Default More than one hose bib required

I am inspecting a new construction home today. Nice brick home, however only one exterior hose bib, in the back yard. None in the front yard near the front flower beds and driveway.

One hose bib is non-typical in my area (Dallas), even though I believe in the IRC only one is required. Is there any recent requirement specificing two hose bibs?

Thanks

Gene

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: More than one hose bib required

Quote Originally Posted by Gene South View Post
    I am inspecting a new construction home today. Nice brick home, however only one exterior hose bib, in the back yard. None in the front yard near the front flower beds and driveway.

One hose bib is non-typical in my area (Dallas), even though I believe in the IRC only one is required. Is there any recent requirement specificing two hose bibs?

Thanks

Gene
    Gene, I do not think the IRC has a requirement for exterior hose bibs on a home. I would report it as unusual for the area.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Joe Funderburk Guest

No hose bib requirement at all in the IRC. Although, if there isn't one I let the buyer know it and recommend its installation.

Gene:

What city?

Texas Inspector
    http://www.texasinspector.com
    What the plainspoken man lacks in subtlety, he makes up in clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Funderburk View Post
    No hose bib requirement at all in the IRC. Although, if there isn't one I let the buyer know it and recommend its installation.
    I can see informing a client that no exterior bib exists or that there is only one found, its location and if it is working. But why would you "recommend" one be installed?

People like to water the garden, wash the car, clean the gutters, et ceteras.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    People like to water the garden, wash the car, clean the gutters, et ceteras.
    Yep, but is it their choice. You don't think that they could figure out that they would have to either install a bib or buy extra hose?

Aaron. It was in Frisco Texas. I have since heard the builder said it was a mistake and he is installing a front yard hose bib.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    Yep, but is it their choice. You don't think that they could figure out that they would have to either install a bib or buy extra hose?
    In an area where severe drought is becoming an every year occurrence (normal drought used to be the norm, for you of the synapseless tribe who live in climate change denial) it is more than unreasonable to expect home owners with 1/4 - 1 acre lots to water their yards without a hose bib when stringent use of irrigation systems limitations are in place. It is equally ridiculous to assume that a house replete with all of the amenities known to man would not have at least one exterior hose bib.

My house was built in 1988 and has 6 exterior hose bibs in the supply system and 2 in the irrigation system. It's called convenience. Perhaps they do not have that where you come from . . . ?

Texas Inspector

Aaron,
    Aaaah a true believer. Since I am not a Climatologist nor a Meteorologist I am not in fear of being professionally Black Listed for questioning those that are true believers. I say Black Listed since I know from discussions with those in the field, on both sides of the question, that you have to go along to get along. Dissent is heresy to Climate Change, which is met with the same fervor as the Salem Witch Trials. So your pronouncement "...for you of the synapseless tribe who live in climate change denial..." makes me question your ability to not be climate myopic on the subject as it seems you are a member of the Church of Climate Change. Does it not seem strange that any questions of the data and methods used in developing the position of climate change is met with such harden opposition. You can question religion, God, sex, ethics and just about anything else and you will not be rebuffed as strongly and evangelized by those espousing Climate Change. Al Gore retired (after making millions off the Tent Meetings) leaving his apostles to carry forth the gospel according to AL.

Sorry folks for the thread tangent from the burning issue of exterior hose bibs.

Dennis Webber Guest

Aaron,
    Aaaah a true believer. Since I am not a Climatologist nor a Meteorologist I am not in fear of being professionally Black Listed for questioning those that are true believers. I say Black Listed since I know from discussions with those in the field, on both sides of the question, that you have to go along to get along. Dissent is heresy to Climate Change, which is met with the same fervor as the Salem Witch Trials. So your pronouncement "...for you of the synapseless tribe who live in climate change denial..." makes me question your ability to not be climate myopic on the subject as it seems you are a member of the Church of Climate Change. Does it not seem strange that any questions of the data and methods used in developing the position of climate change is met with such harden opposition. You can question religion, God, sex, ethics and just about anything else and you will not be rebuffed as strongly and evangelized by those espousing Climate Change. Al Gore retired (after making millions off the Tent Meetings) leaving his apostles to carry forth the gospel according to AL.

Sorry folks for the thread tangent from the burning issue of exterior hose bibs.

Wee bit too much hair of the dog, eh Gary?
    (I usually babble like this after my second pitcher....)

Joe Funderburk Guest

I can see informing a client that no exterior bib exists or that there is only one found, its location and if it is working. But why would you "recommend" one be installed?
    For exactly the reason's Mr. Wand stated. http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...112-post6.html

BTW, I also point it out if there is no exterior electrical outlet or if one is not present at a deck or patio or balcony.

makes me question your ability . . .
    Actually, it was you who assumed yourself capable of that.

Does it not seem strange? . . .
    That you would go off half-cocked on a rant about nothing? . . . certainly.

You can question religion, God . . .
    When I did he professed to be an atheist . . .

Texas Inspector

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Webber View Post
    Wee bit too much hair of the dog, eh Gary?
    (I usually babble like this after my second pitcher....)
    And this early in the day . . . no less . . .

Texas Inspector

What do you want from us "...of the synapseless tribe who live in climate change denial...".

Climate Change is not the question, as it has many times. The Purported causes and cures are. Anyone have a Carbon credit to sale ?

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Climate Change is not the question, as it has many times. The Purported causes and cures are. Anyone have a Carbon credit to sale ?
    Al is trying to corner the market. Maybe Scott P. (TN) can hook with him. Or go to Al's house, the one with all of the lights on, to see him unless he is off in his jet.

Cash this one in and spread it around . . .

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Texas Inspector

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Miller View Post
    Open the back gate for the first Trillion Ton Delivery.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)

We'd sell y'all some ice, but it's getting so we gotta drive a long ways to get it.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Al is trying to corner the market. Maybe Scott P. (TN) can hook with him. Or go to Al's house, the one with all of the lights on, to see him unless he is off in his jet.
    The word on the street is that Al Gores house over in Bellemeade (Nashville old money area) has been retrofitted with all LED lighting and solar panels at a cost of couple hundred thousand! Now they only have a $500 a month electric bill on a 9,000+sf home.......

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    The word on the street is that Al Gores house over in Bellemeade (Nashville old money area) has been retrofitted with all LED lighting and solar panels at a cost of couple hundred thousand! Now they only have a $500 a month electric bill on a 9,000+sf home.......
    Is he the one putting the word on the street? May as a result of flack way back over the regular lights he was using. A couple hundred tho (made off of global warming) to save a few bucks and protect the planet, works for me.

Well, I will be waiting to hear that he is using recycled used fryer oil for his jet.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Wow, Al needs a New Roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Miller View Post
    Any you wipe WHAT with that?