Results 1 to 61 of 61
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default INACHI controls NAHI

    InterNACHI has now taken control of NAHI. Nick Gromicko accepted the position of Executive Director at NAHI.

    Similar Threads:
    F.I.R.E. Services
    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Windsor Ontario
    Posts
    374

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    InterNACHI has now taken control of NAHI. Nick Gromicko accepted the position of Executive Director at NAHI.
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but since it seems that NAHI dissolved, would this simply be a takeover of name only?


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,078

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Claude Lawrenson View Post
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but since it seems that NAHI dissolved, would this simply be a takeover of name only?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Seems that Claude was right - the take over is in name only. Once dissolved, anyone can pop and grab the name.

    A forward thinking person who cared could have "bought" the name from NAHI for $1 prior to NAHI being dissolved. With that, there would not even be a 'take over in name only'.

    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Seems that Claude was right - the take over is in name only. Once dissolved, anyone can pop and grab the name.

    A forward thinking person who cared could have "bought" the name from NAHI for $1 prior to NAHI being dissolved. With that, there would not even be a 'take over in name only'.

    A forward thinking association would not have duped it's members so now a forward thinking corporation is continuing its name for it's members.

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,078

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    A forward thinking association would not have duped it's members so now a forward thinking corporation is continuing its name for it's members.
    The original forward thinking association fell victim to a non-forward thinking company which uses the term 'association' very loosely ...

    A forward thinking association would not build itself on being owned by one person and racing to the bottom.

    Even Walmart knows that it is not an association, it just calls its employees "associates" instead of "employees" to make it sound better.

    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    The original forward thinking association fell victim to a non-forward thinking company which uses the term 'association' very loosely ...
    That's what happens when you lets others run your business.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    A forward thinking association would not build itself on being owned by one person and racing to the bottom.
    One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
    Try looking up when you are standing on your head, Jerry.
    Free trade organization.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Even Walmart knows that it is not an association, it just calls its employees "associates" instead of "employees" to make it sound better.
    Sometimes you just have to move along with the times.

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,078

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    That's what happens when you lets others run your business.


    One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
    Try looking up when you are standing on your head, Jerry.
    Free trade organization.


    Sometimes you just have to move along with the times.
    And some people just like the kool aid and keep drinking it.

    Robert, you are on one side looking up - I am on the other side looking down (I don't like the kool aid).

    I was never a member of NAHI, so it is not I that I was talking about when I said "who cared".

    I was a member of ASHI until they began their marketing fiasco, then I did not renew (their marketing was not for me).

    Nick is all about marketing, he indicated a brief moment of possibly trying to make his company better, then back-stabbed those who he asked to help him, as such, I have no use for him or his company either, and his marketing was DEFINITELY not for me, worse for me than even the ASHI marketing).

    So, Robert, you are barking up the wrong tree on this board, go do that on his company's board, and especially this tree ... don't waste your energy, besides, all you will do is get tired and end up sitting on the front porch wagging your tail like nice old doggies do.

    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    And some people just like the kool aid and keep drinking it.

    Robert, you are on one side looking up - I am on the other side looking down (I don't like the kool aid).

    I was never a member of NAHI, so it is not I that I was talking about when I said "who cared".

    I was a member of ASHI until they began their marketing fiasco, then I did not renew (their marketing was not for me).

    Nick is all about marketing, he indicated a brief moment of possibly trying to make his company better, then back-stabbed those who he asked to help him, as such, I have no use for him or his company either, and his marketing was DEFINITELY not for me, worse for me than even the ASHI marketing).

    So, Robert, you are barking up the wrong tree on this board, go do that on his company's board, and especially this tree ... don't waste your energy, besides, all you will do is get tired and end up sitting on the front porch wagging your tail like nice old doggies do.
    not barking up any tree. Remember, I am offering information.
    If you wish to offer disparaging remarks about the associations I belong to I will defend them.

    Jerry, I do not go as far back into the industry as you do but what I have seen is an association and founder do good for the industry.
    Like taking on Homesafe when even the Infrared giants dare not tread.
    Looks like he is doing the same for NAHI and its members.
    Let the dust settle before you start making accusations.

    I know nothing about backstabbing but know this, if you were not privy to any binding contractual talks/agreements and someone's cries foul, they can contest it in a court of law. heard my far share of cry me a river.

    Heard lots of questionable things and don't listen. Seeing is believing. He never once disappointed me and offered MUCH help to a nobody for nothing!!

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,807

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Kinda of much todo about nothing. Sorry all todo about marketing.

    Isn't it much like the government folding and Castro declaring himself El Jefe then retaining power by coercive actions.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Windsor Ontario
    Posts
    374

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Robert - One thing I believe, and that is not to believe everything your see or read on the Internet, and certainly not everything that is posted by some on the NACHI or any other forum.

    There's no shortcuts, do your own research and you may learn something valuable in that process.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,078

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    I know nothing about backstabbing but know this, if you were not privy to any binding contractual talks/agreements and someone's cries foul, they can contest it in a court of law.
    Now that you've opened that can ... did he ever resolve those $15,000 or so of worms he left behind in PA that the PA government were out to get him for?

    The other part I was speaking of, I know the facts about because I was part of those facts ... long before your time there ... so be careful what you read/hear and believe.

    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Now that you've opened that can ... did he ever resolve those $15,000 or so of worms he left behind in PA that the PA government were out to get him for?
    Why you asking me or saying anything at all?
    I told you where I stand. Accept it and move on.
    As for alleged monies. Ask Nick, his layer or the government.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    The other part I was speaking of, I know the facts about because I was part of those facts ... long before your time there ... so be careful what you read/hear and believe.
    fact. The world is a very hard place for some.
    Many get knocked down over and over again with mud thrown at them.
    $15,000 a bloody drop in the bucket as compared to what I have lost.
    Better people rise up to beat the odds stacked against them.

    Night Jerry.
    Hope you feel better about life tomorrow.

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Jerry, I hope you had a good sleep.
    I personally struggle when I have much on my mind.

    It is a wonderful thing NAHI is being resurrected. It's members can remain proud to belong to an association with industry prominence for/of higher learning and continued education.

    I was not privy to the adverse legalities that almost ended NAHI's existence, nor what was bargained for to continue NAHI existence. What I do know, I did not see any other association reach out to support, contribute to, or find a solution to keep NAHI afloat except for NACHI. Remember, they could have refused the terms not agreeable. The NAHI name will continue.

    This animosity some feel towards NACHI/Nick should stop. From my perspective, I see an association/man that continually reaches out to listen and be supportive to others, and even act as an ambassador within the industry among its players.

    Marketing is a fact of life if you wish to exist and grow.
    Have a great morning Jerry, members.
    Robert

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Claude Lawrenson View Post
    Robert - One thing I believe, and that is not to believe everything your see or read on the Internet, and certainly not everything that is posted by some on the NACHI or any other forum.

    There's no shortcuts, do your own research and you may learn something valuable in that process.
    Yup, OACHI would be another good example. But I digress... I also don't believe everything I read on this forum either.


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Claude Lawrenson View Post
    Robert - One thing I believe, and that is not to believe everything your see or read on the Internet, and certainly not everything that is posted by some on the NACHI or any other forum.

    There's no shortcuts, do your own research and you may learn something valuable in that process.
    Claude, I was emailed last night you had replied but could not find your post when I arrived.

    With all due respect, Claude.
    Please indicate where I said take shortcuts.

    Best regards.

    PS: Sorry for the digression. Maybe you should explain about grandfathering and teachers as well.

    Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 12-15-2016 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Off topic.
    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Robert,

    Somewhat a digression, but with regards to CSA. I asked CSA staff who worked on the home inspection standard if they had ever been out on an inspection to know what they speak of.

    The answer was no, to their knowledge no one in CSA had been out on an inspection nor did anyone ask them to go out on an inspection. I find that rather glaringly strange since they may have had a better understanding of the trials and tribulations of actually inspecting something. Rather narrow myopic thinking on the part of CSA.


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Claude Lawrenson View Post
    Robert - One thing I believe, and that is not to believe everything your see or read on the Internet, and certainly not everything that is posted by some on the NACHI or any other forum.
    I concur.
    When I am interested, I look further.
    As for NACHI, why do so many contribute to its success?

    Have a great day , Claude.
    Robert

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Robert,

    Somewhat a digression, but with regards to CSA. I asked CSA staff who worked on the home inspection standard if they had ever been out on an inspection to know what they speak of.

    The answer was no, to their knowledge no one in CSA had been out on an inspection nor did anyone ask them to go out on an inspection. I find that rather glaringly strange since they may have had a better understanding of the trials and tribulations of actually inspecting something. Rather narrow myopic thinking on the part of CSA.
    Wow. Great investigative work on your part, Ray. Kudos buddy!

    I think the whole affair was sorted and misguided from the start.
    They might as well have used the Mike Holmes name or the man himself for momentum.
    But that would have gone over like a lead balloon. Methinks many a home inspectors would like to survey Mr. Holmes waste drain pipe with a server borescope for blockage.

    That being said. Now the provinces that contributed financially are stuck between a rock and a hard place. 1: They either back the SOP or be looked upon questionably by the constituents and other political parties that voiced any concerns.
    2: As well, Nick can always publish the copyright PFD and await the CSA to take action through the courts or behind closed doors while NACHI argues the SOP is in partly theirs and have all proceeds returned to their rightful owners.

    What a fiasco.

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,078

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Robert,

    Your posts indicate you've already drank too much of the kool-aid ... no need for additional responses beyond commenting on maybe that is also why stay awake thinking of things (ad you said you did).

    Me, no kool-aid for me and I sleep fine.

    But thanks for being concerned about my health - cheers.

    When you get over comments about Nick's company causing you so much mental grief ... that may be an indication that the kool-aid has worn off and you have a better view of reality.

    Until then ... hope you can start getting a better night's sleep.

    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Robert,
    When you get over comments about Nick's company causing you so much mental grief ... that may be an indication that the kool-aid has worn off and you have a better view of reality.

    Until then ... hope you can start getting a better night's sleep.
    Ha ha ha.
    You're the best.

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,807

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    It seems that the majority opinion is shared by many.

    Robert you should take your battle to:

    http://www.inspectorsjournal.com/for...TOPIC_ID=20915

    "He didn't "take control". It was already dissolved, gone, dead. Nick just got some more letters from the alphabet."

    they need your help to see the light


  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    I am surprised they can even post about that stuff on that forum. I stay away from that board I suggest you do to Robert.


  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    It seems that the majority opinion is shared by many.

    Robert you should take your battle to:

    http://www.inspectorsjournal.com/for...TOPIC_ID=20915

    "He didn't "take control". It was already dissolved, gone, dead. Nick just got some more letters from the alphabet."

    they need your help to see the light
    Why would I?
    Records are easy to obtain posted on NACHI forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    I am surprised they can even post about that stuff on that forum. I stay away from that board I suggest you do to Robert.


    Second time there is seven years likely the last.
    I thought I would remove the Corporate Dissolution document.

    If anyone is interested, I download NAHI Notice of Corporate Dissolution filed OCT 6th 9:08 am.

    The next document I downloaded states: Colorado on 12/12.2016 @ 14:34:23
    CERTIFICATE OF FACT OF GOOD STANDING
    I, Wayne W. Williams, as the Secretary of State of the State of Colorado, hereby certify that, according to the records of this office,
    National Association of Home Inspectors, Inc.

    is a
    Nonprofit coorperation
    formed or registered on under the law of Colorado, has complied with all applicable requirements of this office, and is in good standing with this office. This entity has been assigned entity identification number.
    This certificate reflects facts established or disclosed by documents delivered to this office on paper through that have been posted, and by documents delivered to this office electronically through@ . I have affixed hereto the Great Seal of the State of Colorado and duly generated, executed, and issued this official certificate at Denver, Colorado onon 12/12.2016 @ 14:34:23 in accordance with applicable law.
    This certificate is assigned Confirmation Number.9969857

    Hope that helps Garry.

    Talk further Ray.

    Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 12-15-2016 at 03:20 PM. Reason: two birds with one stone.
    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Robert that reminds me.
    https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...nqO3ci89ppv08g
    Couldn't resist the link. I'm still laughing.



    Best,


  26. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,078

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    I thought I would remove the Corporate Dissolution document.
    Robert, by your own admission and posting, NAHI was dissolved.

    Next:
    If anyone is interested, I download NAHI Notice of Corporate Dissolution filed OCT 6th 9:08 am.

    The next document I downloaded states: Colorado on 12/12.2016 @ 14:34:23
    CERTIFICATE OF FACT OF GOOD STANDING
    I, Wayne W. Williams, as the Secretary of State of the State of Colorado, hereby certify that, according to the records of this office,
    National Association of Home Inspectors, Inc.

    is a
    Nonprofit coorperation
    formed or registered on under the law of Colorado, has complied with all applicable requirements of this office, and is in good standing with this office. This entity has been assigned entity identification number.
    This certificate reflects facts established or disclosed by documents delivered to this office on paper through that have been posted, and by documents delivered to this office electronically through@ . I have affixed hereto the Great Seal of the State of Colorado and duly generated, executed, and issued this official certificate at Denver, Colorado onon 12/12.2016 @ 14:34:23 in accordance with applicable law.
    This certificate is assigned Confirmation Number.9969857
    Robert, by your own admission and posting, a *NEW* NAHI was created - it was not the same NAHI that existed before, it is a *NEW* corporation. Nicky did not take NAHI over, he simply created a new corporation with the same name.

    Thus, by your own admission and postings, you have confirmed what we have been telling you - Nicky did not 'take over' NAHI, all he did was create a *NEW* corporation using that name.

    Thank you for coming to your senses and agreeing with the rest of us, and providing the document which proves it. GOOD JOB!

    Now, if only you will come to your senses and quit that we all see you doing, by the way, that does not in any way tenderize the meat for future use ... albeit Nicky will try to find a way to rename it into something new ... but DH has already been taken by Major League Baseball.

    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,505

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    I'm not sure I understand. I might need clarification.
    I thought NAHI went out of business, and ASHI accepted NAHI members.
    It appears that NAHI was restarted by Nick in December, and he is Executive Director.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this not a new organization that doesn't have any members yet? He just acquired the name?

    So is INACHI changing to NAHI? Where are the members coming from? Will there be NAHI again? Where are the members coming from?

    I'm confused.


  28. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,078

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    I'm not sure I understand. I might need clarification.
    I thought NAHI went out of business, and ASHI accepted NAHI members.
    It appears that NAHI was restarted by Nick in December, and he is Executive Director.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this not a new organization that doesn't have any members yet? He just acquired the name?

    So is INACHI changing to NAHI? Where are the members coming from? Will there be NAHI again? Where are the members coming from?

    I'm confused.
    Jack,

    You are not as confused as Robert is.

    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    I'm not sure I understand. I might need clarification.
    I thought NAHI went out of business, and ASHI accepted NAHI members.
    It appears that NAHI was restarted by Nick in December, and he is Executive Director.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this not a new organization that doesn't have any members yet? He just acquired the name?

    So is INACHI changing to NAHI? Where are the members coming from? Will there be NAHI again? Where are the members coming from?

    I'm confused.
    No. You have many of the components as to what transpired since NAHI's Corporate Dissolution.
    Thank you for your civility.

    NACHI absorbed many members as well Jack.
    All I can say is that things are being worked out that I am not privy to.
    Many NACHI members are asking questions as well.
    I thought I would be civil posting INACHI controls NAHI here but it appears many have deep rooted animosity.

    Hope that helps.
    Best regards.

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Windsor Ontario
    Posts
    374

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    I thought I would be civil posting INACHI controls NAHI here but it appears many have deep rooted animosity.

    Hope that helps.
    Best regards.
    No animosity, just people looking for FACTS! There's a huge difference. Some may present it to look like something it's not. Again just another case of "marketing". I believe the catch words here is about the confusion about "INACHI controls NAHI". How does one control something that has dissolved? As noted it was given a new life by another.

    The "facts" have been pretty well laid out here, several times by others. Simply only time will tell what Nick's true intentions are with NAHI. Similar statements have been made that never came to fruition about the demise of "this or that", or end of all other organizations, because "resistance is futile". Great catch phrase, but life still goes on in different sectors within the home inspection world.


  31. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,078

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    No. You have many of the components as to what transpired since NAHI's Corporate Dissolution.
    Thank you for your civility.

    NACHI absorbed many members as well Jack.
    All I can say is that things are being worked out that I am not privy to.
    Many NACHI members are asking questions as well.
    I thought I would be civil posting INACHI controls NAHI here but it appears many have deep rooted animosity.

    Hope that helps.
    Best regards.
    Robert,

    We are being civil, are you?

    The fact is that we are correct:
    - Fact #1: NAHI was dissolved and became non-existent.
    - Fact #2: Nick started a NEW corporation under that dissolved and extinct name.
    - Fact #3: Whether or not many NAHI members went to Nick's company of went elsewhere, they ceased to be NAHI members when NAHI was dissolved.
    - Fact #4: Whether or not they become members of the NEW NAHI, the only connection between Nick's NAHI and the old NAHI is in name only - which is what was said and what you disputed, then you offered proof that we were correct ... and I thanked you for that ... and you consider that as not being civil?



    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Robert,

    We are being civil, are you?

    The fact is that we are correct:
    - Fact #1: NAHI was dissolved and became non-existent.
    - Fact #2: Nick started a NEW corporation under that dissolved and extinct name.
    - Fact #3: Whether or not many NAHI members went to Nick's company of went elsewhere, they ceased to be NAHI members when NAHI was dissolved.
    - Fact #4: Whether or not they become members of the NEW NAHI, the only connection between Nick's NAHI and the old NAHI is in name only - which is what was said and what you disputed, then you offered proof that we were correct ... and I thanked you for that ... and you consider that as not being civil?


    I will stand corrected by explaining.
    A: InterNACHI has now taken control of the NAHI name.
    B: Nick Gromicko accepted the position of Executive Director at NAHI.
    Hope that helps.

    Post #2. Please correct me if I am wrong, but since it seems that NAHI dissolved, would this simply be a takeover of name only?
    If all they were after was a name, then let's see how it all unfolds.

    Civility; Post #8. November 1978 Jonestown deaths. Post #11. Post #12. Post #20.November 1978 Jonestown deaths. Post # 22. A very unreliable forum. Not saying all forums are reliable.

    1: Nick acquired a corporate name.
    2: What will be built is/has yet to be discovered.
    3: As a businessman, I can suspect marketing will levered.

    Evidence would help facts.

    The title of the thread came from InterNACHI.
    I thought it would provide information.

    Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 12-15-2016 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Tired.
    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Robert,

    I want you to know that my post and link were not meant as a put down of you or the info, more of a humorous endeavour.

    Personally speaking I do not have an issue with NAHI and Nicks grand vision. Thank you for posting it, and thank you for the explanations. You should know every association has it's faults and how they have disseminated info over the years. We have seen several Canadian Assoc. distort facts over the years. They all have their skeletons, and it all comes down from the top.

    I have known Nick a long time, and can say that whatever he has done with NAHI there is a motive behind it. Got to give Nick credit he is not stupid.

    Hypocrisy alive and well by associations who have their own nests to feather. You know what I speak of because you have seen it first hand over the years.

    Anyway its a free board and I wish you the best.

    Now back to you.

    Seasons greetings Robert!


  34. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Robert,

    I want you to know that my post and link were not meant as a put down of you or the info, more of a humorous endeavour.
    Ray, the facts is the facts because they are the facts, because the facts is just that, the facts.
    I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. Poor Chretien.
    Me thinks another BOD used the same defence during an argument we were having.
    Methinks Evidence would be somewhat more useful..

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Personally speaking I do not have an issue with NAHI and Nicks grand vision. Thank you for posting it, and thank you for the explanations. You should know every association has it's faults and how they have disseminated info over the years. We have seen several Canadian Assoc. distort facts over the years. They all have their skeletons, and it all comes down from the top.!
    There is a vision and that you can be sure of.
    I concur. I have watched 2 associations establish in my short 7 years in the industry as a certified home inspector asking questions. One defunct association should have succeeded. It appears their BOD professionalism was firmly established. The unique lever to lobbying may have worked.
    Never heard anything verbally from George Luck again on the MB.
    Remember what triggered his demise was Ray?
    I tried to defend him as best as I could.
    They went after George to discredit him with both barrels. I can still remember which particular canadian members. You were at NACHI then Ray. You remember Claude? I certainly do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    I have known Nick a long time, and can say that whatever he has done with NAHI there is a motive behind it. Got to give Nick credit he is not stupid. !
    I bet you do. You and Roy go back a long way.
    As for Nick Gromicko intellectual abilities, Clude there are no short cuts!
    My god when I hear teachers matra's I drop to my knees wondering when will a real and fair education platform make its way into the mainstream educational system.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Hypocrisy alive and well by associations who have their own nests to feather. You know what I speak of because you have seen it first hand over the years.!
    Nesting feathers, seen it all my working life. By any other name it's corrupts. But a blind eye is turned because it successfully pays tax dollars and has a lawyer. Eventually it straightens out or comes to a short demise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Anyway its a free board and I wish you the best.

    Now back to you.

    Seasons greetings Robert!
    Facts, is the facts, ha ha ha...
    Not a free expression MB Ray, There are rules and a moderator remember.

    Seasons greetings Ray. Gob bless as always friend.

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Windsor Ontario
    Posts
    374

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Thanks Ray, your comment is right on!

    "You should know every association has it's faults and how they have disseminated info over the years. We have seen several Canadian Assoc. distort facts over the years. They all have their skeletons, and it all comes down from the top."

    The reasons why association came to their demise is often unknown. The reasons why certain people choose to embellish certain events is also to as some say is likely a "feather in their own nest". At the same time one only look at the long list of people that have come and gone from high regard within certain associations to realize that there's more to some associations than hype and a litany of broken promises.

    Regarding recent comments directed at me by Robert, I still question your motives. You have a habit of making accusations and than long list of apologies after the fact. So I find it difficult to believe your sincerity with any apology. Just saying...

    But nonetheless, I still wish one and all good will and good health over the coming "Christ"mas Season, regardless of your beliefs.


  36. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Glad we sorted that out!

    Seasons Greetings to all!


  37. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,078

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Glad we sorted that out!

    Seasons Greetings to all!
    And a Happy Hanukkah (spelling changes by area, and which happens to start on Christmas Day this year), Happy Kwanzaa, and a Happy New Year ... did I leave anyone out?

    Saying ... "Christ"mas Season, regardless of your beliefs ... seems disingenuous as one is 'highlighting "their" beliefs' over those of others, then adding in 'oh, yeah, by the way' regardless of whether or not you believe the same way ... just seems to out of place in the season for peace and tranquility everyone is wishing for everyone else ... are are they really wising peace and tranquility for everyone else?

    Always pondering the ponderables, it comes with the territory or pondering whatever you see (inspecting).

    Cheers to all!


    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Claude Lawrenson View Post
    Thanks Ray, your comment is right on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Claude Lawrenson View Post
    Regarding recent comments directed at me by Robert, I still question your motives. You have a habit of making accusations and than long list of apologies after the fact. So I find it difficult to believe your sincerity with any apology. Just saying...
    I only know one perfect being. His birthday many will celebrate.
    Claude, you are mistaken in you short description of the word and its meaning. There are 6 Kinds of Apology.
    Evidence. 1: Apologizing to Appease. 2: Apologizing on Demand. 3: Apologizing without Apologizing. To which many have earned this distinction. 4: Apologizing from Guilt.(Rarely if ever admitted to among home inspectors. 5: Apologizing to be Polite. 6: Apologizing from Love.
    One of the BOD at an association I belong to had the same misunderstanding of the word and all meanings related to...
    Sorry you misunderstood, and the list for number (4) is very short by the way. twice.
    so I hope I have explained in a way I am capable of doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Claude Lawrenson View Post
    But nonetheless, I still wish one and all good will and good health over the coming "Christ"mas Season, regardless of your beliefs.
    As we all should.
    Merry Christmas Claude Lawrenson.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    And a Happy Hanukkah (spelling changes by area, and which happens to start on Christmas Day this year), Happy Kwanzaa, and a Happy New Year ... did I leave anyone out?

    Saying ... "Christ"mas Season, regardless of your beliefs ... seems disingenuous as one is 'highlighting "their" beliefs' over those of others, then adding in 'oh, yeah, by the way' regardless of whether or not you believe the same way ... just seems to out of place in the season for peace and tranquility everyone is wishing for everyone else ... are are they really wising peace and tranquility for everyone else?

    Always pondering the ponderables, it comes with the territory or pondering whatever you see (inspecting).

    Cheers to all!
    You're the best at pondering the ponderables and all meaning within.
    Cheers mate!

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Windsor Ontario
    Posts
    374

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    And a Happy Hanukkah (spelling changes by area, and which happens to start on Christmas Day this year), Happy Kwanzaa, and a Happy New Year ... did I leave anyone out?

    Saying ... "Christ"mas Season, regardless of your beliefs ... seems disingenuous as one is 'highlighting "their" beliefs' over those of others, then adding in 'oh, yeah, by the way' regardless of whether or not you believe the same way ... just seems to out of place in the season for peace and tranquility everyone is wishing for everyone else ... are are they really wising peace and tranquility for everyone else?

    Always pondering the ponderables, it comes with the territory or pondering whatever you see (inspecting).

    Cheers to all!
    Thank you Jerry - one and all; no ill will intended, including political or religious statements or beliefs.
    Agreed...and certainly good cheers!


  40. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,807

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Robert, I take umbrage with your concept of "civility".

    Several members have pointed out your lack of being objective and taking a blind faith stance about you home "organization". You portray any questioning as "animosity" toward that organization. When in fact it is only holding that organization up to the light of truth and actual fact, by not accepting a statement with "blind Faith".

    The reference to you and the drinking of Kool Aide is not an issue of not being civil but one of making a poignant example that is clear to many. Your perception only reaffirms the point.

    In reference to what was an attempt of humor (post# 20) your retort is to insult another forum as "very unreliable" when in fact it is one that is very reliable, professional with members that are experts in the field. The fact that they monitor the forum and might not allow you to expound without fact or knowledge creating a skewed version of a topic is not to their detriment. Just that they may think it is a wast of time for it to be allowed.

    I thought that it was interesting that the Journal forum's 2nd post was exactly the same question that was raised in this forum. Which here you went on to argue until you made the final factual argument against yourself and that you stood corrected.

    I am drawn to believe that you are the one that holds animosity to those that will not blindly follow along with you position. That by questioning your organization (association) they are preforming heresy to your base beliefs in that organization.

    Please do not redefine dissent by those not accepting a statement as being uncivil or having animosity when they makes a valid point. A little retrospect at times is invaluable.

    I think that I have tenderize that poor horse to the point that the French will love it


    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    I will stand corrected by explaining.
    A: InterNACHI has now taken control of the NAHI name.
    B: Nick Gromicko accepted the position of Executive Director at NAHI.
    Hope that helps.....

    Civility; Post #8. November 1978 Jonestown deaths. Post #11. Post #12. Post #20.November 1978 Jonestown deaths. Post # 22. A very unreliable forum. Not saying all forums are reliable.

    1: Nick acquired a corporate name.
    2: What will be built is/has yet to be discovered.
    3: As a businessman, I can suspect marketing will levered.

    Evidence would help facts.

    The title of the thread came from InterNACHI.
    I thought it would provide information.



  41. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Well its nice to see the thought police out in force. Glad political correctness has creeped into this forum.

    Merry Christmas.


  42. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,078

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Well its nice to see the thought police out in force. Glad political correctness has creeped into this forum.

    Merry Christmas.
    I suspect that it is more of a civil respect for others than "political correctness" ... unless one must be "politically correct" to be civil and respect others beliefs as one respect their own beliefs ... if respecting your beliefs over others is the point, then may your christmas season be very commercial and full of spending and buying gifts - the economy still needs it.

    Cheers!

    Happy Holidays To ALL!

    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  43. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,807

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Well its nice to see the thought police out in force. Glad political correctness has creeped into this forum.

    Merry Christmas.
    If directed at myself, then yes I would police the concept that prevents thought and fact over incorrect and unsubstantiated rhetoric.

    Further, I would have to say that I am by nature one of the least political correct persons, yet I know how to play nice with others no mater how wrong they may be.

    Nollaig Shona Dhuit.


  44. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Prescott, AZ
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    I've been around a long time. It sounds funny to hear someone 'defending his association' when I remember Nick saying worse things about my association and friends (and me). Much worse, including personal attacks, and for a long time. When I was President of a local chapter we started a 'master inspector' program. I got a letter from Nick stating he had trademarked 'master inspector' and we could not use that name or phrase and we would be sued if we did not remove it from our website immediately. I read the letter at the next BOD meeting and we unanimously agreed to ignore it. Nick also threatened to sue my state and regulatory agency. There are many other facts that I know firsthand, and some that I've heard or read but tend to believe.

    That was some years ago (when it was still nachi) and I don't pay any attention to inachi, so maybe he's mellowed over the years. I don't dislike nachi or it's members. But, imho, many of the negative feelings towards Nick he brought on himself. And that's a problem with a monarchy. Nobody remembers who was President of ashi or nahi 10 years ago. And if you don't like the president or the actions of the current BOD, you can vote for people that will change things.

    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. (Thomas Edison)

  45. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,807

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Went for a look across the internet and it seems that nick's members are posting the same statement and link as OP with the same result as here.

    Man takes name and declares himself " El Jefe ". Just a bit humerus all of the way around.


  46. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    Robert, I take umbrage with your concept of "civility".

    Several members have pointed out your lack of being objective and taking a blind faith stance about you home "organization". You portray any questioning as "animosity" toward that organization. When in fact it is only holding that organization up to the light of truth and actual fact, by not accepting a statement with "blind Faith".

    The reference to you and the drinking of Kool Aide is not an issue of not being civil but one of making a poignant example that is clear to many. Your perception only reaffirms the point.

    In reference to what was an attempt of humor (post# 20) your retort is to insult another forum as "very unreliable" when in fact it is one that is very reliable, professional with members that are experts in the field. The fact that they monitor the forum and might not allow you to expound without fact or knowledge creating a skewed version of a topic is not to their detriment. Just that they may think it is a wast of time for it to be allowed.

    I thought that it was interesting that the Journal forum's 2nd post was exactly the same question that was raised in this forum. Which here you went on to argue until you made the final factual argument against yourself and that you stood corrected.

    I am drawn to believe that you are the one that holds animosity to those that will not blindly follow along with you position. That by questioning your organization (association) they are preforming heresy to your base beliefs in that organization.

    Please do not redefine dissent by those not accepting a statement as being uncivil or having animosity when they makes a valid point. A little retrospect at times is invaluable.

    I think that I have tenderize that poor horse to the point that the French will love it
    Garry, with all due respect. The idiom drinking kool aid refers to any person or group who knowingly goes along with a doomed or dangerous idea because of peer pressure.

    I never said I have a blind faith. I object vigorously when lines are crossed.

    As for redefining dissent. What I posted was from official documents.

    You are correct about my anonymity though.
    Individuals have a way of entering into the political arena to voice a concern of Political correctness to the "elected hierarchy."
    Our past federal governing conservatives marketed themselves as Stephen Harper's Government.

    Sorry if I appears to all that I am enigma.
    I will try to refrain from posting inflammatory information. Just tell me other issues that offend and I will quite posting.

    Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 12-16-2016 at 06:02 PM. Reason: typo
    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  47. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,807

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Robert, Using Wikipedia may not be your best source for definitions or understanding the lower 48 use of English.

    To drink the kool aid is to demonstrate blind obedience.

    You do not have to say you have blind faith, your expressions demonstrate it. Where by you attribute any challenge as hostile and filled with animosity , when in fact it is about perspective.

    Dissent was referring to you equating it to being uncivil.

    You completely lost me about your "anonymity", don't know where that is coming from.

    You do not appear to be an "enigma", sadly just one that seems not to get the point.

    Finally you may be to tightly wound (((referring to a spring))) when it comes to Canadian politics and the HI licensing issues.

    As they say"with all due respect".


  48. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Garry, what makes you think I used Wikki?
    I have not by they way.

    As for English, there are over 32 dialects besides America's "General American"
    I have been educated under 3 of the 32 English dialects by teacher and college professors.
    As for formal education, I have been working since the age of 15 due to necessity, self educating, and enrolling in formal education when I made the time.

    I was referring to the documents I provided.

    My animosity comes from individuals that think others should follow them with blind faith drinking their Kool aid.
    Guess we concur on that idea.

    As to being tightly wound, "as a spring." It's called passion.

    InterNACHI is worldwide organisation operating in over 65 countries, if I am not mistaken.
    Operations in Canada hold the second largest membership. Again, if I am not mistaken.
    What InterNACHI is doing with NAHI will be revealed all in due time.
    I posted this industry news to keep others current.

    I will pose a question to all willing to think openly. Why does InterNACHI do so well?
    From what I have seen, astute individuals will pay top dollar, if they have to, enrolling their children or themselves into the best educational systems which in turn reinvest in their educational system.
    You can call yourself the best, but the proof is in enrolment numbers, or lack there of, and how governments look at you.

    Best regards Garry.
    Happy holidays.

    Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 12-17-2016 at 04:18 AM.
    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  49. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,807

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Robert, The lady doth protest too much, methinks. (Hamlet)

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    Garry, with all due respect. The idiom drinking kool aid refers to any person or group who knowingly goes along with a doomed or dangerous idea because of peer pressure...............
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    Garry, what makes you think I used Wikki?
    I have not by they way..............

    Seeing is believing except in marketing.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid
    "Drinking the Kool-Aid

    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    For the Veronica Mars episode, see Drinking the Kool-Aid (Veronica Mars).
    "Drinking the Kool-Aid" is an idiom which is a figure of speech commonly used in the United States of America that refers to any person or group who knowingly goes along with a doomed or dangerous idea because of peer pressure."

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid

    Kala Hristouyienna Robert


  50. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    Robert, The lady doth protest too much, methinks. (Hamlet)






    Seeing is believing except in marketing.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid
    "Drinking the Kool-Aid

    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    For the Veronica Mars episode, see Drinking the Kool-Aid (Veronica Mars).
    "Drinking the Kool-Aid" is an idiom which is a figure of speech commonly used in the United States of America that refers to any person or group who knowingly goes along with a doomed or dangerous idea because of peer pressure."

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid

    Kala Hristouyienna Robert
    I will try to find where I received the meaning.
    As for civility, I do not think it proper to suggest that saying openly.

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  51. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Now I remember where I found that very offence quote.
    Have you ever been at work and wanted to recommend a different way of doing something or simply wanted to express that the current leadership is headed in the wrong direction?
    Watching Adams

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  52. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,078

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    My animosity comes from individuals that think others should follow them with blind faith drinking their Kool aid.
    Sooo ... you have animosity toward Nick?

    What InterNACHI is doing with NAHI will be revealed all in due time.


    First, this, Nick is not "doing anything" with NAHI. Face it, Robert, NAHI ... WAS DISSOLVED ... NAHI CEASED TO EXIST ... Nick started up a NEW NAHI and whatever he does has nothing to do with NAHI, what he has is a new company which he named NAHI.

    Robert, it is misinformation and untruths such as that which you try to sneak in as factual, yet are surprised and frustrated, even angry, when those misinformation and untruth statements are pointed out ... which leads to the apparent 'drinking the kool aid' comments because you either make up ... or repeat ... those untruths and misinformation statements as those they are facts.

    You really do need to grasp what you are talking about from another perspective, not from a 'I believe Nick is the best and everything he says and does is gospel and truth' point of view.

    I will pose a question to all willing to think openly. Why does InterNACHI do so well?

    The same thing which Walmart does so well - reaches for the bottom and serves it up. What do you think makes Walmart such a large worldwide company - the way it treats its workers, the way it treats its vendors, what?

    At least Walmart advertises what it does so well another 'price rollback': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4S1cCGwA2Y

    THAT is what makes Walmart what Walmart is.

    You can call yourself the best, but the proof is in enrolment numbers, or lack there of, and how governments look at you.
    ENROLLMENT NUMBERS ... IS NOT ... any indicator of "best" .. enrollment numbers are usually an indicator of 'cheap to get in' ... consider the enrollment numbers of public schools versus the enrollment numbers of those expensive private schools you touted - the enrollment in just one large public school district will far exceed the combined total of all those expensive schools.

    You really need to think about what you say in your posts and what you say about responses to your posts.

    Robert - even though I am having difficulty opening your eyes ...

    ... Have a Happy Holidays.

    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  53. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,807

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    Robert, The lady doth protest too much, methinks. (Hamlet)

    "Drinking the Kool-Aid
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    For the Veronica Mars episode, see Drinking the Kool-Aid (Veronica Mars).
    "Drinking the Kool-Aid" is an idiom which is a figure of speech commonly used in the United States of America that refers to any person or group who knowingly goes along with a doomed or dangerous idea because of peer pressure."

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    I will try to find where I received the meaning.
    As for civility, I do not think it proper to suggest that saying openly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    Now I remember where I found that very offence quote.
    Have you ever been at work and wanted to recommend a different way of doing something or simply wanted to express that the current leadership is headed in the wrong direction?
    Watching Adams

    Robert,
    It seem that you pay no attention to the sources of your information evident in your attention to the source you supplied and the author's own citing of the a source, Wikipedia. Where the citation of source link in the article you provided takes you right back to the one I noted you used Wikipedia. Which like so many things in Wikipedia are wrong. The definition has been inflated past it's original meaning and altered. Being old enough to have been there at the time of the defining moment and seeing all that unfolded on TV and the media, I do have first hand knowledge. Peer pressure came by way of those holding the guns on those that saw the light and had lost their blind faith.

    Watching Adams
    https://watchingadams.org/commentary...f-the-problem/

    "“Drinking the Kool-Aid” is a figure of speech that refers to a person or group holding an unquestioned belief, argument, or philosophy without critical examination. It could also refer to knowingly going along with a doomed or dangerous idea because of peer pressure. It can also be used ironically or humorously to refer to accepting an idea or changing a preference due to popularity, peer pressure, or persuasion… The phrase derives from the November 1978 Jonestown deaths, in which over 900 members of the Peoples Temple, who were followers of Jim Jones, died, many of whom committed suicide by drinking a mixture of a powdered soft drink flavoring agent laced with cyanide (with the remainder, including 89 infants and elderly, killed by forced ingestion of the poison).” – Wikipedia "


    Last edited by Garry Sorrells; 12-17-2016 at 11:05 AM.

  54. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,078

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Garry,

    You and I probably just need to allow Robert to rant and us not respond to his rants ... we have lead the horse to the water ... the horse has refused to drink the water (too much kool aid already?) ... and I think we may have drowned the horse in trying to get it to drink the water ... leaving us .

    Robert is a lost cause, at least until he comes out of the haze and his eyes can see more clearly. 'Tis a shame - we just need to sit back and grab some .



    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  55. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,807

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    This why I have little respect for most of Wikipedia.

    In Robert's use of a definition that was from an article that cited the source as Wikipedia, you can then find Wikipedia's cited source which is from a teleplay in 2004.


    "Veronica Mars is an American teen noir mystery drama television series created by screenwriter Rob Thomas "
    "the title character, a high-school student moonlighting as a private investigator under the wing of her detective father"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veronica_Mars


    "Drinking the Kool-Aid (Veronica Mars)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedi


    "Drinking the Kool-Aid" is the ninth episode of the first season of the American mystery television series Veronica Mars. The episode's teleplay was written by Russell Smith, from a story by series creator Rob Thomas, and was directed by Marcos Siega, the episode premiered on UPN on November 30, 2004."

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinki...Veronica_Mars)


    Sadly this is what some people use to grasp the understanding of things and they have no idea that it is just pure crap. But of course if you fin it on the internet it must be true.

    Just to recap a definition that originates from a TV series. And you wonder why there is so much mush in so many heads and where it comes from.


  56. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Who cares?

    Try some Egg Nog, its much better than Kool Aid.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggnog


  57. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,078

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Who cares?

    Try some Egg Nog, its much better than Kool Aid.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggnog
    Ahh ... but which type of eggnog?

    From wikipedia's first reference:
    The Modern Bartender's Guide (1878), however, distinguishes "plain egg nog", "egg milk punch", and "milk punch" from one another, and also includes "Baltimore egg nog", "General Jackson egg nog", "imperial egg nog", and two types of "sherry cobbler egg nog", as well as "sherry cobbler with egg", "mulled claret with egg", "egg sour", and "Saratoga egg lemonade" (also called "sea breeze"). The Modern Bartender's Guide. New York: Excelsior Publishing House. 1878.

    Did you get your yet ... there are still a couple of seats left.

    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  58. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,807

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Post#32
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    .......
    Civility; Post #8. November 1978 Jonestown deaths. Post #11. Post #12. Post #20.November 1978 Jonestown deaths. Post # 22. A very unreliable forum. Not saying all forums are reliable.

    ................
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Garry,

    You and I probably just need to allow Robert to rant and us not respond to his rants ... we have lead the horse to the water ... the horse has refused to drink the water (too much kool aid already?) ... and I think we may have drowned the horse in trying to get it to drink the water ... leaving us .

    Robert is a lost cause, at least until he comes out of the haze and his eyes can see more clearly. 'Tis a shame - we just need to sit back and grab some .

    Jerry,
    His post#32 is what made me dig my heals in. To often we all just let things slide rather than take it to task. The saying "to drink the Kool Aid" has a very poignant purpose. You could use Zealot, but many would just not make the correct connection of the term.

    Robert's "civility" comment was something I would not pass over. Then the reference to " Post # 22. A very unreliable forum" was the catalyst for what followed.

    Granted at times it is like we are discussing the color blue with a blind man who has his own fixed concept of blue that can not be changed no mater what you hold up in front of him.

    I have had the opportunity (many decades ago) to sit in a small town hardware store that actually had a pot belly stove and a barrel of peanuts, where the locals would come and sit and discuss different topics. The topics covered the gamete of interests and at times would go from the sublime to the ridiculous. When this type of thread develops it just reminds me of the old guys sitting around the stove eating peanuts and arguing about the ridiculous things of no real importance.


    Joyeux Noël!


  59. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    Post#32



    Jerry,
    His post#32 is what made me dig my heals in. To often we all just let things slide rather than take it to task. The saying "to drink the Kool Aid" has a very poignant purpose. You could use Zealot, but many would just not make the correct connection of the term.

    Robert's "civility" comment was something I would not pass over. Then the reference to " Post # 22. A very unreliable forum" was the catalyst for what followed.

    Granted at times it is like we are discussing the color blue with a blind man who has his own fixed concept of blue that can not be changed no mater what you hold up in front of him.

    I have had the opportunity (many decades ago) to sit in a small town hardware store that actually had a pot belly stove and a barrel of peanuts, where the locals would come and sit and discuss different topics. The topics covered the gamete of interests and at times would go from the sublime to the ridiculous. When this type of thread develops it just reminds me of the old guys sitting around the stove eating peanuts and arguing about the ridiculous things of no real importance.


    Joyeux Noël!
    I concur.
    I thought I would provide some information.
    Relevance is up to the individual.

    Last edited by ROBERT YOUNG; 12-17-2016 at 12:44 PM.
    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  60. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,078

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    I thought I would provide some information.
    Relevance is up to the individual.
    Garry,

    We are indeed discussing the color blue with the blind man.

    "Relevance" has nothing to do with misleading and untrue information, or, to say it differently, misleading and untrue information is not relevant to anything.

    "INACHI controls NAHI"

    There is no more "NAHI" to be controlled by anyone. There may be a new company started by Nick which he named 'NAHI', and he may control it, but to state in the title of this thread that Nick controls NAHI is misleading and untrue.

    Now, if the blind man had said 'Nick started a new company which he calls NAHI', then there would be nothing to discuss - Nick can do whatever he wants with his own company ... except maybe call it NAHI ... but that's a different discussion for a different day and for a different forum ... if you get what I am referring to ... and I'm not going there here.

    So, just keep the coming and enjoy the theatrical experience sequel called 'Pay No Attention To That Man Behind The Curtain' ... we all know who that man is, and he is a great actor.

    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  61. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,807

    Default Re: INACHI controls NAHI

    After reading through the nachi thread by nick, it would seem that it was all about coveting the ability to call themselves NAHI instead of nachi or internachi. Where it seems that they feel that the marketing under NAHI has more value than internachi or nachi.


    By George I think I have it sorted out.

    Nick goes to nick to ask nick if nick would be the Executive Director of NAHI, where nick pleads with nick to accept. Then in a magnanimous gesture nick accept the position from nick and nick takes on the mantel of Executive Director. Then proclaims that all of nicks members will be members of Executive Director nick's membership. This makes nick happy that he can call himself a member of NAHI.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •