Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Norm Peery's Avatar
    Norm Peery Guest

    Default TPR stand pipe material Help

    Can anyone tell me if this pvc is rated for use on a TPR?


    Thanks,
    Norm

    Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    F.I.R.E. Services

  2. #2
    Matt Vozzella's Avatar
    Matt Vozzella Guest

    Default Re: TPR stand pipe material Help

    Based on the ASTM rating (D2846) it seems to be CPVC not PVC.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,243

    Default Re: TPR stand pipe material Help

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm Peery View Post
    Can anyone tell me if this pvc is rated for use on a TPR?
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Vozzella View Post
    Based on the ASTM rating (D2846) it seems to be CPVC not PVC.
    And, to answer his question , yes, CPVC is allowed to be used for the T&P discharge line.

    However, ... how old is the house? This may lead back to another thread about where that is required to terminate. for Matt

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  4. #4
    Matt Vozzella's Avatar
    Matt Vozzella Guest

    Default Re: TPR stand pipe material Help

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    However, ... how old is the house? This may lead back to another thread about where that is required to terminate. for Matt
    Good catch, I like it, sort of. Don't know where it's going to give a firm answer.




  5. #5
    Norm Peery's Avatar
    Norm Peery Guest

    Default Re: TPR stand pipe material Help

    Sorry knew it was cpvc, but the 100 psi rating raised a question. When those blow 100 psi seems pretty low

    Norm


  6. #6
    Matt Vozzella's Avatar
    Matt Vozzella Guest

    Default Re: TPR stand pipe material Help

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm Peery View Post
    Sorry knew it was cpvc, but the 100 psi rating raised a question. When those blow 100 psi seems pretty low

    Norm
    They aren't holding pressure as long as someone didn't do something stupid like put a cap on the end.


  7. #7
    Norm Peery's Avatar
    Norm Peery Guest

    Default Re: TPR stand pipe material Help

    DUH...................................... Thanks Matt. What's that saying ...... something about the forest and the trees

    Norm


  8. #8
    Matt Vozzella's Avatar
    Matt Vozzella Guest

    Default Re: TPR stand pipe material Help

    No worries, I know I've done it a time or two. A common outcome when you like to shoot from the hip on an issue.


  9. #9
    Peter Taheny's Avatar
    Peter Taheny Guest

    Default Re: TPR stand pipe material Help

    Pipe OK
    Solvent Cement OK
    Fittings, Not OK

    Fitting appears to be PVC if they were CPVC they would have the same coloration as the pipe.

    Photo rotated and lightened.

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,243

    Default Re: TPR stand pipe material Help

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Taheny View Post
    Pipe OK
    Solvent Cement OK
    Fittings, Not OK

    Fitting appears to be PVC if they were CPVC they would have the same coloration as the pipe.

    Photo rotated and lightened.

    Peter,

    PVC and CPVC is sized differently.

    They and their fittings are not interchangeable.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •