Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Plumbing vent

  1. #1
    Jeff Eastman's Avatar
    Jeff Eastman Guest

    Default Plumbing vent

    Last edited by Jeff Eastman; 12-20-2007 at 09:06 AM.
    Crawl Space Creeper

  2. #2
    Joshua Hardesty's Avatar
    Joshua Hardesty Guest

    Default Re: Plumbing vent

    That's a "no-hub" coupling, looks fine to me. There's a rubber band that the metal band you see compresses to create a seal. It's much easier to use one of those to splice something into a pipe than it is to use a regular PVC coupling. Say he wanted to add that cleanout. If the PVC couldn't be moved vertically, it would be very hard to get the PVC to fit inside the hubs on the tee. So, you can take a no-hub, put it on one of the pipes, then roll the rubber back on itself, slide it into place, roll the rubber back onto the other pipe, then clamp that metal band around it.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts