Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Howdy everyone

  1. #1
    Dale Baker's Avatar
    Dale Baker Guest

    Default Howdy everyone

    My name is Dale Baker
    I am the owner of Baker Home Inspection and Consulting Service
    in Charletown, NH.
    Have a good one

    Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Dale Baker; 09-22-2007 at 06:04 PM. Reason: To put my last name
    Inspection Referral SOC

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    3,177

    Default Re: Howdy everyone

    Dale - Welcome to the board! I see you're up there north of Bellows Falls, except on the other side of the river. Near my old stomping grounds. I miss New England!

    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

  3. #3
    Carl Winters's Avatar
    Carl Winters Guest

    Default Re: Howdy everyone

    Hello Dale is that you? I just got here yesterday. Wonder how all the AR's are finding this site. I think I just stumbled up on it. This is your bud Carl Winters, Hill Country Inspector from Active Rain. I'll add you to my Bud list over here. From what I have seen they have good educational material on this site. Keep in Touch!


  4. #4
    Dale Baker's Avatar
    Dale Baker Guest

    Thumbs up Re: Howdy everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Winters View Post
    Hello Dale is that you? I just got here yesterday. Wonder how all the AR's are finding this site. I think I just stumbled up on it. This is your bud Carl Winters, Hill Country Inspector from Active Rain. I'll add you to my Bud list over here. From what I have seen they have good educational material on this site. Keep in Touch!
    Howdy Carl

    It sure is me. Sorry I had not goten back to you before now Carl but I had lost my password to here. They sure do have some very good educational material on this site.

    Have a good one
    Dale


  5. #5
    Carl Winters's Avatar
    Carl Winters Guest

    Talking Carl's Howdy!

    Hey Dale: I haven't been getting over here as much as I do AR. I have so many passwords I can not keep up with them anymore. I try a couple times and if it doesn't work I just move on to something else. I have a book I write them down on but need to get it reorganized. I think I will put it in alpha. order by site name.
    Yes, from what I have seen educational material is good, and of course many good guys from AR. I really enjoy the friendships that we have developed.
    You have a good one yourself.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    4,170

    Default Re: Howdy everyone

    Passwords and accounts .
    I have had pretty good success keeping mine on a MS word document that I created a shortcut to on my desk top screen. I just copy and past the site, account infomation and password anytime I create or change passwords and such. It might not be the most secure method... not sure how much interest my Inspection News password would be to a hacker though .

    Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

  7. #7
    Nolan Kienitz's Avatar
    Nolan Kienitz Guest

    Default Re: Howdy everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Passwords and accounts ....
    My Excel file is now many years old, but (like Jim's Word doc) keeps getting modified with adds, deletions and changes.

    My ole gray matter can't keep up with all the logins/passwords anymore. Then ... when you get to those locations that hold you to the complex combination for a password ... I kind of go ...

    But, you know ... it is what it is !!


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Rockwall Texas
    Posts
    4,519

    Default Re: Howdy everyone

    Nolan,

    Just when I think I have a password memorized, I get one of those security updates saying I need to update and change my password.

    I have all of mine taped really neat on the wall above my office computer.

    Real security, right.

    rick


  9. #9
    Dale Baker's Avatar
    Dale Baker Guest

    Default Re: Howdy everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Passwords and accounts .
    I have had pretty good success keeping mine on a MS word document that I created a shortcut to on my desk top screen. I just copy and past the site, account infomation and password anytime I create or change passwords and such. It might not be the most secure method... not sure how much interest my Inspection News password would be to a hacker though .
    Thanks for the info. As far as a hacker you never can tell.

    Have a good one


  10. #10
    Dale Baker's Avatar
    Dale Baker Guest

    Default Re: Howdy everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Nolan,

    Just when I think I have a password memorized, I get one of those security updates saying I need to update and change my password.

    I have all of mine taped really neat on the wall above my office computer.

    Real security, right.

    rick
    I know those security updates are a pane.


  11. #11
    Nolan Kienitz's Avatar
    Nolan Kienitz Guest

    Default Re: Howdy everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Nolan,

    Just when I think I have a password memorized, I get one of those security updates saying I need to update and change my password.

    I have all of mine taped really neat on the wall above my office computer.

    Real security, right.

    rick
    Rick,

    Then there is the bank account my wife and I have ... two different logins, bank has also required two or three security confirmation questions. I never get the questions when I login from my notebook in my office. But ... when my wife logs in with her notebook via the wireless link at the other end of the home I always get: "Nolan ... what was the name of your first car?" ... I'm digging out my Excel spreadsheet to find the answers ... I can never remember which order I put the words in: "Ford Model A" or "Model A Ford" or ... heck .. I give up !!


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    341

    Default Re: Howdy everyone

    I keep all my passwords on a notepad .doc which I keep on a USB thumb drive. At least it's not on my computer.

    Welcome Dale, Carl....

    I've been here a couple of years and have learned more than any where else.

    As with everything else, when you follow a thread, use common sense.
    Opinions... everybody has one.

    Facts.... it is what it is.

    Critical Home Inspection Services
    www.Home2Spec.com

  13. #13
    Carl Winters's Avatar
    Carl Winters Guest

    Default Re: Howdy everyone

    Thanks Victor
    Freedom of speech is good but sometimes it goes beyond what the original comment was about. When that happens I just back away.
    Take Care
    Carl


  14. #14
    Dale Baker's Avatar
    Dale Baker Guest

    Default Re: Howdy everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor DaGraca View Post
    I keep all my passwords on a notepad .doc which I keep on a USB thumb drive. At least it's not on my computer.

    Welcome Dale, Carl....

    I've been here a couple of years and have learned more than any where else.

    As with everything else, when you follow a thread, use common sense.
    Opinions... everybody has one.

    Facts.... it is what it is.
    Howdy Victor
    Thanks for the welcome to Carl and Myself
    Thats a good idea of yours to keep them on a USB thumb drive.
    I do usual lose my passwords there all in my head. But I was useing the
    one I was gave when I joind up here.
    By the way Victor your add to my list as Carl is.

    Have a good one
    Dale


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,444

    Default Re: Howdy everyone

    Just a note about USB thumb drives. They have a nasty habit of going bad without warning. I suggest you have a second backup somewhere else as a precaution.
    JF


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    4,170

    Default Re: Howdy everyone

    Model A Ford?

    Nolan, now just how long have you been inspecting???

    I thought I had been around for a while, but my first car was a '65 Beetle that was already a few years old.

    Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •