Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Lead Abatement Enforcement

I wasn't questioning your ability.
    You are a smart person.
    It just seems that sometimes you are expected to... well, eat S***.

Crawl Space Creeper
    ' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

"expected" by whom?

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

"expected" by whom?

I cannot answer that
    Maybe it's You

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    " ...would you say, Mmmmm?"

Oh. InterNACHI is succeeding in becoming the world's first, truly global professional association, .
    Mmmmm.
    LOL.. The biggest and professional is only in your mind
    This past weekend I was at a CE seminar with 50 plus other inspectors. I asked 10 of them about nacho and nick..

Four didn't have a clue who nick or nacho was.

Two were nacho members, new inspectors, claimed they hated him and what he stands for, but choose to stay a member because they get 1 or 2 inspections a month from the search engines. One of them admitted he keeps sending his dues in and hasn't been asked for or turned in any Cont. Ed reports since being a member for the past three years.

Three said they used to be members and quit after seeing all the crap and lies about others, open to the public.

One [that nick once claimed they were buddies] said I refuse to talk about nick or anything about his club because all he wants is attention, and us to talk about him.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Dan Harris provides evidence to support his claim that non-InterNACHI members are financial morons when he writes
    because they get 1 or 2 inspections a month from the search engines.
    So Dan, you are claiming that it costs money to remain a non-InterNACHI member. Good thing you don't have stockholders, or a wife to answer to. They'd be furious that you aren't a member of InterNACHI. LOL!

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    Dan Harris provides evidence to support his claim that non-InterNACHI members are financial morons when he writes So Dan, you are claiming that it costs money to remain a non-InterNACHI member. Good thing you don't have stockholders, or a wife to answer to. They'd be furious that you aren't a member of InterNACHI. LOL!
    Auctualy after I told them how many inspections I get monthly from non nacho search sites, and ask them if they knew how many inspections they may be loosing due to the reputation of nacho, they appeared to have second thoughts about remaining a member.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Hey, if you want to steal food from the mouths of your own kids to remain hung-up on refusing to join InterNACHI as if it amounted to switching religions or churches, that's your decision. Just don't call yourself a good father or businessman. You're neither.

InterNACHI is all about feeding your family.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Hey, if you want to steal food from the mouths of your own kids to remain hung-up on refusing to join InterNACHI as if it amounted to switching religions or churches, that's your decision. Just don't call yourself a good father or businessman. You're neither.

InterNACHI is all about feeding your family.
    LOL.. Typical nicki, start name calling when exposed for what his club is.

My kid is grown up, my grand kids think I'm cool.

After showing my wife all the name calling and lying about other inspectors from nicko, on the nacho site, that I was supporting and promotoing, my wife helped me make the best business decision I ever made.
    Her quote , [ a lawyer] Customers will search your name and business and will associate you with the people you associate youself with. The best thing you can do for your business and reputation is DO not have anything to do with that person or association. .

Last edited by Dan Harris; 03-15-2011 at 08:36 PM.
    www.inspectaz.com

Don't make me laugh again. InterNACHI does more for inspectors in a week than all other associations have done in the past 20 years. And inspectors rewarded InterNACHI by making it the industry's lone superpower.

The days of paying hundreds of dollars, year after year, in return for nothing are long gone. If you want to survive and thrive as a professional trade association nowadays, you have to help inspectors, not just charge them for diploma mill logo usage.

You seem to like stalking me and you're always trying to pick a fight. OK, I'll give you one. Your association lost so many members to InterNACHI in 2010 because your little rip-off society has all but run out of idiots. Dan, since you'll likely be the last to leave, help the environment and remember to turn out the lights. Take that, if you can handle it.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

We don't offer that information, or the course, to non-InterNACHI members.

Lisa, as Director of Communication for InterNACHI, why are you so reluctant to provide verification that the free on-line EPA RRP Certicication can be completed so that a valid certificate, that will be recognized by the EPA for their registration, can be obtained ?

Is it that InterNACHI has only one person in the United States that can complete the training required by the EPA ?

If InterNACHI has only one person to completet the training, is it not a fraud or at least misrepresentation to say that InterNACHI offers free EPA RRP Certification to InterNACHI members ?

You say that the information is only available to InterNACHI members, Why ?

Does InterNACHI have trainers for the EPA RRP Certification ?

Will you guarantee as Director of Communication for InterNACHI that the free EPA RRP Certicication offered by InterNACHI for its members will be able to be completed in the Baltimore, Maryland area ? And that InterNACHI certification will be accepted by the EPA for registration for EPA RRP ?

This really should not be this hard to get a direct answer about InterNACHI accreditation for the EPA RRP Certificate.

Oh. I love my job. I'm only a year into a very long-term contract with InterNACHI, so I'm glad it's a job I love. It's more than just a great job though. InterNACHI is succeeding in becoming the world's first, truly global professional association, and it is really exciting to be part of something so big.
    Lisa as Director of Communications for InterNACHI you seem to be fixated in arguing with others on which organization is better. At times sounding like a child in the school yard. As a Director of Communications I would think you would strive to take a more professional tone, even as others are not.

You seem to have failed at understanding what your organization is actually offering. At least I hope that it is a failure and not poor (unethical) salesmanship. You are a sales arm of the organization (nothing wrong with that), with a function of promoting your organization. To which I have concluded you are failing at your function.

When asked questions about an offering (EPA RRP Certification) of your organization you provide veiled answers. Answers that you have failed to research or answers that you know will put your organization in a poor light. Hopefully not an answer that would make the recipient to think that your organization is attempting deception or fraud.

Your response that certain information is proprietary to organization members is sad. The excuse of not wanting people like me calling them and asking questions was al disingenuous. I received more information with one e-mail to Mr. Gromicko than all of your combined disguised answers. You act like there was something to hide; and there may be something to hide.

I am referring how you seem to harp on how many areas that InteerNACHI has been certified by one department or another. It is exemplary that an organization strives to attain levels of expertise that they are willing to pass on to others. The problem is over stating your position or what you may be offering. Sales are all about presenting your product in the best manor. The problem comes when you inflate something or make it something that it really is not.

I am directing you to InterNACHI’s Free on-line EPA RRP Certification. While I attempted to have you provide the validity of the actual training and how practical it may be, I failed. Your position to not answer the questions left me uneasy about the entire offering. Sad to say that I now question all other offerings that InterNACHI have for their members. This would not be the case if you had been forthcoming at the first contact. I had considered joining InternNACHI so that I could make an informed opinion by participating in the organization. I also now have reservations about weather it would be worth the time and expense to join.

Now to a less obtuse discussion.

EPA RRP Certification requires 8hrs training.

From the InterNACHI web site:
    InterNACHI is an EPA-approved training provider.
    Six hours of this course is online and free to InterNACHI members
    The required two hours of hands-on training is available through the InterNACHI School for a fee.

Email response by Ben Gromicko;
    “What we do is find EPA instructors (located in the areas you listed) and negotiate with them to provide you with the required 2-hours hands-on session. There's no guarantee on the fees; the average is about $200 for the trainer. We provide the 6-hours online for free; then we help you get the 2-hours training in your area.”

Conclusion from response is that InterNACHI does not have trainers across the country, as you stated ("...we do is find EPA instructors..."), meaning you do not have them at present. So you could not have given me the name of these trainers since they do not exist at this time. Which I now understand is why you were so reluctant to provide that information. If you had said just told the truth in the first place, you would not have developed this mistrust for you and the InterNACHI Organization.

The free online certificate training to be worth anything will cost $ 200 or more.

Now for the dollars and cents of it all. Reality check.

INDEPENDENT CERTIFICATION TRAINING FOR EPA RRP CERTIFICATION:
    One day 8 hr course offered at a location in your State/City $ 145 , $ 199 , $ 250
    (Certificate printed at completion that day) (Actual advertised costs) ________________
    __ -FINAL COST (one of three prices) $ 145 , $ 199 , $ 250

InterNACHI FREE ON-LINE TRAINING FOR A CERTIFICATE:
    InterNACHI Membership Cost $ 365
    InterNACHI On-line (free) course, 6 hr, Free to Members
    Hands on training to complete InterNACHI On-Line Aprox $ 200
    (Certified Training providers unknown)
    (Certified Training location unknown)
    (Travel time and distance unknown)
    (Method to combine classes to obtain Caertificate unknown) _________________

_ _ --FINAL COST $ 200+ to $ 565

If the a reason to join InterNACHI was to save money on EPA RRP certification you will want to think again.

To obtain the certification via InterNACHI the cost is $ 200 +

To obtain independent trained certification $ 145 , $199 , $ 249 actual prices

Conclusion is that it can actually cost you more to utilize InternNACHI On-line course., since there are so many unknown factors to obtaining the certification required to register with the EPA.

When free doesn’t mean free.

If you wanted to obtain the certificate you might as well just go for a one day class and be done with it.

At least you know where you stand at the end of the day.

Katie Bedard Guest

It's very frustrating to read what started out as a very useful thread and have it turn into a battle of "who can make the most childish statement first." Next someone will be the 12-year-old disinviting someone else to their birthday party.

For those business-owners out there, it's your perogative how you represent yourself. I hope your clients don't read threads like this.

For people representing larger corporations (you all know whom I am referencing), I hope your CEO doesn't read how your attitude is advertising their business.

Grow up, people. Stick to the subject at hand.

Katie, InterNACHI is offering the EPA approved hands-on portion free next week. Please come. The online portion is free too and Nick is paying for everyone's hotel rooms.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Lis a Endza View Post
    Katie, InterNACHI is offering the EPA approved hands-on portion free next week. Please come. The online portion is free too and Nick is paying for everyone's hotel rooms.
    Well folks;
    It seem like beating a dead horse, may on the rare occasion, get it to rise.

EPA approved hands-on portion free next week

Free Live Training - Lead-Safe Certified RRP Course in our Colorado Classroom - InterNACHI Message Board

It is some what curious, in its timing, that there was an offer by Ben to come to Colorado for the hands on training and that they will pick up the room tab.(( If in fact that is what will really happen.)) I posted on 3/22/11 and Ben picked up on it and reacted. (I may have sent him an email copy of 3/22 post) and the offer came out 3/23/11.

It is also curious that Lisa had no response to my positing, well maybe not so curious.

It seems that there is only one location that InterNACI can fulfill the 2hr hands on requirement. As apposed to Lisa's assertion that there were instructors "...across the us ...". Having a hope is different than having it in place.

It seems that Lisa was blowing a lot of smoke, sad to say. I have nothing personal against her or InterNACHI. But at times I do go on a quest for the truth and will just not let it drop.

I just do not like being lied to by anyone. Especially someone who is a spokesman for an organization.

Lisa in the future why not just come out and be truthful. You have jaded one prospective membership in InterNACHI and possibly many others by your statements. I have to date just read the play ground squabbling and name calling with some amusement, but in the future I will have to make sure what is said is backed with facts which are verifiable. Especially since you seem to willing to obfuscate the truth, so sad and unnecessary.

You have positioned yourself and InterNACHI as to be questioned by myself and others on any matter that you present in the future, which is regrettable. At least on my behalf.

It is better to tell the truth and suffer the rejection, than to lie and from that point not be listened to (not just unbelieved but just dismissed).

Again Garry, the course isn't open to you at any price, so it really doesn't matter does it? Sorry, not my decision.

Calculating the real cost of the course by adding in the cost of membership is as ridiculous as calculating the real cost of the cigarette lighter that came with your new truck by adding up the cost of the cigarette lighter plus the cost of the truck.

Last edited by Lisa Endza; 03-25-2011 at 04:55 PM.
    Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Again Garry, the course isn't open to you at any price, so it really doesn't matter does it? Sorry, not my decision.

Calculating the real cost of the course by adding in the cost of membership is as ridiculous as calculating the real cost of the cigarette lighter that came with your new truck by adding up the cost of the cigarette lighter plus the cost of the truck.

Lisa,
    Again as you have consistently failed to comprehend where my questions were generated from. That of some one looking at what membership in InterNACHI offered. And that of a potential member.

Your age be a factor, but as you get older you learn to question and not take things at face value. Thus I like many others look below the surface to gather a better understanding of any group and any offering that the group makes.

The entire exercise of costing out of obtaining the EPA RRP certification via InterNACHI was just that an exercise of understanding an offering. I do not think I would have bothered if you had been upfront in the beginning. But it seemed so fuzzy.

You should take off your blinders that seem not to allow you to take a non confrontational approach to those that seem to rock your boat.

Would you explain your statement ....
    "Again Garry, the course isn't open to you at any price, so it really doesn't matter does it? Sorry, not my decision. "

Garry, perhaps you skipped over my post #30 where I wrote

We have to be careful because we've been burned in the past by having some of our free membership benefits each individually worth more than the cost to join InterNACHI. This attracted non-inspectors into InterNACHI who only tried to join to access one or two high-value benefits and who had no true intention of ever offering inspection services, which the boss man doesn't like.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Garry, perhaps you skipped over my post #30 where I wrote
    Lisa, you seemed to forget or were wearing you confrontational blinders again.

I prefaced that the questions were based on a membership and a person doing inspections.

Still it seem your response is all about confrontation.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    To anyone following this thread if I am not being clear or there is a better way on what I am asking from Lisa and InterNACHI,

Please give me a hand !
    I'll try to give it a shot
    1st, who are you really ? I noticed you joined this site in 2008, you have over 300 posts.
    I searched your past posts in an attempt to see why nicko will not let you join their club.. I did not see any posts where you were bashing nicki, I don't see anything stating you are an ASHI or NAHI member.. I see several posts that sure look like you may be an inspector.
    I don't see any posts that state, or indicate you are only interested in one or two items, I didn't see any thing that indicates you know it all, and would not use several nacho offerings.
    Soooo I guess you must look funny and lisa is afraid you would not be a good person tp reprensent her club.

www.inspectaz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    I'll try to give it a shot
    1st, who are you really ? I noticed you joined this site in 2008, you have over 300 posts.
    I searched your past posts in an attempt to see why nicko will not let you join their club.. I did not see any posts where you were bashing nicki, I don't see anything stating you are an ASHI or NAHI member.. I see several posts that sure look like you may be an inspector.
    I don't see any posts that state, or indicate you are only interested in one or two items, I didn't see any thing that indicates you know it all, and would not use several nacho offerings.
    Soooo I guess you must look funny and lisa is afraid you would not be a good person tp reprensent her club.

Dan, I am starting to think that it may be ethnically or racially motivated.

In general having participated with groups like the LIONS Club, Optimist Club boy Scouts of America and others I do not get into which is better than the other. It is up to the person to decide with whom they associate with and for what reasons.

I just like to be informed about what any group offers its members. Especially if I take an interest to become involved in that group or organization.

There are times that my interest is peaked when it is difficult to get a straight answer from someone or that the answers are suspect. Especial if it is a public or business organization.

Unlike in religion where you first must believe and then you will understand.

I tend to first want to understand so that I may believe.

[QUOTE=Garry Sorrells;1639

I tend to first want to understand so that I may believe.[/QUOTE]

BINGO!!!!! I think you got it. He knows if someone understands or questions what his club is about, that person or others that start asking questions will not join his club.
    In nickis world as a non-member you are forbidden to question anything he says. After you pay him you can question him, only after you worship and praise him so new members will see your posts and join.

It looks like the only way to get in is, change your name , take his on-line quiz and fail it several times. After he sees you don't have a clue he can have the honor of certifing you, and telling the public how he made another rookie sucessful.
    Then you will need to put his logo on everything you have and post serveral times here how great nicki and his free stuff is.

OBTW: After you finally pass his on-line certificiation quiz, if you really want to be a hero, send nicko an email telling him how great his club is, he will then post it for all of the other members to see..

If you tell him your from a country, [ it doesn't matter if the houses there are straw huts], that nobody ever heard of you will even get a nicki special post telling everyone to welcome you ..

Last edited by Dan Harris; 03-27-2011 at 10:08 AM.
    www.inspectaz.com

Dan,
    The issue is not with Nick nor him responding to questions. I have had some communications with him and all were informative, professional and without any confrontation.

It is about Lisa not responding in a non-confrontational manor and without misdirecting, obfuscating, misleading, or using other methods as to evading a truthful answer.

Still would like to know why :
    "... Again Garry, the course isn't open to you at any price, so it really doesn't matter does it? Sorry, not my decision. ..."

As Director of Communications if seems that there is a problem communicating. At least with me. It may be the generation gap. I am not a Twitter-LOL-texting person.

"How to Report RRP Violations"

Reporting RRP Violations

I'm one of those AHJ. We do not enforce the regulations since it is a Federal law. Just like OSHA, we do not enforce OSHA rules.

It is the contractors responsibility to make the homeowner aware of the law and provide them with a pamphlet.

We have enough unfunded mandates from the State little alone trying to enforce all of the Federal laws.

Hear nothing. See nothing. Say nothing.

Same mantra across the US.

Until all contractors get with the program the public will not feel the actual cost of the regulation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12