you?


  14. #14
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Capaul View Post
    Actually it really doesn't, all the power you claim to have exists only on your message board and among your vendors.


    It is good to know that you understand NAHI (spit) is weaker then NACHI, but still you would think that they with all their lawyers, judges & whatnot would be able to force one single home inspector in Florida to conform and acknowledge their victory.

    I mean, I mean... Look at all the member resources NAHI (spit) pissed away and through all of it there stands one single Florida home inspector who is defiant and refuses to turn over to the supposed victors that which they claim was won in battle, the NACHI logo.

    So just to reiterate... I will never allow you or NAHI (spit) to dictate what logos my company uses, not now, not ever and if you don't like it do something about it, I dare you.

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Joe ,

    I unsubscribed to that other long chest beating dribble thread. Must We unsubscribe to others as well.

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  16. #16
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Joe ,

    I unsubscribed to that other long chest beating dribble thread. Must We unsubscribe to others as well.


    A man has gotta do what a man has gotta do...

    BTW I like mine better.

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

  17. #17
    Lewis Capaul's Avatar
    Lewis Capaul Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph P. Hagarty View Post
    Why? Does monitoring more than one thread on this BB confuse you?
    No Joe it doesn't, but as a courtesy to other members of this board I try to keep my bullsh*t confined to one thread, where they can read it or ignore it as they chose. A thread already exists where the subject of your associations actions is being discussed, why do you want to run away from that thread?

    The same applies to you Joe B. we already have a discussion going about your threats in another forum, take it there, I gladly give your more statements you can send to the Attorney Generals.


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hudson, WI
    Posts
    645

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Capaul View Post
    No Joe it doesn't, but as a courtesy to other members of this board I try to keep my bullsh*t confined to one thread,
    Seems you failed Lewis. See post #5 in this thread.


  19. #19
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Lookie at all the NACHI logos posted on this thread. If lewis's interpretation is correct then what do you think that judge would say if in he saw all the disregard folks here had for his high decree?

    Furthermore, what about this message board, do you think the judge would force the owner to ban the use of the NACHI logo?

    Lewis, do you see the potential shitstorm you have caused here for your new found association. This message board flies high the NAHI (spit) logo and now you have dared and forced others to take a stand in their own personal beliefs.

    Was it your intention to drag this message board through the muck & mire of your own miserable existence? You should truly be ashamed of yourself.


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Joe B,

    It's good to hang onto some things of the past(destine to be a collector item as they disappear.)

    How abut posting some Dated pictures of You Company Vehicle ?

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  21. #21
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Joe B,

    It's good to hang onto some things of the past(destine to be a collector item as they disappear.)

    How abut posting some Dated pictures of You Company Vehicle ?

    My guess is that NACHI will still be going strong well after you have abandoned the idea of being a home inspector and gone back to working under the golden arches.

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

  22. #22
    Joseph P. Hagarty's Avatar
    Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Re: NAHI wins again in US District Court
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lewis Capaul
    "One of the main differences Joe, as you already know, is that Associations like ASHI require applicants to take a proctored exam ...."



    That is the only difference. Pretty amazing.

    No Experience. No Training. No Insurance...Just an Affidavit and a contribution to the Organization's Exam funds.

    So what do you suggest makes NACHI less than Certified?


  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    My guess is that NACHI will still be going strong well after you have abandoned the idea of being a home inspector and gone back to working under the golden arches.
    Joe B,

    You have such a Vivid Imagination, (Delusional?)

    Is that a symptom of your Napoleon Syndrome?

    Now about those Dated Pictures ! Show us the Dated Pictures of your company vehicle
    proudly displaying the LOGO of your choice.

    Last edited by Billy Stephens; 11-28-2007 at 01:52 PM. Reason: B added
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  24. #24
    Lewis Capaul's Avatar
    Lewis Capaul Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    Lookie at all the NACHI logos posted on this thread. If lewis's interpretation is correct then what do you think that judge would say if in he saw all the disregard folks here had for his high decree?

    Furthermore, what about this message board, do you think the judge would force the owner to ban the use of the NACHI logo?

    Lewis, do you see the potential shitstorm you have caused here for your new found association. This message board flies high the NAHI (spit) logo and now you have dared and forced others to take a stand in their own personal beliefs.

    Was it your intention to drag this message board through the muck & mire of your own miserable existence? You should truly be ashamed of yourself.
    All the Nachi logos posted on this thread Joe are either your's or the other Joe's, what an army of protesters you have, I'm truly impressed.

    Daring and making threats are your thing Joe, just examples of your childish mind. It won't be me who tells you to get rid of your Nachi logo's Joe, and it probably won't be NAHI, it will be Nick so you can fight him to the death, but remember those logos are his, not yours.

    Billy, you have to understand that Joe lives in his own little anarchist world where Nachi may still exist, yet except for corporate papers and tax purposes it has been replaced by InterNachi. Joe as you see is a firm believer that life without NACHI is miserable, he must have had a really bad life for the 40 or 50 years before he found happiness in the Flock. he must be afraid of losing Nachi and maybe having to return to his prior life where he must have been so "miserable"

    Maybe this was his spaceship that crashed ending the mission Nick sent him on to begin Nachi's Galactic Domination


  25. #25
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Capaul View Post
    It won't be me who tells you to get rid of your Nachi logo's Joe, and it probably won't be NAHI.


    Figures, I knew you had no guts for the fight, but I figured that now you have NAHI in your back pocket that you might not punk out.

    The only thing I can assume is that both you and NAHI are full of girly-men who refuse to fight for your supposed birthright, some victory, don't worry I won't tell your wife.

    Viva La NACHI!


  26. #26
    Lewis Capaul's Avatar
    Lewis Capaul Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    [QUOTE=Joseph Burkeson;25691]Figures, I knew you had no guts for the fight, but I figured that now you have NAHI in your back pocket that you might not punk out.

    The only thing I can assume is that both you and NAHI are full of girly-men who refuse to fight for your supposed birthright, some victory, don't worry I won't tell your wife.

    Come on Joe, threaten to hold your breath or some other juvenile response that might impress your flock. It's not my fight, I'm only an interested party telling you how I would handle the situation, you seem to take that as a Legal Opinion, is that a compliment? You don't have much to defend yourself with do you Joe except pounding your chest and making threats, you're fighting a battle that you know you have already lost.

    Why don't you have "Joe Nachi" tattooed on your a$$, then when you're speaking and someone leans in a little closer to hear what you're saying, they can read it.


  27. #27
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Capaul View Post
    It's not my fight, I'm only an interested party.

    Lewis,

    Believe me when I say that anyone who has painfully slogged through these threads of yours does not for one moment believe that statement. You lost your membership with NACHI and now you want the whole world to bleed for you and feel your pain.

    Furthermore, not only have you lost the support of the NACHI family, you have failed garner any real sponsorship from NAHI, my guess is after they see the type of display you have put on here they want no more to do with you then NACHI does.

    Discovering just how pathetic you are has taken most all the fun out of our budding relationship, hopefully you will find another playmate to rage against the machine with soon as I'm bored & tired of you.

    Joe.


  28. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,280

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    Lewis,...I'm bored & tired of you.

    Joe.

    Ha!

    Yet you continue to pollute the internet with your tired ol' replies, over & over, & over...


  29. #29
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    Ha!

    Yet you continue to pollute the internet with your tired ol' replies, over & over, & over...


    Hi Dom,

    Silly me, I thought you (actually anyone) was finally here to support Lewis, so it goes.

    Joe.


  30. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,280

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    Hi Dom,

    Silly me, I thought you (actually anyone) was finally here to support Lewis, so it goes.

    Joe.

    Please, don't drag me into your ongoing battle.

    I'll chip in $5.00 to start the Joe B vs. Lewis C. Extreme Fighting match.


  31. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Rockwall Texas
    Posts
    4,517

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    You guys amaze me.

    A guy (Lewis) posts a clip of a UFO and you guys turn it into a pissing match over whose club house is bigger and better.

    I swear some of you must have a alarm that rings your phone when the words NACHI, ASHI or NAHI pops up on some message board. Then here you all run swinging your swords.

    rick


  32. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    4,112

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    I'll chip in $5.00 to start the Joe B vs. Lewis C. Extreme Fighting match.
    Me too if someone promises that both get their typing fingers broken.

    Brian, can you make a thread for all the organization crap can go on that the rest of us can just turn off?

    I have a few on my ignore list that never contribute anything worthwhile but sometimes otherwise sane people get baited into the crap discussions.

    Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Dallas, Texas

  33. #33
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    I'll chip in $5.00 to start the Joe B vs. Lewis C. Extreme Fighting match.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Capaul View Post
    It's not my fight, I'm only an interested party.

    Hi Dom,

    Save your money pal, NAHI's newest Director of Public Relations has already thrown in the towel.

    Joe.


  34. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    4,112

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Hey, I've got it!

    All sane people just don't mention or respond to the Nachi, Ashi, etc. bluster. OK?

    I know that will mean there will still be a few kooks crossing swords, but maybe if we are very, very, quite they will think nobody is home and leave.

    Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Dallas, Texas

  35. #35
    Joseph P. Hagarty's Avatar
    Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Jim,

    I did not start the thread.

    Ironic that no one takes offense when these threads are initiated. Everyone seems to be offended when someone responds.

    If you don't like these types of threads....
    1. Don't start them.
    2. Don't read them
    3. Don't respond.

    Quite simple.


  36. #36
    Lewis Capaul's Avatar
    Lewis Capaul Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    Lewis,

    Believe me when I say that anyone who has painfully slogged through these threads of yours does not for one moment believe that statement. You lost your membership with NACHI and now you want the whole world to bleed for you and feel your pain.

    Furthermore, not only have you lost the support of the NACHI family, you have failed garner any real sponsorship from NAHI, my guess is after they see the type of display you have put on here they want no more to do with you then NACHI does.

    Discovering just how pathetic you are has taken most all the fun out of our budding relationship, hopefully you will find another playmate to rage against the machine with soon as I'm bored & tired of you.

    Joe.
    Poor Joe, you spout so much crap about being independent and not caring what others think, yet you don't really even understand the concept. First of all Joe I would have needed to have some support in your Nachi family before I could lose it wouldn't I, I never had much except from the inspectors where I do business, which for the most part I still have. Second I don't know any one who belongs to NAHI and really don't care if they agree with what I would do in their circumstance, they're probably nicer guys than me.

    Pathetic Joe is not having the brains to conduct an intelligent argument without almost immediately resorting to name calling and threats. Pathetic is claiming to have sent someone's posts to Attorney Generals as if doing so would somehow threaten me or anyone. Pathetic Joe is pounding the Free Speech, Free Country B.S. and then believing your could do something to stop me or anyone who disagrees with you from exercising those same rights.

    We had a similar argument over HI Licensing in Florida, you lost. We had another over SPI Licensing in Washington, a member listened to you and your buddies, and she lost. You celebrated a great victory over NAHI, I said that NACHI had lost, I was right, you were wrong. You're not having a good year Joe and things will only get worse, Licensing season is almost here again and soon good old Nick will tell you to change your logo, he's already sending you the new color InterNachi ones. Poor old Joe, living in Florida but lost in the
    State of Denial.

    If you have anything pertaining to the discussions about Nachi legal troubles let me know, if you're only going to make your threats and about how you would miss Nachi just send me more of your funny PM's, you know those ones with all your favorite words that make you feel brave.


  37. #37
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Hey, I've got it!

    All sane people just don't mention or respond to the Nachi, Ashi, etc. bluster. OK?

    I know that will mean there will still be a few kooks crossing swords, but maybe if we are very, very, quite they will think nobody is home and leave.


    Jim,

    Threads like this are pretty self evident so I agree with Joe Hagarty, if you don't like them then don't participate. Or maybe you just have mixed this board up with one of those religious message boards where everyone is expected to turn the other cheek, that just ain't going to happen here without draconian policing.

    There are two types of message boards, one where heated bare-knuckle discussions can take place, and those other boards like ASHI's where nothing of any value gets discussed and everyone is fearful of opening their mouth.

    Stop this type of discussion here and this board dies, because, bottom line... No one is interested in advertising on a message board that get no hits.

    Joe.


  38. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Rockwall Texas
    Posts
    4,517

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Joe,

    How can you justify that this thread was started with the intent of going on and on about yours and others organizations?

    I think the title is something about UFO's

    rick


  39. #39
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Joe,

    How can you justify that this thread was started with the intent of going on and on about yours and others organizations?

    I think the title is something about UFO's

    rick

    You may disagree but back on thread #5 Lewis took a shot & it escalated out from there. Realize that there is always & will forever be tension on this board, so it don't take much to start the fur flying.

    We all have our own personal agendas and it seems that they all can't coexist without some discord, some things just ain't fixable and must be lived with.


  40. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post

    Stop this type of discussion here and this board dies

    Joe.

    OH NO !


    With out JOE WE all PERISH!!!

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Billy Stephens; 11-28-2007 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Added Avatar
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  41. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    4,112

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Brian, can you make a thread for all the organization crap can go on that the rest of us can just turn off?

    I have a few on my ignore list that never contribute anything worthwhile but sometimes otherwise sane people get baited into the crap discussions.
    If you will read my comments, I concur with your reasoning Mr. Hagarty.
    If you don't like these types of threads....
    1. Don't start them.
    2. Don't read them
    3. Don't respond.

    Quite simple.
    The trouble is that now it seems that many real threads are being derailed into the flaming association war. Not my cup of tea, but I continue to read except when I know there is nothing to learn in a particular thread.
    To each his own.

    Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Dallas, Texas

  42. #42
    Joseph P. Hagarty's Avatar
    Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    I
    ...Not my cup of tea, but I continue to read except when I know there is nothing to learn in a particular thread.
    .
    There is something to be Learned in Every Thread if not taken to a Personal Level.

    There is Information based on Assumptions made being Touted as Fact exemplifying Lies.

    Professional Organizations work to assist their respective Memberships. Business and Individual needs are not Universal. That is why there are multiple Organizations.

    I have never understood the belief that the position of one Organization is somehow elevated by attempting to detract from another.

    If you are a Member and disagree with the direction of the Organization, work positively to effectuate change. If you do not see what you perceive to be needed to ever come to fruition, move on.

    Quite Simple. Don't you think?


  43. #43
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    The trouble is that now it seems that many real threads are being derailed into the flaming association war. Not my cup of tea, but I continue to read except when I know there is nothing to learn in a particular thread.


    It is the elephant in the room, that no one wants to acknowledge. Containment might be an option, but it appears that many folks get more pleasure at taking shots on what you have called "real threads". If all you are as you say is here to learn then threads like this should not be an attraction in the first place. I mean just how much inspection knowledge did you really expect to glean from a thread entitled "We Are Not Alone????"?

    On this message board I rarely post anywhere other then on the Non-Technical section of the forum. Actually my primary reason for being here at all is to disseminate information regarding home inspector licensing and to garner support for and voice public dissent on all aspects of home inspector licensing, although I must admit the association flame wars do dovetail nicely into my primary goal.

    Personally, I would like to stay on topic, that is where the meat is but there are few here who don't have the mental capacity to keep up and their only defense is to resort to attacks on a personal level. All & all that is to be expected in an open forum and the best way to contravene such attacks is by developing a tough skin.

    Thanks for the opportunity to share my thoughts.


  44. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    but there are few here who don't have the mental capacity to keep up and their only defense is to resort to attacks on a personal level. .
    Jim L.,

    You got that on The Thread you Started ICC CERTIFICATION.

    What a crock.

    If you don't agree with Joe or challenge anything he might say you are(fill in the Blanks)

    Look at some of his history...He's feeling a little heat and wants to back pedal.

    I'm an example of Two face Joe. I'm almost 55 and spent the last 35 mostly as a Structural Designer./ Engineer, and tried to learn something every day.

    However according to Joe I'm an imbecilic Burger flipper that knows nothing among other things before he was cautioned to tone it down.

    He teaches a Course on ICC Certification ? No thanks ( To Be Justified by Who?)

    This is not Rocket Science Gentlemen, It's a great many small details to be learned.
    I've meet many people who profess to have driven the past 40,50,60 years but that in its
    self does not guarantee that they do it well.

    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  45. #45
    Kevin VanderWarf's Avatar
    Kevin VanderWarf Guest

    Default Re: We Are Not Alone????

    Hate to interrupt but did you guys see the space ship?, wow!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •