Default Quickbooks online payment feature

I upgraded my Quickbooks to the new 2013 version. My old QB was last updated in 2005!

A new feature I discovered yesterday when sending an invoice to a client was that the bottom of the PDF invoice it has a clickable link that allows the person to click on it and it takes them to the Intuit Quickbooks site where they can pay that invoice!

I had to register my company bank account and provide some information to be able to accept payments like this. I went ahead and provided some additional information so I would be allowed to accept more than $1,000 a month. If you do not do this you are limited to $500 a week or $1,000 for the month..

The fee for the online payment is only fifty cents per transaction! the client is not charged this, it is deducted from the payment that is sent to me. Intuit says it will take about 2-3 days for the funds to show in my account once the client pays.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Default Re: Quickbooks online payment feature

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    I upgraded my Quickbooks to the new 2013 version. My old QB was last updated in 2005!
    I think I'm running on 2007 and know I have to update soon.... probably when I get a new computer as I'm sure Windows 8 won't support old software.

Did you look into the online QB at all? It's a monthy fee and done all online. I haven't looked too closely yet. The nice part is you just give your accountant a username and password. I'm sure in the end it costs more, though. $20/month (guessing) is far more than the $200 I spent 5 years ago.

Just curious - what did the 2013 version cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post

A new feature I discovered yesterday when sending an invoice to a client was that the bottom of the PDF invoice it has a clickable link that allows the person to click on it and it takes them to the Intuit Quickbooks site where they can pay that invoice!

I had to register my company bank account and provide some information to be able to accept payments like this. I went ahead and provided some additional information so I would be allowed to accept more than $1,000 a month. If you do not do this you are limited to $500 a week or $1,000 for the month..

The fee for the online payment is only fifty cents per transaction! the client is not charged this, it is deducted from the payment that is sent to me. Intuit says it will take about 2-3 days for the funds to show in my account once the client pays.
    It's a cool feature but the $0.50 is only valid when they pay with their bank account, not a credit card. So people have to enter all their bank account info which some are comfortable with, some aren't. Otherwise with credit card they charge more.

Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software & Home Inspection Website Hosting
    Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Maricic View Post
    It's a cool feature but the $0.50 is only valid when they pay with their bank account, not a credit card. So people have to enter all their bank account info which some are comfortable with, some aren't. Otherwise with credit card they charge more.
    I only signed up for the bank account draft, they give you the option to have both checks and charges if you want them both. I send out so few invoices that it is really not much of an issue for me. Most of the invoices I send I out are for banks or commercial projects.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Sounds like its time I upgrade my Quickbooks too!

Andrew Constantine
    http://InspectProHomeInspections.com
    Charlotte North Carolina Home Inspector