Default Whats this called?

And, what it for? looks like a GFI or something.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Whats this called?

Surge protector

Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    Appears to be in the laundry room.

My SWAG would be some sort of monitor/ metering device along this ZigBee Smart Energy product line.

Being it's in So Cal. it Alerts for off Peak Power usage?
    *gotta love them rolling brown outs.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Very cool, thanks.

Garry Blankenship Guest

My first guess goes w/ Ben / a surge protector. Second would be a timer. It performs some kind of filtering or control work, ( presummed or actual ).

Keith Gipe Guest

I have a surge supressor that looks almost just like that. You can see the reset button on top.

wes thom Guest

Words and numbers on it make obvious what it is.

Two lights have fine print that says something like 'ground' and 'circuit breaker'. All minimally acceptable power strips must have what is inside this block. A circuit breaker.

It has a screw so that six plugs are attached to both duplex wall receptacles. Then anything shoved against the wall does not damage power cords (where it attaches to the plug). And does not break the wall receptacle.

If it was a GFCI or surge protector, then it must have many safety numbers all over it. It only converts two duplex receptacles to six receptacles..

Unfortunately nobody could provide a useful answer because existing important facts and numbers were not posted. A reply can only be as useful as the originally posted facts. That always means numbers.

Lights can only report two things. The orange one says power is available (when illuminated). The green one only reports a defective safety ground (when extinguished). The green one does not say anything sufficiently accurate when glowing. It can only report some safety ground failures.

I may have orange and green reversed. It has been a few years so I would not remember accurately. Back then, the green neon glow lamp failed. So I replaced it with what I had - an orange neon glow lamp.

If a GFCI or protector, then numbers (that mean nothing to you) would make possible answers without speculation. However I have repaired another one. So I also know what is inside. A critically important 15 amp circuit breaker. Two glow lamps. And wires.

Quote Originally Posted by wes thom View Post
    Words and numbers on it make obvious what it is.

Two lights have fine print that says something like 'ground' and 'circuit breaker'. All minimally acceptable power strips must have what is inside this block. A circuit breaker.

It has a screw so that six plugs are attached to both duplex wall receptacles. Then anything shoved against the wall does not damage power cords (where it attaches to the plug). And does not break the wall receptacle.

If it was a GFCI or surge protector, then it must have many safety numbers all over it. It only converts two duplex receptacles to six receptacles..

Unfortunately nobody could provide a useful answer because existing important facts and numbers were not posted. A reply can only be as useful as the originally posted facts. That always means numbers.

Lights can only report two things. The orange one says power is available (when illuminated). The green one only reports a defective safety ground (when extinguished). The green one does not say anything sufficiently accurate when glowing. It can only report some safety ground failures.

I may have orange and green reversed. It has been a few years so I would not remember accurately. Back then, the green neon glow lamp failed. So I replaced it with what I had - an orange neon glow lamp.

If a GFCI or protector, then numbers (that mean nothing to you) would make possible answers without speculation. However I have repaired another one. So I also know what is inside. A critically important 15 amp circuit breaker. Two glow lamps. And wires.
    WTF??

WTF??
    This is hilarious. My Noma WSC600 claims to be a surge protector. The red light says surge. Green is power. It can handle 1875 Watts, I'll have you know.
    We still don't have a name for yours. Marc, but WTF will do nicely.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    It can handle 1875 Watts, I'll have you know.
    Shazam !
    * what's that a Whopping 2.6 amps per plugin?

Last edited by Billy Stephens; 05-30-2012 at 01:53 PM.
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Here's how you should report it:
    A W.T.F. is installed at the laundry receptacle. I recommend that you obtain the owners manual for this device for proper operation.

What are the words/letters on it?

Do not think of knocking out another person's brains because he differs in opinion from you. It would be as rational to knock yourself on the head because you differ from yourself ten years ago.
    - James Burgh, 1754.

I want to get one now,.... just to hear what those red, orange, or turquoise lights have to say.