Nelson Perez Guest

Default what to charge for a 40-year recertification of a 12,000 sf church

I have no idea what to charge for a 40-year recertification of a 12,000 sf church. Can someone give me an idea?? Thanx...

Nelson

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: what to charge for a 40-year recertification of a 12,000 sf church

I have no idea what a re-certification is? What does that mean, exactly?

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Nelson Perez Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
    I have no idea what a re-certification is? What does that mean, exactly?
    Under Section 8-11(f) of the Miami-Dade County Code, the owner of a building which has been in existence for forty (40) years or longer is required to have the building inspected for the purpose of determining the general structural condition of the building and the general condition of its electrical systems. You must submit a written Recertification Report to the Building Official, prepared by a Florida registered professional engineer or architect*, certifying each building or structure is structurally and electrically safe for the specified use for continued occupancy. Each page of the electrical and structural report must be signed and sealed by the engineer or architect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson Perez View Post
    Under Section 8-11(f) of the Miami-Dade County Code, the owner of a building which has been in existence for forty (40) years or longer is required to have the building inspected for the purpose of determining the general structural condition of the building and the general condition of its electrical systems. You must submit a written Recertification Report to the Building Official, prepared by a Florida registered professional engineer or architect*, certifying each building or structure is structurally and electrically safe for the specified use for continued occupancy. Each page of the electrical and structural report must be signed and sealed by the engineer or architect.
    Well, I would say that it would be in the $1,800 to $2,500 range. Seems like a large amount of liability. I'm not sure that I would even want to do it, even if I had the proper credentials.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Nelson Perez Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Well, I would say that it would be in the $1,800 to $2,500 range. Seems like a large amount of liability. I'm not sure that I would even want to do it, even if I had the proper credentials.
    Thank you, Scott.
    Now that you mention it, I am a licensed Architect as well as Home Inspector, but I don't think my H.I. insurance policy would cover me for this.

Nelson A. Perez, R.A.
    www.eagle-ihomeinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson Perez View Post
    Thank you, Scott.
    Now that you mention it, I am a licensed Architect as well as Home Inspector, but I don't think my H.I. insurance policy would cover me for this.

Nelson A. Perez, R.A.
    www.eagle-ihomeinspections.com
    Just check with your insurance carrier,I think 2 to 2500 dollars is a good fee,the reality is,a church is a large open space.
    You may have to spend alot of time with the churches board of managers,explaining your findings.

Darrel Hood Guest

Many churches that large have 16' or 20' ceilings that have inspection items. Don't forget to consider equipment rental in the price.