Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    10

    Default Help finding age of Fraser Johnston Furnace

    Hi All -

    Can anyone help me determine the age of this Fraser Johnston Furnace? The serial number formats I have looked at do not match this one. Serial #: A140029 . Please see attached pic of Data Plate. Thank you for your help.

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,340

    Default Re: Help finding age of Fraser Johnston Furnace

    That brand was absorbed by York in '78 or '79, so that appliance is at least that old.

    Time to upgrade.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Help finding age of Fraser Johnston Furnace

    Thank you Dom for the reply. That helps me a lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    That brand was absorbed by York in '78 or '79, so that appliance is at least that old.

    Time to upgrade.



  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. George, UT
    Posts
    217

    Default Re: Help finding age of Fraser Johnston Furnace

    From all the sources I've found, the SN format must be prior to 1971. How does that add up with regard to the age of the home?


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Holladay, UT
    Posts
    565

    Default Re: Help finding age of Fraser Johnston Furnace

    What is the age of house? The A at beginning could indicate 1971.

    Tom Rees / A Closer Look Home Inspection / Salt Lake City, Utah

  6. #6

    Default Re: Help finding age of Fraser Johnston Furnace

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mantecon View Post
    Hi All -

    Can anyone help me determine the age of this Fraser Johnston Furnace? The serial number formats I have looked at do not match this one. Serial #: A140029 . Please see attached pic of Data Plate. Thank you for your help.
    Hi Scott,
    You may have looked at this site already: manufacture or age of a FRASER JOHNSTON® furnace or other FRASER JOHNSTON® HVAC unit | Building Intelligence Center

    This serial number does not show up but they can assist you further if you request it. I use this site constantly to find the age of furnaces and HWH's. Good luck.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South-West Michigan
    Posts
    469

    Exclamation Re: Help finding age of Fraser Johnston Furnace

    See my post on the other thread you started for this. It's likely a 1971.

    Randall Aldering GHI BAOM MSM
    Housesmithe Inspection
    www.housesmithe.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Help finding age of Fraser Johnston Furnace

    Thanks everyone. The house is early 70's. I appreciate all the help.


    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Morrison View Post
    From all the sources I've found, the SN format must be prior to 1971. How does that add up with regard to the age of the home?



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Help finding age of Fraser Johnston Furnace

    Checking under Unitary Products Group (York), if third letter in Model Number is C, it was manufactured in 1973.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •