Default AZ- where we do things our way...

Hi all,
    I have been lurking here for a few days now, gotten aquainted with a few of you, and thought I should share some background, just so y'all don't think I know it all...
    I have been in the lath and plaster trades most of my adult life(25+years) but need to qualify that as all in Arizona. I know, I know, I'm not qualified to pontificate on problems in other locales, and I'll keep my opinions qualified as "limited regional experience".
    I am currently employed as a Estimator/PM for a medium sized Subcontractor specializing in production home building in the greater Phoenix area. I do have extensive knowledge of 2 & 3-coat plaster, metal stud framing & drywall, hold an EIMA card for EIFS, and have a great deal of commercial and residential experience with all stucco systems. I pride myself in keeping up on the latest code info as well as current industry info and new methods and products.(CAUTION! Qualifying statement follows!) Having said all that, I do not profess to be an expert, or even recommend anyone taking anything I say to the bank, so to speak. Just a industry professional who might be able to help out occassionally. I'll try to address all answers as succinctly as possible, given the medium used here (two finger hunt-and-peck...) Hopefully I can be of service and not hinderance.
    I have been exploring learning more about home inspections and so have begun the process of qualifying for membership in your august organization. I was quite pleased to score a 78 on my first run through the exam going in cold (Gee, maybe I know some stuff after all). Anyway, glad to be here, see my post on fire rated eaves, and if you have some input it would be greatly appreciated.
    See you in the funny papers.
    j.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: AZ- where we do things our way...

I have been exploring learning more about home inspections and so have begun the process of qualifying for membership in your august organization. I was quite pleased to score a 78 on my first run through the exam going in cold

John..

Just curious. What/ who is the august organization?

..au-gust', you know, imposing, impressive, grand, majestic, dignified, noble, eminent, humble...come to think of it, after reading some of the posts about the lawsuit settlement, maybe I should retract that...

Quote Originally Posted by John Carroll View Post
    ..au-gust', you know, imposing, impressive, grand, majestic, dignified, noble, eminent, humble...come to think of it, after reading some of the posts about the lawsuit settlement, maybe I should retract that...
    I thought that was it..

If you have a chance feel free to check out Arizona ASHI Home Inspections, Statewide Arizona
    We have at least 4 annual seminars that are open to all inspectors, and the general public that are considering this profession.

One of the most popular ones are the "inspect a house" where 75-100 inspectors inspect a home, after the inspection they get together to discuss their findings and how they would report them.

In addition to the 4 seminars we have bi monthly week day/ evening 1-2 hr informal mini seminars that all are welcome to attend to learn from each other, share HI war stories, as well as gaining information on getting started and succeding in this profession.

I think you will agree the members there are professional and reprensent our profession to the liking of the public, along with most professional inspectors, new or experienced..

Thanks, I'll do that