Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Return air and fireplace
08-20-2011, 05:57 PM #1
Return air and fireplace
We have 1000's of townhouses built 25 years ago with the HVAC return less than 10' from wood burning firepleces. All of these homes are on slabs. How is this permitted?
08-22-2011, 07:57 AM #2
Re: Return air and fireplace
- Wasn't on original Plan so AHJ didn't catch it under Plan review
- One or the other was installed after the AHJ came through
- AHJ is a hack and never actually walked into any of the properties
- AHJ inspector is independent contractor who gets paid per stop
- Maybe the AHJ gave them an exception because the fireplace is recessed
Who knows, take your pic. I'm never surprised by what the AHJ doesn't write up.
"The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"