Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Drain Waste

  1. #1
    David Banks's Avatar
    David Banks Guest

    Default Drain Waste

    Looks like a mess but does anyone see any issues? Second floor added with bath.

    Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Healdsburg, CA

    Default Re: Drain Waste

    A few.

    Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

  3. #3
    Brian E Kelly's Avatar
    Brian E Kelly Guest

    Default Re: Drain Waste

    Just to start the use of a tee instead of a wye, and lack of proper support.

  4. #4
    Scott Dana's Avatar
    Scott Dana Guest

    Default Re: Drain Waste

    At the bottom where the horizontal plastic line goes into the existing drain line, how is that attached? From the looks of the picture it appears to be resting in the line, although I doubt it really is.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    state of jefferson

    Default Re: Drain Waste

    the below the floor trap on the left appears to be without a vent.

  6. #6
    Martin lehman's Avatar
    Martin lehman Guest

    Default Re: Drain Waste

    There are quite a few problems in that picture. That setup looks like a do-it-yourselfer went to town. Defer it to a qualified plumber.

  7. #7
    Joshua Hardesty's Avatar
    Joshua Hardesty Guest

    Default Re: Drain Waste

    I'm really not even sure what I'm looking at.

    No support.
    No purple.
    That trap that's on the left -- Is that threaded? What about the one on the right?
    The trap on the left -- How long is that arm before reaches that 4" pipe?
    The trap on the right -- Where it goes into the 2" tee, underneath that, is that a short 90* change from verticle to horizontal?
    That's quite a few bends with no cleanouts.
    Hard to tell from the photo, but do those pipes have the right slope?
    Is everything vented properly?

    That trap on the left, when it reaches the 3", what kind of fitting is that going into? Is it a 3" tee with a 2" side inlet?

    Brian: Which tee are you referring to? I thought tees were acceptable when changing from horizontal to verticle.

    Scott: That small black ring around the PVC is a type of transition bushing. It's a large rubber ring that you shove inside the cast iron, then shove the PVC or ABS or into that. The pressures between the two create a seal.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts