Results 1 to 2 of 2
02-06-2012, 06:24 PM #1
Can I use pvc in a Chicago two flat?
Hi, just purchased a two unit in Chicago. I want to replace all plumbing pipes. I am told I can't use pvc in Chicago and if I go the section 8 route, their inspectors won't approve pvc in the apartments? thanks
- City kept mum on potential home defects - Chicago Tribune
- Inspection good for buyers and sellers - Chicago Daily Herald
- Commercial: Stucco interface with flat work
- Flow restrictors affect shower temps - Chicago Daily Herald
- Home inspections key to helping buyers make sound decision - Chicago Daily Southtown
Last edited by john manta; 02-06-2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: clarity
02-07-2012, 05:19 AM #2
Re: Can I use pvc in a Chicago two flat?
The Section 8 HQS inspection does not address the type of material used for plumbing supply pipes. However the local PHA may have something in their administrative plan that was approved by HUD which defines the type of materials that can be used in that jurisdiction.
Galen L. Beasley
Housing Authority of Kansas City MO