Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sioux City, Iowa

    Default Qest Polybutylene Plumbing

    I know this is an old topic. I ran accross this type of plumbing today and I haven't seen any of this stuff for several years. How is everyone reporting this product today. I was once told to recommend replacement of the plumbing.

    Similar Threads:
    F.I.R.E. Services

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Southern Vancouver Island

    Default Re: Qest Polybutylene Plumbing

    Yes, always report it if you see it.
    The best practice is to replace it with PEX.
    A lot of times, new pipe can be pulled in attached to the old stuff.
    Insurance companies don't like to insure a house with PolyB pipe installed. So it affects the buyer's ability to get financing.

    John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Santa Rosa, CA

    Default Re: Qest Polybutylene Plumbing

    As John said, best bet is to recommend replacement by a licensed plumbing contractor.

    Department of Redundancy Department


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts