Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hosebib

  1. #1
    Thomas Jones's Avatar
    Thomas Jones Guest

    Default Hosebib

    I ran across this hose bib today and had never seen anything like it. When I opened the valve water came out of the hose as well as pores below the valve stem on the right. Is this the proper function? Hope not. Did I not let it run long enough? Any ideas?

    Thank you,

    Thomas Jones

    Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    4,170

    Default Re: Hosebib

    No, that is not the proper function. The vacuum breaker should seal quickly once full pressure/flow is applied through the faucet.
    I see mineral deposits in the area of the vent holes. Time to rebuild or replace.

    Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

  3. #3
    Thomas Jones's Avatar
    Thomas Jones Guest

    Default Re: Hosebib

    Thank you Jim.

    There is a plastic ring that loosely fits around the area where the ducts are.....Im thinking that Ill have the homeowner demonstrate its proper use to my client, and word it somewhat that way in my report.

    Thomas


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: Hosebib

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    .
    The vacuum breaker should seal quickly once full pressure/flow is applied through the faucet.
    .
    .
    Full Pressure Flow Can Not Be Achieved if there is a Parcel Kink in the Hose.
    * . the bib will weep.
    ** You Mileage May Vary..

    Last edited by Billy Stephens; 09-03-2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: ** added
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    WESTMINSTER CO
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Hosebib

    i usually disconnect hose when testing hose bibs--especially anti siphon--like billy says--

    cvf


  6. #6
    Thomas Jones's Avatar
    Thomas Jones Guest

    Default Re: Hosebib

    Both hose bibs responded in kind. I wrote it up that they leaked at the ducts below the valve when turned on (it was a good flow of water). Ill tell my client about these posts. Ive operated other types of anti-siphon hose bibs before, including my own, and have never had this result, or very, very little water come out of the anti-siphon device....kinks or no kinks. Hose or no hose.

    Thanks for the feedback.

    Thomas


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: Hosebib

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    .
    Full Pressure Flow Can Not Be Achieved if there is a Parcel Kink in the Hose.
    * the bib will weep.
    You Mileage May Vary.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jones View Post
    Both hose bibs responded in kind. I wrote it up that they leaked at the ducts below the valve when turned on (it was a good flow of water). Ill tell my client about these posts. Ive operated other types of anti-siphon hose bibs before, including my own, and have never had this result, or very, very little water come out of the anti-siphon device....kinks or no kinks. Hose or no hose.

    Thanks for the feedback.

    Thomas
    .
    Your Mileage May Vary.
    .

    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South-West Michigan
    Posts
    469

    Post Re: Hosebib

    Jim had it correct, right from the start. "Repair or replacement by a licensed plumber" would be the right recommendation, in my opinion. Any thing less is a disservice to the client . . . in my opinion. I forget - this IS and opinion board.

    Randall Aldering GHI BAOM MSM
    Housesmithe Inspection
    www.housesmithe.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •