Thread: APEX

Kirk Hersee Guest

Default APEX

I've been looking at Apex since I started doing inspections. I figured I wanted to be on the same page as a lot of others who have to do diagrams. Well, my diagram needs are numbered because only the exterior inspections require them at this time (as far as submitting them with my reports). I still have to rough something out on site so I can submit square footage. Anyhoo . . . I was wondering what others use. I've tried Google's SketchUp, and it was ok (and free) at best. But, it seemed to have issues with Vista (at least when I first tried it on my new computer). So, what, if, are you using? Kirk

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: APEX

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Hersee View Post
    . . . I was wondering what others use...
    Etch-a-Sketch. Damn the expense, I say.

Sorry. Just kidding. I don't do diagrams. But I bumped your post!

Twelve years and and over 4500 inspections and I have never seen the need for a sketch of a home I have inspected. Photos tell it all.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Twelve years and and over 4500 inspections and I have never seen the need for a sketch of a home I have inspected. Photos tell it all.

Agree 100%..... If somebody can't find damage to a house from a written description and a photo they shouldn't be allowed to fix anything.

When I have done them they are VERY basic.... House, Street, North and a red circle for what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fellman View Post
    Agree 100%..... If somebody can't find damage to a house from a written description and a photo they shouldn't be allowed to fix anything.

When I have done them they are VERY basic.... House, Street, North and a red circle for what I'm talking about.

Come on Guy's You know The Report With Pictures,Circles,Arrows, !!! points are not actually read.

Much less a diagram.

The only thing they Read or pass along to the Repair Guy is the Summary.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

David Banks Guest

If you look at Kirks profile/past posts it looks like he does insurance inspections and is not a HI, hence the question on diagrams.

Quote Originally Posted by David Banks View Post
    If you look at Kirks profile/past posts it looks like he does insurance inspections and is not a HI, hence the question on diagrams.
    Maybe we can bring him over from the darkside!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Kirk Hersee Guest

Maybe we can bring him over from the darkside!
    I would follow like a good minion. It just seems fairly out of my $$ range and intensely involved (the knowledge one needs to have to perform these inspections is a little more than I can take on right now). If there's a chip that you could plant in my (or what passes for) brain, then, maybe. . . Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Hersee View Post
    I would follow like a good minion. It just seems fairly out of my $$ range and intensely involved (the knowledge one needs to have to perform these inspections is a little more than I can take on right now). If there's a chip that you could plant in my (or what passes for) brain, then, maybe. . . Kirk
    Kirk, it's not all that hard. Heck, just look around your area at who is inspecting homes! A honest person with a desire to succeed can make it in this profession. It takes time and a good deal of effort, but in the long run it is very rewarding in many ways.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

David Banks Guest

Kirk, it's not all that hard. Heck, just look around your area at who is inspecting homes! A honest person with a desire to succeed can make it in this profession. It takes time and a good deal of effort, but in the long run it is very rewarding in many ways.
    Hey I resemble that remark! 2 Towns away!

Kirk Hersee Guest

Thanks Fritz for the sugguestion. I will check that one out when I get home today. Interesting, that one didn't show up on a Google search. But then again, I was looking for sketching programs vs a more specific description as in this case "2D vector draw application". Thanks again! Kirk