Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Raghav Singh's Avatar
    Raghav Singh Guest

    Default Pls Diregard/ Duplicate Post

    I accidentally posted the same post twice, did not know how to delete. Sorry for the inconvinience

    Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Raghav Singh; 10-27-2011 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Accidentally posted twice
    Inspection Referral

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,252

    Default Re: Pls Disregard/ Duplicate Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Raghav Singh View Post
    I accidentally posted the same post twice, did not know how to delete. Sorry for the inconvinience
    Click on your 'edit' button, then when that screen opens, click on 'delete'.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  3. #3
    Raghav Singh's Avatar
    Raghav Singh Guest

    Default Re: Pls Disregard/ Duplicate Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Click on your 'edit' button, then when that screen opens, click on 'delete'.
    That works for deleting reply posts (even in my own threads) but that option does not come up when it comes to editing the first post on a thread which I have started.

    I don't think "original" posts can be deleted , except by an admin.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,252

    Default Re: Pls Disregard/ Duplicate Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Raghav Singh View Post
    That works for deleting reply posts (even in my own threads) but that option does not come up when it comes to editing the first post on a thread which I have started.

    I don't think "original" posts can be deleted , except by an admin.
    Try to delete it again, others have done it.

    Keep in mind that when you "delete" a post you are not actually deleting "the post", you are only deleting "the content" within the post, the post itself will remain and say "deleted by" under it, so when you delete your post you can just type in "duplicate".

    When you delete your posts we can each go back and delete our other posts here. We'll have an entire thread of deleted posts.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  5. #5
    Raghav Singh's Avatar
    Raghav Singh Guest

    Default Re: Pls Disregard/ Duplicate Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Try to delete it again, others have done it.

    Keep in mind that when you "delete" a post you are not actually deleting "the post", you are only deleting "the content" within the post, the post itself will remain and say "deleted by" under it, so when you delete your post you can just type in "duplicate".

    When you delete your posts we can each go back and delete our other posts here. We'll have an entire thread of deleted posts.
    That would be interesting, I'll give it a try


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •