Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2

    Default New roof with horrible look

    Contractor came and change nice look leaking roof To horrible look but still leaking roof. We agree to replace our roof for exactly the same roof leaks free. Our contractor refuses to bring back look of our roof from before and refuses to come and see the same leak. What I can do?
    Our roof is missing partial flashing and dripping edge. Many nails are visible and stucco got damage.

    Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Anna Holda; 01-04-2021 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Add some specific factors
    Member Benefits1

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    WESTMINSTER CO
    Posts
    1,127

    Default Re: New roof with horrible look

    call your insurance company or get a lawyer--good luck


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Posts
    2,978

    Default Re: New roof with horrible look

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Holda View Post
    Contractor came and change nice look leaking roof To horrible look but still leaking roof. We agree to replace our roof for exactly the same roof leaks free. Our contractor refuses to bring back look of our roof from before and refuses to come and see the same leak. What I can do?
    Our roof is missing partial flashing and dripping edge. Many nails are visible and stucco got damage.
    Contractors in California are licensed through the Contractors State Licence Board. You can file a complaint with the CSLB.

    Department of Redundancy Department
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,501

    Default Re: New roof with horrible look

    I would suggest you call another roofer for a consultation, either to confirm your suspicions or for a 2nd opinion.
    If they agree with your assessment, ask them to write a brief summary of their findings.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: New roof with horrible look

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    I would suggest you call another roofer for a consultation, either to confirm your suspicions or for a 2nd opinion.
    If they agree with your assessment, ask them to write a brief summary of their findings.

    Yes, we got two independent roofers and one general contractor, all of them they said that our roof is NOT complete. They pointed some errors, which I mentioned before.
    The roofer business which did our roof is old ( they worked for us before ), but now they have new owner, who cutS the corners and we have a problem - bad looking and Still leaking roof.
    What happened to company if we report them?
    They still be ripping other costumers.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,501

    Default Re: New roof with horrible look

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Holda View Post
    and Still leaking roof.
    What happened to company if we report them?
    They still be ripping other costumers.
    I would concentrate on what happens to your home, not so much on what other customers may (or may not) experience, or what the State Licensing Board actions might be.

    Often times a small defect can lead to large problems, so perhaps your problems are easy to fix.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •