Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: My new house

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,365

    Default My new house

    So, we had a pretty good year in 2013 and I've been looking around..... I think I found something. I called the agent and they said it just needs a little TLC. She said I really must see the inside to fully appreciate it. Anyhow, what do you think?

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    F.I.R.E. Services

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    2,303

    Default Re: My new house

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fellman View Post
    So, we had a pretty good year in 2013 and I've been looking around..... I think I found something. I called the agent and they said it just needs a little TLC. She said I really must see the inside to fully appreciate it. Anyhow, what do you think?
    Ah, the blue roof district.

    So what would you do if you showed up for an inspection at something like this? Flat NO? No with an explanation? Ok, but this is going to cost!

    The beatings will continue until morale has improved. mgt.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,245

    Default Re: My new house

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern Heiler View Post
    Ah, the blue roof district.

    So what would you do if you showed up for an inspection at something like this? Flat NO? No with an explanation? Ok, but this is going to cost!
    That's not even a one pager report - that's a one paragraph report: Arrived at specified inspection location, no habitable structure found, did find a structure in process of self-demolition - Recommendation is to assist the structure with its self-demolition for the benefit and best interests of all involved, there are two ways to accomplish this: a) bring in several dumpsters and a Caterpillar D9; b) invite the local fire department over for a pratice burn.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southern Vancouver Island
    Posts
    4,546

    Default Re: My new house

    Pic 1, that balcony needs a railing and the ladder needs a handrail.
    On the left, is that a chimney or a lightning rod?
    Did they save a receipt for the tarp, maybe see if there's a warranty?

    Pic 2, are the yard ornaments included? Do you think there might be rodents in there?

    John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Posts
    2,478

    Default Re: My new house

    Matt,

    Your information is faulty. My house is NOT for sale! Your derogatory comments are not appreciated. It has good bones...

    Department of Redundancy Department
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,365

    Default Re: My new house

    The strange thing to me was the newer, somewhat expensive cars in the driveway. I'm thinking that Jeep Cherokee is worth more than the whole property.

    I was on the roof of an apartment building next door and the scary thing was the houses on all sides looked pretty much the same. In general, it wasn't even a bad area... just a lot of neighborhood "charm"


  7. #7

    Default Re: My new house

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fellman View Post
    The strange thing to me was the newer, somewhat expensive cars in the driveway. I'm thinking that Jeep Cherokee is worth more than the whole property.

    I was on the roof of an apartment building next door and the scary thing was the houses on all sides looked pretty much the same. In general, it wasn't even a bad area... just a lot of neighborhood "charm"
    Paint and new Tarps!!!

    Jeff Zehnder - Home Inspector, Raleigh, NC
    http://www.jjeffzehnder.com/
    http://carolinahomeinspections.com/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,245

    Default Re: My new house

    The weather-worn camouflage coloring kinda grows on you ... NOT!

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  9. #9

    Default Re: My new house

    At least the indoor plumbing is vented.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    885

    Default Re: My new house

    TLC - by Caterpillar.

    The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    869

    Default Re: My new house

    Be careful what you say about this house. You may piss off the agent.

    Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,245

    Default Re: My new house

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Turetsky View Post
    Be careful what you say about this house. You may piss off the agent.
    Why... does he/she live there?

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •