Default Pool fence bonding

Got a call from the seller saying that her electrician is in the back yard. She told him that I recommended that the metal fence (within 5' of the pool) be bonded. "He says that you don't know what you're talking about....any dummy can see that the fence goes into the ground! It's grounded to the earth!!!" I told her to go outside, look him straight in the eyes, and tell him to go home...and when he gets back to the shop, ask the boss what's the difference between bonding and grounding.
    The shop supervisor came out, within an hour, and bonded the fence. No charge 😉

If if I can find the bond in the first 5 minutes.....I'm happy. I stop at about 7 minutes. Anyone look longer than that?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    Certified CREIA Inspector
    Certified NSPF Pool & Spa Inspector
    Level I Thermographer

Default Re: Pool fence bonding

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bryan View Post
    Got a call from the seller saying that her electrician is in the back yard. She told him that I recommended that the metal fence (within 5' of the pool) be bonded. "He says that you don't know what you're talking about....any dummy can see that the fence goes into the ground! It's grounded to the earth!!!" I told her to go outside, look him straight in the eyes, and tell him to go home...and when he gets back to the shop, ask the boss what's the difference between bonding and grounding.
    The shop supervisor came out, within an hour, and bonded the fence. No charge
    Priceless!

What was that phrase ...

"There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's MasterCard"

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Default Re: Pool fence bonding

Bill Bryan,
    Thank you for the informative education.
    Although I do pool inspections, they are infrequent.
    For the most part, were I live, Montreal Quebec, I am sure they would get more yearly seasonal use as skating rinks.

As expressed, I have been inspecting pools, one just recently fitting that 5' foot rule, and have never considered that type of defect.

Much appreciated by this homie!
    Thanks.

Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”