Juan Irwin Guest

Default Inspectors Needed

My name is Juan A. Irwin
    I'm Vendor Relations Liaison for Assurant Property Advantage, a division of Assurant Inc., a Fortune 500 company. Assurant Property Advantage currently is complying loss draft / preservation inspectors for our operation centers and clients who have experienced a claim and need an inspection. I'm doing some research to find inspectors. We are currently trying to expand our vendor network throughout the United States. Please let me know if you perform these specific inspections and if you would like to discuss the opportunity further, I can send additional documentation and instructions related to these services as needed.

Assurant Expands Support for Nationwide Property Preservation Services

Thank you.
    Juan A. Irwin
    Vendor Relations Liaison
    Assurant Property Advantage
    2975 Breckinridge Blvd.
    Duluth,Ga.30096
    678-459-6612 Direct
    678-459-6999 Fax
    juan.irwin@assurant.com
    www.AssurantPropertyAdvantage.com
    AACE & GACE Member

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Inspectors Needed

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Irwin View Post
    My name is Juan A. Irwin
    I'm Vendor Relations Liaison for Assurant Property Advantage, a division of Assurant Inc., a Fortune 500 company. Assurant Property Advantage currently is complying loss draft / preservation inspectors for our operation centers and clients who have experienced a claim and need an inspection. I'm doing some research to find inspectors. We are currently trying to expand our vendor network throughout the United States. Please let me know if you perform these specific inspections and if you would like to discuss the opportunity further, I can send additional documentation and instructions related to these services as needed.
    I'm sure everyone would like to know what the pay scale is for this type of inspection work. Would you please share with us what you company pays it's inspectors.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Juan Irwin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    I'm sure everyone would like to know what the pay scale is for this type of inspection work. Would you please share with us what you company pays it's inspectors.
    Is this how everyone is welcomed? I was an inspector for 20+ years, in city government.This is a great way to have contact with other Inspectors, but to have someone to send this to me for reaching out to folks that may want to work, make money, and helping people. So please read what was sent to me...

Dear Juan Irwin,

Scott Patterson has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Inspectors Needed - in the Introductions By New Members forum of InspectionNews - Home Inspection.

This thread is located at:
    http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...-new-post.html

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

------------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    Hann Tech Marketing Links
    Helping Inspectors Succeed Since 1997TM

Scott,
    Depending on the location within the United States the most we have paid has been $260.00.. Always remember " it takes slices to make a loaf."

Is this how everyone is welcomed? I was an inspector for 20+ years, in city government.This is a great way to have contact with other Inspectors, but to have someone to send this to me for reaching out to folks that may want to work, make money, and helping people. So please read what was sent to me...

Dear Juan Irwin,

Scott Patterson has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Inspectors Needed - in the Introductions By New Members forum of InspectionNews - Home Inspection.

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

------------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan

Scott,
    Depending on the location within the United States the most we have paid has been $260.00.. Always remember " it takes slices to make a loaf."
    Thank you for replying with the information...

What is wrong with the reply you received? I see nothing wrong with it, I think it setup that way to help prevent spammers from sending junk.

Welcome to the discussion board! Sounds like you are a sensitive individual, this board as many others can be like a wild ride from time to time but it sure is a good way to learn.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Juan Irwin Guest

Thank you for replying with the information...

What is wrong with the reply you received? I see nothing wrong with it, I think it setup that way to help prevent spammers from sending junk.

Welcome to the discussion board! Sounds like you are a sensitive individual, this board as many others can be like a wild ride from time to time but it sure is a good way to learn.
    Sensitve.. no. I try to be open and friendly, Not demanding. As an inspector I've learned working with someone is much easier than making them feel pushed. Communication is the best tool. Maybe I did misunderstand the intention. Have a great day

A city inspector is vastly different from a home inspector. An insurance inspector is also likley to be vastly different.

The fee you quoted as a maximun would be typically be considered low price, cost cutter, bottom basement fee for a home inspection.

Maybe if you could explain what level your inspection meets, it might better explain the fee. For instance a 4-point inspection takes less time and less reporting so is usually cheaper than a full home inspection. Commonly home inspections take anywhere from 2-5 hours onsite.

While you may feel the fee your company is offering is reasonable, home inspectors typically charge $350-$600 per inspection for a typical 3-4 bdrm home.

Alternately, if you are offering contract or part-time work that could fill empty slots in a home inspectors schedule for a short duration inspection for a reasonable fee, you may get quite a few applicants.

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

[QUOTE=Juan Irwin;174671]My name is Juan A. Irwin

<clipped>

Hello Juan,
    Your company may be different and I don't wish to brand you as a cut-rate operation without knowing what you require or what you will pay for this work. Now you know why there might have been a backlash to your post.

You have touched on a sore point for many inspectors. Once burned, twice shy. There are many, many companies out there that offer this type of work and an unacceptably low pay rate. $5.00 for a drive-by with pictures, $20 if you actually get out of the truck and talk to the resident etc. These are usually spread all over hell and gone and one burns more gas to do them than they make in return. Basically, its work that could be done by almost anyone with a drivers license and the sense to operate a point-and-shoot digital camera.

An experienced home inspector gets anywhere from $350 to $500 for a 3-4 hour, in-depth inspection. They also have expenses that are consistent with their responsibility in this very litigious field. They are not interested in the quick and dirty job. We consider ourselves to be "professionals" and have many years of experience in the building trades. Typically, this type of work is more suited to a checklist filler that has little or no real experience.

It really depends on the work required and the pay offered for the work.
    The results and validity of the inspection are closely related to the quality of inspector you will pull in based on the pay scale.

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Juan Irwin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Ramsey View Post
    A city inspector is vastly different from a home inspector. An insurance inspector is also likley to be vastly different.

The fee you quoted as a maximun would be typically be considered low price, cost cutter, bottom basement fee for a home inspection.

Maybe if you could explain what level your inspection meets, it might better explain the fee. For instance a 4-point inspection takes less time and less reporting so is usually cheaper than a full home inspection. Commonly home inspections take anywhere from 2-5 hours onsite.

While you may feel the fee your company is offering is reasonable, home inspectors typically charge $350-$600 per inspection for a typical 3-4 bdrm home.

Alternately, if you are offering contract or part-time work that could fill empty slots in a home inspectors schedule for a short duration inspection for a reasonable fee, you may get quite a few applicants.

Bruce Wow,
    I remember those days of $350 - $600 per, but the economy I see is saying properties aren't selling like they were before. That is saying that inspection pricing can't be the same, because that luxury isn't there like it was before, but when you get one take it FOR SURE. Yes a city inspectors job is different in task from day to day from a home inspector's, but if you've had the right training and certification: ICC, IICRC, AACE , so and so on ; an inspector can make an inspection. Please believe me there are inspections that need to be done. They may not pay like we all were use to getting but it is and will be work for those who want it.

JAIrwin

Ted Menelly Guest

Gees

I am moving to Colorado, the Carolinas' or Southern Cal. With a minimum of 350 I would be quite happy. Instead of 50 over what everyone else around here I would be a 100 over and be working *and* making much less

Last edited by Ted Menelly; 08-08-2011 at 04:48 PM.

welcome juan

but economy is one thing--but good inspectors is another. my prices have increased over the last four years. and business hasn't slowed

cvf

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIE VAN FLEET View Post
    welcome juan

but economy is one thing--but good inspectors is another. my prices have increased over the last four years. and business hasn't slowed

cvf

Being a Realtors Inspector means nothing Charlie other than being able to get inspections handed to you and being able to hold your prices higher. There is absolutely no competition for comparison. Make the Realtor happy and you have nothing to contend with (other than another inspector smiling a little harder). That is the absolutely only good thing about being a Realtors Inspector.

I am approached constantly Charlie for cards and info after every single inspection that I do for my clients. From the Realtors, not just my clients. The clients rave endlessly. I live on their referrals. They tell their Realtors what a great job, so attentive etc etc etc and I suck it all in because I strive for that (making my clients happy with the best job that could be expected, plus). As soon as I start hearing what is involved in being The Realtors Inspector and then I tell them what is involved in being a Home Inspectors Realtor the lights go back out and they continue using their boys (or girls. not to many of them around).

Did you notice how those last two red highlights differ.

Oh wait. That thread died a long time ago and should not be brought back up.

Sorry Charlie. Forget everything I just said. I certainly don't want that last thread repeated.

Have a good evening. Did I tell you what a sweet heart of a guy you are lately.

ted
    SENT YOU A PERSONNAL REPLY--BECAUSE YOU ARE SUCH A FLAME THROWING ASS--YOU KNOW IT AND SO DO A LOT OF INSPECTORS ON THIS SITE--YOU DON'T TAKE AGENT REFERRALS--YES YOU DO--NO I DON'T YES I DO BUT--BUT ONLY WHEN I CAN'T GET A JOB--JERK

CVF

I agree with Scott, but would like to add that if you do not feel comfortable sharing them within this thread, you could send the information to anyone that is interested.

I am also curious about the answer to Scotts question.

Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Dear Juan Irwin,

------------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan

Scott,
    That is the standard alert in knowing that someone responded to a thread you have either started or replied to.

I am sure you have received more but in case not this is what you should get every time. It mirrors what you received.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Dear Ted Menelly,

Brian T Bennett has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Careful in those crawl spaces! - in the Environmental, Pests, Health and Safety: Home Inspection and Commercial Inspection forum of InspectionNews - Home Inspection.

------------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan

Bruce Wow,
    I remember those days of $350 - $600 per, but the economy I see is saying properties aren't selling like they were before. That is saying that inspection pricing can't be the same, because that luxury isn't there like it was before, but when you get one take it FOR SURE. Yes a city inspectors job is different in task from day to day from a home inspector's, but if you've had the right training and certification: ICC, IICRC, AACE , so and so on ; an inspector can make an inspection. Please believe me there are inspections that need to be done. They may not pay like we all were use to getting but it is and will be work for those who want it.

JAIrwin
    I wont leave the house for less than $400. We stay pretty busy here in CA.
    Juan, send me a PM with some info... i want to see what this is all about. Thanks

Joe Suelter Guest

$10 to do a "drive-by" inspection. You'd be lucky to get me out of bed for ten lousy dollars.

$20 for a "complete inspection". I didn't even get to the part about what was to be inspected, I was trying very hard not to stop breathing from laughter. I really had to concentrate on that!

Thanks Juan, for the generous offer, but even though things are a little slow right now, I'll just keep plugging away. What I'm wondering though, why on earth would you expect anyone to take that kind of money seriously? Even with today's piss-poor economy? The blood bank downtown offers more money than that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Suelter View Post
    $10 to do a "drive-by" inspection. You'd be lucky to get me out of bed for ten lousy dollars.

$20 for a "complete inspection". I didn't even get to the part about what was to be inspected, I was trying very hard not to stop breathing from laughter. I really had to concentrate on that!

Thanks Juan, for the generous offer, but even though things are a little slow right now, I'll just keep plugging away. What I'm wondering though, why on earth would you expect anyone to take that kind of money seriously? Even with today's piss-poor economy? The blood bank downtown offers more money than that!!!
    Joe, are those numbers for real?

Joe Suelter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    Joe, are those numbers for real?
    Unfortunately, yes. I just opened his "packet" of information. I wasn't hoping for much, and was not let down.

I am just starting out in this industry on my own. I am working day and night building this business into something I can be proud of. I was simply looking for something to fill in the blanks, but this clearly isn't that! I'm not sure why it was posted here, he'd be better off standing in front of Home Depot flagging down day laborers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Suelter View Post
    Unfortunately, yes. I just opened his "packet" of information. I wasn't hoping for much, and was not let down.

I am just starting out in this industry on my own. I am working day and night building this business into something I can be proud of. I was simply looking for something to fill in the blanks, but this clearly isn't that! I'm not sure why it was posted here, he'd be better off standing in front of Home Depot flagging down day laborers.
    What Joe posted is so common. The fees that these "jobbers" pay is pretty much the same that they paid 15-20 years ago. If the inspector is getting $20 then the jobber is most likely charging their client $40 to $50.

They will always be able to find a person that is willing to do this type of work for the fee that they offer, this is why they keep the fees low.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ya, I looked at his packet as well. Hope springs eternal!
    The usual bottom feeder prices.

Man, is this guy fishing in the wrong pond!!

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

I think some of you do not have a understanding of business.

This type of inspections can be very profitable if you look at it as a business opportunity. And not as I'm too good to work for 10 bucks.

Juan please send me a packet Thanks

Last edited by Mitchell Captain; 08-11-2011 at 08:41 AM. Reason: add

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Captain View Post
    I think some of you do not have a understanding of business.

This type of inspections can be very profitable if you look at it as a business opportunity. And not as I'm too good to work for 10 bucks.

Juan please send me a packet Thanks
    So, just say 10 dollars or even 20 dollars. Run all day burning gas running all over hell and back using a small fortune in gas and your time and you make how much using all the wear and tear on you vehicle. the insurance and gas on the vehicle. Your insurance. Your liability etc etc etc etc and you make how much after all the expenses.

That is like saying home depot or someone like that offers you 10 hours a week part time with a couple hours here and there and all the running back and forth to the place burning up your time and gas. They pay you what? maybe 10.00 and hour. By the time you ran back and forth you double the time spent working part time. Now you are down to 5 dollars and hour for your time and then your gas and the deductible for someone hitting your car in the parking lot.

You just washed out of that 100 a week. Oh yeah .... taxes

Juan Irwin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    So, just say 10 dollars or even 20 dollars. Run all day burning gas running all over hell and back using a small fortune in gas and your time and you make how much using all the wear and tear on you vehicle. the insurance and gas on the vehicle. Your insurance. Your liability etc etc etc etc and you make how much after all the expenses.

That is like saying home depot or someone like that offers you 10 hours a week part time with a couple hours here and there and all the running back and forth to the place burning up your time and gas. They pay you what? maybe 10.00 and hour. By the time you ran back and forth you double the time spent working part time. Now you are down to 5 dollars and hour for your time and then your gas and the deductible for someone hitting your car in the parking lot.

I'm at work and I get these alerts on my email from this site. And all I get are a bunch of guys complaining about the offer of work. Being called a " jobber", while they setting home sending emails... " HOMERS " .Guys setting home watching soap operas. Get real.

Since the housing meltdown, nearly 3 million households have become renters. At least 3 million more are expected by 2015, according to census data analyzed by Harvard's Joint Center for Housing Studies and The Associated Press.

Read something that's real and stop being part of a soap opera. Some men work, some talk about work. Which are you. "Homer"

While Juan's offer may not be for everyone, I'm glad he has offered it to the group here at IN.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Juan, I must give you credit; if nothing else you have me laughing. But you are right. Some guys are sitting at home doing nothing, and some are out inspecting, while others are at home writing reports or doing something else productive. For those who have nothing, what you offer may be better than nothing... but no more.

I tried an outfit like yours once, while I was doing work for 1-2 other similar companies that had steady work, better pay, but not much better. I also did my own inspections. Although I love inspecting, I was beginning to hate it. It was degrading. My time and labor in the field... the expenses... the time spent doing the reports... and most important; my intellect being given away for such little renumeration made me very unhappy. I pay the guy who carries my ladder more.

I am an inspector because I enjoy being an inspector, and am proud of what I do. The day I stop enjoying being an inspector, or proud of what I do is the day I stop inspecting.

I am sure that there may be be folks that are fine with the amount paid... everybody has their reasons. Different things work for different people.

There are companies out there that offer better.

If I was into bicycling I would probably be interested, this way I could have fun, and make a few bucks at the same time. Hey! Thats not a bad idea. Let me know if you try it... really.

I owe you for making me laugh again.

By the way, I agree that it is nice that you posted here.

Ted Menelly Guest

I'm at work and I get these alerts on my email from this site. And all I get are a bunch of guys complaining about the offer of work. Being called a " jobber", while they setting home sending emails... " HOMERS " .Guys setting home watching soap operas. Get real.

Since the housing meltdown, nearly 3 million households have become renters. At least 3 million more are expected by 2015, according to census data analyzed by Harvard's Joint Center for Housing Studies and The Associated Press.

Read something that's real and stop being part of a soap opera. Some men work, some talk about work. Which are you. "Homer"
    Funny. I am at work with a break in-between reading about you reading about guys complaining and the soap opera thing and reading you saying to read something better. You must admit. That whole ramble of yours was pretty interesting seeing how you are doing the same thing getting notices and reading.g them.

Now, as far as the 10.00 an hour being offered or at the most 20, it is pretty insulting considering the company in making 2 1//2 to 5 times more than that.

I think Steve had it right. re-read his pist. Everything he said was spot on.

Just Think. Gas is still in the mid threes, insurance keeps going up. Tires more expensive etc. And you don't find it insulting for a man to want to roll a handsome profit off of another inspectors down times with him knowing quite well someone is bad off enough for him to take advantage of. Run all day and when he is done does not make **** and has the wear and tear on himself, camera, vehicle all to boot and put out all the money for gas, food, drink and a number of other expenses. I think folks like that that take advantage of the misery of others should be brought to the town square and flogged.

Just and opinion and observation, mind you

Forgive screwed up words as the phone picks its own at times.

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Turetsky View Post
    I am an inspector because I enjoy being an inspector, and am proud of what I do. The day I stop enjoying being an inspector, or proud of what I do is the day I stop inspecting.

Steve,

Agreed. I've been approaching the thin edge of enjoyment this past year with many clients and their unrealistic expectations driven by the economy or their background or their zoid who is only worried about the commission check.

Very good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Kienitz View Post
    ... or their zoid who is only worried about the commission check.
    Shhh... you'll wake the baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post

OK let us take a real life example I can do 80 inspections a day @10 dollars a pop That 800 dollars a day now to do the 80 inspection I travel 150 miles and I get 35mpg that's That a whopping $17 dollars in gas. Let see I now made 783 dollars in 8 hrs for a per hour of 97.85. And if I was crazy enough I could do this 7 day a week for a total of 5481 a week. Now I'm sure all of you make more than that.

Well I don't work seven days a week doing drive bys now but when I started I did. I then realized I could hire people even less smart than me and I would make a profit off then and I did.

I now do drive by twice week and do as many regular home inspections as I care to do.

Just for info I have grown $10 inspection to almost $1,000,000 a year. And hopefully Juan will push me over the Million mark.

I would end with two thoughts one for the guy that wouldn't get out of bed for 10 bucks consider this a wake call.
    And for all you home inspector that care about you clients there is no better feeling than looking at a realtor and knowing that you could care less about her concerns to sell the house and all you care about are your clients.

Getting these types of inspections give you the independence, the freedom, the emancipation from house sales people.

Last edited by Mitchell Captain; 08-11-2011 at 08:13 PM. Reason: spell

Michael, in an eight hr day, how do you drive 150 mi, apx 4hrs, and do 80 inspections [ 20 per hr] and summit a report in the other 4 hrs. per day?

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Ted Menelly Guest

A million s year and you still do inspections

What ever floats your boat.

And the 150 miles a day and 80 inspections in that circle a day and they never run out. Like I said...... what ever

Good luck to you

Joe Suelter Guest

Mitchell, I see your point.

But, be realistic, he probably will use you more like 2 times a month...and I'm being generous. That's $20 for your $17 in gas...assuming you weren't already in the field. If you were in the field already, and close by, sure, you might walk away with $10-$15 for a couple if minutes of your time. 10 drive by's in a day? It can be done before lunch...but the work has to be there. His opening sentence to me was that there was no work, but he was told it was coming soon. That threw up red flags in my book. If this money and opportunity is so great, why is he just now looking for "inspectors"?

I, like you, thought about it for a minute. Then reality set in when I saw the compensation. I find it insulting to the industry, and to myself as a person. I did say I wouldn't get out of bed for $10, and I surely stand by that. My time and investment is simply worth 10 times that amount, I don't care how "quick" I can make a buck.

Hopefully, you can make some decent money from him and get your inspection count up...I certainly wish you the best. It's just not for me.

Last edited by Joe Suelter; 08-11-2011 at 08:37 PM. Reason: edit

It is very obvious that you guys have not a clue as to what is entailed in these type of inspections nor the time to do them or report them.

My drive by inspections take one minute or less. That is an inspection to determine if the property is occupied, vacant , damages, needs maintenance etc.
    When I first went out in the field I was doing 25 to 30 a day. I learned how to route my inspection, how to report them and how to submit them, it is a process. No I wont give out my secret but most of you can figure it out.

Yes if I get one or two inspections a month that's fine with me because I have 8-10 inspectors in the field. And they love it. Why because most of them make a good living off me.

I kinda like doing loss mitigation inspection because it uses our skill as an inspector. In loss mits we are detective try to find out if the property owner repaired his damaged property it may sound easy but it aint.

I was where you guys are. It's not for everybody and in rural areas it's a bummer. Ask question - get answer - ask question- make an informed decision

As to working I don't have to,I don't have do drive bys and or whole home inspections. I have built it up so that I could just be a boss but that no fun no adrenalin. I can do what I want and I always loved helping people by doing home inspections.

Joe Suelter Guest

I didn't know we were with such royalty! lol

As long as it works for you, keep at it. The adrenaline rush from a drive by inspection has to be exhilarating!

Juan Irwin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fidel gonzales View Post
    Scott, THANK You for stating what’s everyone is thinking put didn't say so. Totally agree with your statement.
    Well guys, I would like to Thank the Inspectors that signed up with Assurant Property Advantage to handle Inspections as well as Property Preservation Inspections. We at Assurant Property Advantage, signed up Inspectors in 23 states. These Inspectors are just for one client. We forecast over 14,000 inspections in these 23 states. This work has just started in Hawaii, Colorado and Alabama with more to come.
    Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen for Inspecting the possibilities of thinking outside the box.
    Thank you,
    Juan A. Irwin
    Vendor Relations Liaison
    Assurant Property Advantage
    2975 Breckinridge Blvd.
    Duluth,Ga.30096
    678-459-6612 Direct
    678-459-6999 Fax
    juan.irwin@assurant.com
    www.AssurantPropertyAdvantage.com
    AACE & GACE Member
    IICRC Certified

Bruce Wow,

JAIrwin
    Our minimum is $350. Our average is $450. In contrast, however, there are guys that will do my $350 for $199

Juan Irwin Guest

Our minimum is $350. Our average is $450. In contrast, however, there are guys that will do my $350 for $199

Okay!

I did some of these when we started our business in Colorado 10 years ago. They were a PITA because they were never in the same area, they wanted a quick turnaround and the website that you had to input the data into was a piece of shXt.

If your retired and have nothing better to do than watch TV, its not a bad gig. However if trying to run a inspection business your time is better spent marketing yourself and getting $400 inspections.

//Rick

Rick Bunzel
    WWW.PacCrestInspections.com
    360-588-6956

Funny, I just did the same type of inspection for $50. It came through the draw inspection company I receive regular work from. Not a whole lot but in slow times it at least pays for my expenses plus my phone bills (cell & office). Sorry dude. I'm not desperate enough & don't plan to be. I started in the market collapse and built my way up. I don't hang out at realtor offices with doughnuts & brownies either.

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Juan Irwin,

Instead of complaining about having received generic email notifications to your subscribed topic (thread) discussions, simply change your profile (user CP link) settings, and unsubscribe to your own topic discussion.

Those notifications are automatically generated when "activity" occurs on discussions to which you are subscribed due to your "user" and "profile" settings (which you control). They were not sent individually by those who posted responses to your discussion.

There is an "employment" opportunities topic area of the forum.

Sub-contractor property "checks"/visits/verifiers/reporters, "door hangers", etc. on behalf of mortgage servicers and insurance underwriters rarely pay well. The more middle-men in the chain, the lesser the actual "property checker/reporter/verifier provider gets paid. Referring to same as "inspections" or "inspectors" or comparing them to "professional home inspections" or implying an employment opportunity for professional home inspectors, when what your offering is neither; in this venue is going to raise some eyebrows and draw some fire. As far as "vendor relations" or for that matter potential "vendor relations" - and your sample performance herein ... !!!

At least the pizza delivery guy has a shot at receiving a tip in addition to a per-delivery minimal fee cash-in-hand at the end of the day, assuming he/she is driving the resturant-supplied, maintained & fueled vehicle; you're using OPM and not covering the wear & tear on the start/stop of a vehicle, Cost of Business let alone the time.

You can review the forum FAQs and change your "user control panel" and profile settings. If you have questions as to how to accomplish there is a "HELP" topic section of the forum.

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 09-24-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Juan Irwin Guest

Okay! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by H.G. Watson, Sr. View Post
    Juan Irwin,

Instead of complaining about having received generic email notifications to your subscribed topic (thread) discussions, simply change your profile (user CP link) settings, and unsubscribe to your own topic discussion.

Those notifications are automatically generated when "activity" occurs on discussions to which you are subscribed due to your "user" and "profile" settings (which you control). They were not sent individually by those who posted responses to your discussion.

There is an "employment" opportunities topic area of the forum.

Sub-contractor property "checks"/visits/verifiers/reporters, "door hangers", etc. on behalf of mortgage servicers and insurance underwriters rarely pay well. The more middle-men in the chain, the lesser the actual "property checker/reporter/verifier provider gets paid. Referring to same as "inspections" or "inspectors" or comparing them to "professional home inspections" or implying an employment opportunity for professional home inspectors, when what your offering is neither; in this venue is going to raise some eyebrows and draw some fire. As far as "vendor relations" or for that matter potential "vendor relations" - and your sample performance herein ... !!!

At least the pizza delivery guy has a shot at receiving a tip in addition to a per-delivery minimal fee cash-in-hand at the end of the day, assuming he/she is driving the resturant-supplied, maintained & fueled vehicle; you're using OPM and not covering the wear & tear on the start/stop of a vehicle, Cost of Business let alone the time.

You can review the forum FAQs and change your "user control panel" and profile settings. If you have questions as to how to accomplish there is a "HELP" topic section of the forum.

Juan Irwin Guest

Okay! Thanks.
    Okay, Thanks.

Ken Bates Guest

Right off the bat, I want to thank Dana Bostick for his awesome aphorism (political correctness.)

As a Quid Pro I offer this one: (which is germane and timely) <politicians are like contraceptives; they give you a feeling of security while you’re being screwed!!>

I have done some construction “draw” inspections for banks. Anywhere from $50 to $150 but I never accepted any that necessitated more than 4 miles of driving.

I liked a weekly 2 mile drive because I met with an extremely knowledgeable GC managing a high end mansion erection and picked up facts about cutting edge construction and materials.

A church renovation for $150 turned sour because of the bank officer.

My favorite was just for $50 to see if all the equipment for a Pizza and Sandwich shop was actually installed. The location was within walking distance from my office.
    The best part was that the proprietors gave me two (2) Pizzas to take home.

Now if all the inspections came with samples (e.g. Pizzas, free marble countertops,
    ceramic tiles, Toto toilets, etc.) then I would readily accept inspections of Bordellos.

Ken Bates
    Awesome inspections provided by a top level member of The American Society of Home Inspectors ASHI

Last edited by Ken Bates; 09-28-2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: simple typo

Juan Irwin Guest

Thumbs up Re: Inspectors Needed

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bates View Post
    Right off the bat, I want to thank Dana Bostick for his awesome aphorism (political correctness.)

As a Quid Pro I offer this one: (which is germane and timely) <politicians are like contraceptives; they give you a feeling of security while you’re being screwed!!>

I have done some construction “draw” inspections for banks. Anywhere from $50 to $150 but I never accepted any that necessitated more than 4 miles of driving.

I liked a weekly 2 mile drive because I met with an extremely knowledgeable GC managing a high end mansion erection and picked up facts about cutting edge construction and materials.

A church renovation for $150 turned sour because of the bank officer.

My favorite was just for $50 to see if all the equipment for a Pizza and Sandwich shop was actually installed. The location was within walking distance from my office.
    The best part was that the proprietors gave me two (2) Pizzas to take home.

Now if all the inspections came with samples (e.g. Pizzas, free marble countertops,
    ceramic tiles, Toto toilets, etc.) then I would readily accept inspections of Bordellos.

Ken Bates
    Awesome inspections provided by a top level member of The American Society of Home Inspectors ASHI
    Good one

Hi Marc Just wondering where in California are you that your minimum is $350 and you can still get work? We have guys here in SoCal that offer the same cheapies and are watering down the market and eating up so many inspections that legitimate proffesionals find it hard to get new clients. I had an RE agent tell me "I have a guy who will do ANY SIZE house anywhere for $250. Can you beat that price?" (btw, I gave him my thoughts on that, as you can imagine)
    Thanks for not caving in and lowering your prices or your standards. Keep up the good work.