Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Kevin Luce's Avatar
    Kevin Luce Guest

    Default Flashing Compond

    I was reading some information from our local utility company and reads "3.2 The mast shall be solidly blocked with 2 in. x 6 in. notched blocks spiked to the roof rafters or clamped to a steel plate that is securely fastened to the roof rafters. The mast shall be flashed where it passes through the roof with metal flashing and flashing compound."

    Around here, I have not seen/recognized flashing compound. Can anyone tel me what product they have seen in there area that would be classified as flashing compound?

    Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Fletcher, NC

    Default Re: Flashing Compond

    I suspect they are referring to a pitch pan filled with pitch, a more or less dead level, hot (or possibly cold?) applied asphalt. Fill the pitch pan, then top it off making the top of the pitch slope upward to drain water.

    Now there is a novel idea ... topping the pitch pan off, not to mention sloping the top to drain water.

    Pitch Pan

    Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts