Thread: Hot & Cold

Scott Murdock Guest

Default Hot & Cold

Ok, We all know that hot is on the left and cold on the right. What if the control goes forward and backward. Should hot be toward you or away from you as you pull or push the control forward and back?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Scott Murdock; 04-05-2010 at 07:06 PM.
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Hot & Cold

I don't think that's defined in the code..... so it just has to match the labeling on the faucet.

Scott Murdock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fellman View Post
    I don't think that's defined in the code..... so it just has to match the labeling on the faucet.
    There is nothing on the faucet. I couldn't find anything in the code books.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fellman View Post
    so it just has to match the labeling on the faucet.
    That is what is defined in the code.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Murdock View Post
    There is nothing on the faucet.
    There should be something on there to indicate where hot is and where cold is, albeit not always clearly labeled.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Scott Murdock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    That is what is defined in the code.

There should be something on there to indicate where hot is and where cold is, albeit not always clearly labeled.
    I could not find anything. No blue dot or "C". So it must be OK the way it is. Maybe the marking wore off?
    Thank you for the input.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Murdock View Post
    Ok, We all know that hot is on the left and cold on the right. What if the control goes forward and backward. Should hot be toward you or away from you as you pull or push the control forward and back?

If you lay that faucet down it would resemble a kitchen faucet and as it is shown in the picture backwards would be hot. Hot being on left if it were laying down. Honestly though I think just about anyone is going to get twisted up with that faucet at first until they use it the first time and wait for the water to com out. As Jerry said there should be something somewhere on that fauscet to indicate hot and cold or there should have been and the installer did not install it. It could have been a colored ring with the red on the left and blue on right. Being that it is what it is now you should have just noted which direction the hot was in in your report and verbally explained to the client.

Teresa Testarosa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    If you lay that faucet down it would resemble a kitchen faucet and as it is shown in the picture backwards would be hot. Hot being on left if it were laying down. Honestly though I think just about anyone is going to get twisted up with that faucet at first until they use it the first time and wait for the water to com out. As Jerry said there should be something somewhere on that fauscet to indicate hot and cold or there should have been and the installer did not install it. It could have been a colored ring with the red on the left and blue on right. Being that it is what it is now you should have just noted which direction the hot was in in your report and verbally explained to the client.
    Thanks for the information...

chris mcintyre Guest

Should hot be toward you or away from you as you pull or push the control forward and back?

I think that forward should be the cold, because a small child would almost certainly pull the handle forward to turn on the water.