Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    chris mcintyre's Avatar
    chris mcintyre Guest

    Default I have no choice but to ask.

    OK, when you use the same quote from someone multiple times in a reply, how do you get their name to show up in each quote.

    I have tried everything (except what works), I did not want to ask but I can not figure it out.

    Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral SOC

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,251

    Default Re: I have no choice but to ask.

    Quote Originally Posted by chris mcintyre View Post
    OK, when you use the same quote from someone multiple times in a reply, how do you get their name to show up in each quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mcintyre View Post
    I have tried everything (except what works), I did not want to ask but I can not figure it out.

    You mean like that?

    When you type the [ / quote ] to end the previous quote, then the [ quote ] to begin the next quote, just type in [ quote = chris mcintyre] ... leaving out the extra spaces, of course.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  3. #3
    chris mcintyre's Avatar
    chris mcintyre Guest

    Default Re: I have no choice but to ask.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    You mean like that?

    When you type the [ / quote ] to end the previous quote, then the [ quote ] to begin the next quote, just type in [ quote = chris mcintyre] ... leaving out the extra spaces, of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    leaving out the extra spaces, of course.
    Is this it?

    Edit:
    I'll be darned, Thanks Jerry, that was a lot easier than the 100 other ways I wasted my time trying!

    Last edited by chris mcintyre; 04-25-2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: It worked

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,217

    Default Re: I have no choice but to ask.

    Another way is to copy the entire quote to your clipboard. (Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C is one way. Another way is to drag your cursor over the entire quote to highlight it and press Ctrl-C. Still another way is to click Edir and Select All then Edit and Copy. Or you can use any combination of the above.)

    Next edit the quote by deleting those portions not needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by chris mcintyre View Post
    OK, when you use the same quote from someone multiple times in a reply, how do you get their name to show up in each quote.
    Next paste the quote from your clipboard. (Ctrl-V, Edit and Paste, etc.) Again edit the quote leaving only those portions you wish to remain.

    Quote Originally Posted by chris mcintyre View Post
    I have tried everything (except what works), I did not want to ask but I can not figure it out.


    "Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

  5. #5
    chris mcintyre's Avatar
    chris mcintyre Guest

    Default Re: I have no choice but to ask.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Breedlove View Post
    Another way is to copy the entire quote to your clipboard. (Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C is one way. Another way is to drag your cursor over the entire quote to highlight it and press Ctrl-C. Still another way is to click Edir and Select All then Edit and Copy. Or you can use any combination of the above.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Breedlove View Post
    Next edit the quote by deleting those portions not
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Breedlove View Post

    Next paste the quote from your clipboard. (Ctrl-V, Edit and Paste, etc.) Again edit the quote leaving only those portions you wish to remain.
    Testing...

    Edit:
    I'll be darned again.:-)

    Last edited by chris mcintyre; 04-26-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: it worked again

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: I have no choice but to ask.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    .

    You mean like that?
    .......
    .
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by When you type the [ / quote
    to end the previous quote, then the [ quote ] to begin the next quote, just type in [ quote = chris mcintyre] ... leaving out the extra spaces, of course.
    .
    Or You can not type in the name just the Symbols ( if You don't want Their Name in each box.
    .
    .

    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southern Vancouver Island
    Posts
    4,549

    Default Re: I have no choice but to ask.

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    .......
    .
    .

    .
    Or You can not type in the name just the Symbols ( if You don't want Their Name in each box.
    .
    .
    Or..... you can highlight the part between the [ and ] , Copy and Paste. Saves typing.

    John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •