Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Default Free Recall Service for Home Inspectors

    We Make It Safer just added a Home Inspector page to their website. This is a free recall service which provides recall information, updates and a free newsletter. I have found it to be a tremendous tool to use on my inspections, it encourages my clients to participate in the process and collect the data. (it gives they something to do during the inspection).They then enter the data on my laptop onsite, on my Smartphone or when they follow a link to the We Make It Safer website on my inspection report. Appliances lists can be updated by the client to add more appliances at a later date or as they furnish their home. They recenty added widgets for your website, Facebook links etc. Check it out:WeMakeItSafer Blog Blog Archive How Service Providers Can Use Items I Own to Help Protect Consumers

    Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1
    www.dapkusinspections.com
    www.chicagoinfraredthermalimaging.com
    Infraspection Institute Certified Level III Thermographer # 8510

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: Free Recall Service for Home Inspectors

    Quote Originally Posted by Linas Dapkus View Post
    We Make It Safer just added a Home Inspector page to their website. This is a free recall service which provides recall information, updates and a free newsletter. I have found it to be a tremendous tool to use on my inspections, it encourages my clients to participate in the process and collect the data. (it gives they something to do during the inspection).They then enter the data on my laptop onsite, on my Smartphone or when they follow a link to the We Make It Safer website on my inspection report. Appliances lists can be updated by the client to add more appliances at a later date or as they furnish their home. They recenty added widgets for your website, Facebook links etc. Check it out:WeMakeItSafer Blog Blog Archive How Service Providers Can Use Items I Own to Help Protect Consumers
    Thanks for the link....


    I'm sure we should be hearing from Nathan soon!

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  3. #3

    Wink Re: Free Recall Service for Home Inspectors

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Thanks for the link....


    I'm sure we should be hearing from Nathan soon!
    Why pay when you can get it for free?

    www.dapkusinspections.com
    www.chicagoinfraredthermalimaging.com
    Infraspection Institute Certified Level III Thermographer # 8510

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,777

    Default Re: Free Recall Service for Home Inspectors

    Would be interesting Nat's argument how his connection works better. Other than how it personally benefits $$ to him.


  5. #5

    Default Re: Free Recall Service for Home Inspectors

    Well let me count the ways...

    1. Our database is accurate, with more than a year invested and development in cooperation with manufacturers...this other service is just a web portal to the CPSC, which has always been free so this is nothing new.

    2. RecallChek is the only guaranteed way to find recalls...its in our policy. Their policy specifically says they're not liable for the information.

    3. Recall protection for life, including a newsletter completely customizable by the inspector that promotes the inspector.

    4. They are completely as driven, and it's really a consumer direct service, which it does fine for that I suppose.

    5. Input- with our system you don't have to take down model numbers, you can just snap a photo of the model tags...done! Also integrated with every major reporting software program in the industry.

    6. "The Inspector Algorithm"- which we invented, it detects common mistakes in model input, and corrects it prior to the search and the report.

    7. Custom report, with your logo and info. RecallChek is your product, we just fulfill it.

    8. Over 3 million ads monthly promoting our inspectors to agents and buyers. Google ads, Facebook ads, email, and more.

    9. Agent involvement in the newsletter- over 50,000 agents log into our server each and every month to upload pics, customize newsletter, update client info, etc.

    10. Custom marketing materials and support- More than 50 custom marketing pieces in multiple languages, ready to print in 20 seconds.

    I could go on through #1000, but if you really want to know just call us and take advantage of a free trial.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Blacklands Of Texas
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: Free Recall Service for Home Inspectors

    Hello Linas,

    Yes it's a great and FREE service isn't it? Anyone reading this should check out that link and see all of the benefits and great points of this service and read their sign-up page as well.
    • They check for almost all of the recalled items covered in the CPSC database and not just a handful of appliances. Once consumers see how easy and effective it is they can learn just how many other recalled items they might own.
    • They don't sell or use the consumers private information to email SPAM them, telemarket to them, or try to sell them other products or services to make money off of them. The consumers identifying information is kept strictly confidential.
    • They run their recall checks every night to make sure consumers are notified ASAP if a new recall occurs on one of their listed items.
    • Their newsletter is actually designed to provide information and not sell other things to the consumer.
    • It was designed by Computer Science and Business Professionals whose intention is not to sell to consumers but instead get them actively involved in finding recalled products to help consumers improve their safety.
    • If you read all of their sign-up materials the entire set of terms and conditions are listed right there in the open before you even give them any personal information. That includes any disclaimers, allowances, etc. You don't need a Dick Tracy Secret Decoder Ring, have to sign up and give your information away, have to buy the product, or any other nonsense first!
    It's an all around great product created by two highly intelligent professional women who are also Mothers concerned for others. It would not surprise me one bit if others try to emulate the service and charge for it to make money off the consumers instead of to truly help them!

    Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!
    www.psinspection.com
    Texas License# 7593

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: Free Recall Service for Home Inspectors

    Thanks for posting that Linas

    Some of you baffle me. There is an active thread going on now about a home inspector wrote a 2 page report. Some complain that an inspector charges $200 for inspections. When a home buyer is shopping around all they know to ask is price, and they are labeled as cheap. Yet, when it's your money, you want it cheap or free, and degrade those that offer a product that you will have to pay more for. How is it that you expect to get something on the cheap but don't understand when a home buyer expects the same?

    ' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Free Recall Service for Home Inspectors

    A free listing on this national recall search website is available for inspectors that post a search widget on their websites.
    Resource Center - helpful sites, apps and stores that care about your safety

    www.dapkusinspections.com
    www.chicagoinfraredthermalimaging.com
    Infraspection Institute Certified Level III Thermographer # 8510

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Blacklands Of Texas
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: Free Recall Service for Home Inspectors

    Hello Linas,

    Yes the Team at We Make It Safer are willing to help anyone that are willing to help the consumers. They have a great service for the consumers and a lot of great services for businesses as well. I doubt there is another free to the consumer service out there that can even match what they offer! As a matter of fact most likely there isn't even a paid for service that can match what they offer the consumer for free!

    Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!
    www.psinspection.com
    Texas License# 7593

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Free Recall Service for Home Inspectors

    I sent 'We Make It Safer' a generic inquiry about their website tools yesterday (Sunday) and at 4:00am this morning, a reply was in my inbox! Now that's customer service!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    so so, California
    Posts
    1,769

    Default Re: Free Recall Service for Home Inspectors

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Thornberry View Post
    Well let me count the ways...

    1. Our database is accurate, with more than a year invested and development in cooperation with manufacturers...this other service is just a web portal to the CPSC, which has always been free so this is nothing new.

    2. RecallChek is the only guaranteed way to find recalls...its in our policy. Their policy specifically says they're not liable for the information.

    3. Recall protection for life, including a newsletter completely customizable by the inspector that promotes the inspector.

    4. They are completely as driven, and it's really a consumer direct service, which it does fine for that I suppose.

    5. Input- with our system you don't have to take down model numbers, you can just snap a photo of the model tags...done! Also integrated with every major reporting software program in the industry.

    6. "The Inspector Algorithm"- which we invented, it detects common mistakes in model input, and corrects it prior to the search and the report.

    7. Custom report, with your logo and info. RecallChek is your product, we just fulfill it.

    8. Over 3 million ads monthly promoting our inspectors to agents and buyers. Google ads, Facebook ads, email, and more.

    9. Agent involvement in the newsletter- over 50,000 agents log into our server each and every month to upload pics, customize newsletter, update client info, etc.

    10. Custom marketing materials and support- More than 50 custom marketing pieces in multiple languages, ready to print in 20 seconds.

    I could go on through #1000, but if you really want to know just call us and take advantage of a free trial.
    Nathan, email me with more info..marc216@ymail.com

    The MAZZA INSPECTION GROUP
    www.mazzainspections.com
    Level III Thermo-picture-taker-er...er

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,446

    Default Re: Free Recall Service for Home Inspectors

    I have been using Nathan's services for over a year now. Here are my observations....
    My clients rave about the report they get.
    The turn around time for the reports is phenomenal.
    I have not had ONE client complain about an unwanted phone call, spam emails, or any other issue related to the RecallChek process. That's well over 400 clients.
    I have had clients tell me how polite and helpful the RecallChek people were when they called them to ask a question, or needed help inputting their own stuff into the data base after they moved in.
    On another note, the 90 Day Warranty also worked great for one of my clients when her gas logs quit working after she moved in.
    Just my 2cents.


  13. #13

    Default Re: Free Recall Service for Home Inspectors

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    I have been using Nathan's services for over a year now. Here are my observations....
    My clients rave about the report they get.
    The turn around time for the reports is phenomenal.
    I have not had ONE client complain about an unwanted phone call, spam emails, or any other issue related to the RecallChek process. That's well over 400 clients.
    I have had clients tell me how polite and helpful the RecallChek people were when they called them to ask a question, or needed help inputting their own stuff into the data base after they moved in.
    On another note, the 90 Day Warranty also worked great for one of my clients when her gas logs quit working after she moved in.
    Just my 2cents.

    Thanks Jack, we appreciate your business. I think you missed a zero there- we're over 4,000 users! We have 400 users in one single franchise, so I think we surpassed that!

    Marc, I'll make sure someone in my office gets with you fast. You can always reach me directly at nathan@nathanthornberry.com and I respond to any inspector who emails me- client or non.


    With all this talk about one of the many CPSC portals focusing on toys with lead in them and yard darts that a few inspectors have linked to- don't be tricked. There's not a single inspector out there checking for recalls and delivering their clients a report outside of our system. There isn't another system like it for home inspectors! If you're looking to just give a client a link, just link them to the CPSC site. Problem solved. If you don't like our stuff, don't use it. Pretty simple.

    But don't be tricked by the forum rats posting a link to a site they don't actually utilize to deliver a client an actual service- they just post a link that never gets clicked. It's the equivalent of saying outlet testers are great, but I have a simplistic amprobe that I carry with me to inspections and hand to the client so that they can test the outlets themselves.

    Don't believe me? Call one of these guys posting this "helpful information" posing as a client and ask what their inspections include. We did.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,446

    Default Re: Free Recall Service for Home Inspectors

    Nathan, I was only referring to MY 400 clients!


  15. #15

    Default Re: Free Recall Service for Home Inspectors

    Got it! See you again soon Jack.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •