Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Lake Jackson, TX
    Posts
    6

    Default But there is a p-trap under the sink

    But there is a p-trap under the sink

    Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral SOC
    Barry Thirtle

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: But there is a p-trap under the sink

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Thirtle View Post
    But there is a p-trap under the sink
    Yes & No.
    * sink on the right has a correct p trap
    ** sink on the left needs one.

    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    2,303

    Default Re: But there is a p-trap under the sink

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Yes & No.
    * sink on the right has a correct p trap
    ** sink on the left needs one.
    If you just add a trap to the sink on the left, the sink on the right will be double trapped. The trap needs to be moved to the sink on the left.

    But is does meet check box construction!

    The beatings will continue until morale has improved. mgt.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: But there is a p-trap under the sink

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Yes & No.
    * sink on the right has a correct p trap
    ** sink on the left needs one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern Heiler View Post
    If you just add a trap to the sink on the left, the sink on the right will be double trapped. !
    Depends on how it's added.
    * your way both sinks may not drain at the same time.

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,243

    Default Re: But there is a p-trap under the sink

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Depends on how it's added.
    Correct ... depends on how the trap is added, and if the trap is "added" to the sink on the left in the first photo *as it is plumbed now*, the sink on the right will be double trapped.

    However, if, as shown in your photo, one decides to *re-plumb the drains and traps differently*, then one is not just "adding" a trap to the left sink, one is re-configuring the drain/trap plumbing, in which case (as shown in your photo) each sink would have one trap and only one trap). But all you said was to "add" a trap, not that one would 're-plumb" the drain lines and traps.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: But there is a p-trap under the sink

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Yes & No.
    * sink on the right has a correct p trap
    ** sink on the left needs one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Correct ... depends on how the trap is added, and if the trap is "added" to the sink on the left in the first photo *as it is plumbed now*, the sink on the right will be double trapped.

    However, if, as shown in your photo, one decides to *re-plumb the drains and traps differently*, then one is not just "adding" a trap to the left sink, one is re-configuring the drain/trap plumbing, in which case (as shown in your photo) each sink would have one trap and only one trap). But all you said was to "add" a trap, not that one would 're-plumb" the drain lines and traps.
    Thank You for your Interpretation of what you thought I said.
    *please Read what was posted.
    ** nothing was said about add just a trap ( " sink on left needs one. ")

    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    2,303

    Default Re: But there is a p-trap under the sink

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Depends on how it's added.
    * your way both sinks may not drain at the same time.
    I will call my city manager in the morning and tell him we have solved the waste water volume problem.... just add P'traps

    The beatings will continue until morale has improved. mgt.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: But there is a p-trap under the sink

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern Heiler View Post
    I will call my city manager in the morning and tell him we have solved the waste water volume problem.... just add P'traps
    Hard to Fit a Size 12 Foot into a Size 7 Shoe.
    * or dump a 4 inch water column into a 2 inch drain.

    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,243

    Default Re: But there is a p-trap under the sink

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Thank You for your Interpretation of what you thought I said.
    *please Read what was posted.
    ** nothing was said about add just a trap ( " sink on left needs one. ")
    Thank you for your Interpretation of what you thought you said.
    *please Read what was posted.
    **nothing was said about re-plumbing and re-configuring the traps, just ( "sink on left needs one. ")

    You should consider adding your interpretations of what you THINK you are saying to what you ACTUALLY post.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  10. #10
    brianmiller's Avatar
    brianmiller Guest

    Default Re: But there is a p-trap under the sink

    does anyone have a photo of a double trapped sink? I want to show what it looks like to someone but I don't have a photo.

    thanks,

    b


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    california
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: But there is a p-trap under the sink

    Barry,

    Code says:
    Double traps (in series) prohibited. IRC 3201.6 UPC 1004.0

    Note:No accessible shut-offs visible.
    Weird selection of fittings.
    The tee appears ( to me ) to be upside down.

    Billy,

    FWIW: Your pic of G/D etc. is trapped in parallel and good to go.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •