Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    230

    Default Another contractor approved roof

    It must be my month. This was a 31 year old roof that the seller / contractor swears has a 5 year warranty, or so he told the buyer (contractor was not on site). The roof has been painted, not sure with what type of paint and he was claiming it was leak free. Both valleys were leaking and there was evidence of leaks all along the right edge (fascia) of the home. What the heck is with these flippers. Do they really think we will approve something like this?

    Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    F.I.R.E. Services
    Bill Siegel
    Florida Home Inspection Team Inc.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,252

    Default Re: Another contractor approved roof

    Quote Originally Posted by william siegel View Post
    It must be my month. This was a 31 year old roof that the seller / contractor swears has a 5 year warranty, or so he told the buyer (contractor was not on site). The roof has been painted, not sure with what type of paint and he was claiming it was leak free. Both valleys were leaking and there was evidence of leaks all along the right edge (fascia) of the home. What the heck is with these flippers. Do they really think we will approve something like this?
    Tell them the painter/contractor/flipper is performing roof repairs without a license.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    1,984

    Default Re: Another contractor approved roof

    Quote Originally Posted by william siegel View Post
    What the heck is with these flippers. Do they really think we will approve something like this?
    Your perspective is warped William. You seem to forget you are on IN and actually doing your job. i don't know about Florida but I can tell you around here flippers can rely on checkbox idiots.
    The flipper is hooked up with an agent, the agent suggests the buyer could use X inspector and the deal closes. Even without agent referrals buyers seem to be good at finding checkbox inspectors.

    www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: Another contractor approved roof

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Tell them the painter/contractor/flipper is performing roof repairs without a license.
    .
    Tell them the roof needs replaced.
    *seller and buyer issue.
    ** If I were buying sale price would reflect a New Roof.
    .

    Last edited by Billy Stephens; 08-02-2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: a added
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  5. #5

    Smile Re: Another contractor approved roof

    I called out a roof lately, there were the standard curling/damaged/missing shingles, holes in some of them, patching etc. Upset buyer/client calls me to tell me that a "roofer" came out and said that it was good for 5 years and repair/replacement was not needed. Client tells me that she is looking at my pictures with holes, damage etc and can't believe it. I told her to have the "roofer" write on his/her letterhead stating that is is good for another 5 years. Roof was replaced the next week. Broker and listing agent upset, removed my brochures from office and is telling everyone not to use me. Good times. Client and family happy and has sent family/friends to me.

    Michael Carson
    Inspect It Right Home Inspections L.L.C.
    www.inspectitrighthomeinspection.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    230

    Default Re: Another contractor approved roof

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Carson View Post
    I called out a roof lately, there were the standard curling/damaged/missing shingles, holes in some of them, patching etc. Upset buyer/client calls me to tell me that a "roofer" came out and said that it was good for 5 years and repair/replacement was not needed. Client tells me that she is looking at my pictures with holes, damage etc and can't believe it. I told her to have the "roofer" write on his/her letterhead stating that is is good for another 5 years. Roof was replaced the next week. Broker and listing agent upset, removed my brochures from office and is telling everyone not to use me. Good times. Client and family happy and has sent family/friends to me.
    Just another example of a Realtor who who only wants the commission and does not care about the clients. You out to sue her for libel

    Bill Siegel
    Florida Home Inspection Team Inc.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •