Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Trades

  1. #1
    Michael Russell's Avatar
    Michael Russell Guest

    Thumbs up Trades

    Hello, i am a New Member to this very interesting web site i have several question and i haven't found a spot for these and they are not exactly to do with any of the topics. ill ask any way and hope a moderator can direct me more effectively.

    My first Q is; I am an Electrical supervisor 20 + years and have read a few threads and I am wondering if i can answer some or any of these electrical questions some of your inspectors have ? or even siting the code violations.

    Second Q; do all the inspectors do Thermal graphic inspections or only do them on request from the client? or do they just sub contract it?

    Comment: This site is one of the better sites I have come across, So much so that I am Greatly considering getting into this business before i retire from electrical supervision, Keep up the good work!

    Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral SOC

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Posts
    2,479

    Default Re: Trades

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Russell View Post
    Hello, i am a New Member to this very interesting web site i have several question and i haven't found a spot for these and they are not exactly to do with any of the topics. ill ask any way and hope a moderator can direct me more effectively.

    My first Q is; I am an Electrical supervisor 20 + years and have read a few threads and I am wondering if i can answer some or any of these electrical questions some of your inspectors have ? or even siting the code violations.

    Second Q; do all the inspectors do Thermal graphic inspections or only do them on request from the client? or do they just sub contract it?

    Comment: This site is one of the better sites I have come across, So much so that I am Greatly considering getting into this business before i retire from electrical supervision, Keep up the good work!
    Hi Michael,

    First answer: This is an open forum and anyone can ask or answer questions. The vast majority of us want input from others. Don't let yourself be driven away by someone challenging you. A thick skin is necessary.

    Second Answer: I do not do thermal. Not sure what the percentage is nationwide, but I only know of two in my area that do.

    Welcome to the site. I hope to read your comments.

    Department of Redundancy Department
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

  3. #3
    Michael Russell's Avatar
    Michael Russell Guest

    Default Re: Trades

    Thanks Gunnar

    i have been replying to posts that concern electricity! in the section ''question from home owners''
    my question was for the inspectors area because i did see a few inspectors asking for information about panels or other electrical equipment how the were connected and all EX. the inspector's pic showed were they saw one or two items but missed 3 other items that could cause a fire or fatal electrical shock and are against code




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    1,628

    Default Re: Trades

    I'd say if you know the answer, answer the question. Just don't guess and pass it on as fact as many of the non-inspectors do here.

    MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

  5. #5
    Michael Russell's Avatar
    Michael Russell Guest

    Default Re: Trades

    Thanks Ken
    I just wasn't sure if i was allowed to answer in the inspectors area, i'll try to make you proud LOL


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southern Vancouver Island
    Posts
    4,546

    Default Re: Trades

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Russell View Post
    Thanks Ken
    I just wasn't sure if i was allowed to answer in the inspectors area, i'll try to make you proud LOL
    Welcome Michael. I'm sure you know by viewing here that they do things differently in the US.
    Here's just a few I'm aware of for starters.
    They run service conductors right over the roof of a house
    They often install the Service Disconnect or Main Breaker outside in the weather
    They run branch circuits helter skelter past the service conductors, no barrier
    They terminate grounding conductors on the neutral bus in the service panel
    They use 20 amp circuits for lighting and have no limits to the # of devices on those branch circuits
    They never mount the panel on its side, weird, huh?

    They can put up to six main disconnects on one service drop
    They can tap the service conductors ahead of the main breaker and run a feeder to some other location from there

    I know this is a simplistic list, just making a point, the rules are different in many ways.

    Last edited by John Kogel; 06-19-2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: couple more
    John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: Trades

    Fidel
    It would be more appropriate if you would repost in the software area and delete this post.

    ' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lombard, Illinois
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: Trades

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    Fidel
    It would be more appropriate if you would repost in the software area and delete this post.
    Done thx Rick

    Fidel F. Gonzales
    RELIANT INSPECTION SERVICE
    http://www.reliantinspectionservice.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •