Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!

I have an 11:30am inspection I should be at right now but can't because I can't find my friggin' car keys. I remember coming up our walkway last night with them and now I can't find them anywhere. And my wife has the only spare key on here key chain and she's 30 miles away at work.

Rescheduled for tomorrow.

Sigh........

OREP Insurance
    "It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Default Re: Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!

I don't have them.
    Did you look in your pockets?

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

I've looked in every silly place I can think. The only possible place I can think where they might be now is outside buried somewhere beneath the 3+ inches of snow we got last night.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

Your not going to find them on here for sure.

rick

I have a spare key attached to my truck, also spare keys for all vehicles on a hook next to the back door.

I thought I might have your keys, but turned out I didn't. Sorry.

nick

girlfriends purse--you devil

cvf

They have these things that I see Realtors using all the time called "Lockboxes" which may be a good idea for you. Have you seen them in your area?

The thing that is so aggravating about this is they went missing somewhere between my driveway and my kitchen and I know they're around here somewhere. I always throw my wallet, keys,and cell phone in the same spot on top of the microwave. They're going to show up somewhere soon. This is driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    I always throw my wallet, keys,and cell phone in the same spot on top of the microwave.
    Behind the microwave ...

I saw a gadget once which you put on your key chain, it was like a car remote door opener, only the receiver was on the key chain - press the button and the receiver on the key chain would go beep-beep-beep-beep ... but it's been many years since I've seen that thing advertised.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I've found several sets of rusty keys in crawl spaces over the years.... I could still smell the frustration lingering

I never understood why anyone would take keys into a crawl space in the first place ???

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Behind the microwave ...

I saw a gadget once which you put on your key chain, it was like a car remote door opener, only the receiver was on the key chain - press the button and the receiver on the key chain would go beep-beep-beep-beep ... but it's been many years since I've seen that thing advertised.
    Believe me Jerry, I've looked there twice already. I've looked inside our son's schoolbag, the refrigerator, the freezer, the trash can (twice), the oven, I tried scanning the snow in our backyard with a metal detector.

Driving me batty.

Maybe the listing broker of that house came over and took them
    they know every dirty little trick

That story put my day in perspective! You really don't have a spare set of keys and you are telling all of us!
    Think magnetic key box!

I was doing an inspection not too long ago in the pouring rain and left the keys in the truck. For some queer reason, when I walked away from the truck the doors locked themselves. It was probably a pretty comical scene with me with a coat hangar trying to fish the keys from the front seat from the back window in the pouring rain. I did eventually get them.

Ted Menelly Guest

I have a dark brown leather couch. My remote has a black back on it. The rim of my glasses even though narrow is black. Ny remote for the car is black. I walk by my couch in the dark in the morning right after I just put those items down and for the life of me I never see them. One is always looking for something to stand out.

I have been know to, yes I do, look for my glasses and , well, you know where they are. On top of my head. It is called thinking ahead ten steps trying to get out the door in the morning and damn if something cannot be found. Right in front of your face. The harder you look the more frustrated one gets, the more lost the item becomes.

God forbid if it is your wallet. After looking for a short time you start thinking of your license, credit card and anything that may be in it that needs to be replaced and...the more lost it gets.

The first thing I would do when I got a new car was hide a key on it. I drove this lesson home to my kids by giving them “The Big Fish Eye” when they would lock themselves out, usually because they had not put it back the last time they used it.

But now the keys cost $200 - $300 to have made, and they are too big to keep in your wallet. I sure don’t understand the cost. Dealerships must think they are protecting cutting edge technology, even though you can by Bluetooh devices all day long for under $20. I sure am glad we saved them from bankruptcy!

If you really want to play hide-and-seek, have the grandkids over for the day and see how long it takes to find the remote.

The beatings will continue until morale has improved. mgt.

I bet the wife picked them up.

Don Burbach Guest

Smile Re: Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!

Nick, you're at the first stage of senility.

The second stage of senility is when you find the keys and you can't remember what they are for.

I am so absent minded, I'm amazed I can do an inspection; luckily but I go into some sort of very focused state when I am doing the job...

... but, I gotta' get there....

... and back, so...

Two exterior doors at the house with electronic combination locks (in case one fails).
    One a full set of keys to everything in the floor safe (electronic combination lock).
    One spare (flat metal) car key hidden at the exterior of the vehicle.
    One spare (flat metal) car key in my wallet.
    One spare (flat metal) car key tucked behind a flap in my tool bag.

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Two exterior doors at the house with electronic combination locks (in case one fails).
    One a full set of keys to everything in the floor safe (electronic combination lock).
    One spare (flat metal) car key hidden at the exterior of the vehicle.
    One spare (flat metal) car key in my wallet.
    One spare (flat metal) car key tucked behind a flap in my tool bag.

Let me guess, your password is BR549 or 8675309

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Ron Bibler Guest

Check the cat box

Best

Ron

FOUND EM!!!!!!

I was just outside throwing snowballs to our dog when I looked over by the downspout and......there they were, sitting on top of our son's plastic picnic table. Once I saw them, I remembered jamming the elbow and extension back onto the downspout on Monday evening when I got home from my inspection. It was warm enough the past couple days to melt the snow that was covering them.

Ron Bibler Guest

The Keys and the wallet are the 2 things we will misplace from time to time.

I have had a rule for many years now.

Ron's Rule # 207 Never set anything on the bumper of one of my trucks

And yet i was unhooking the trailer a few months back and I sat the keys on the bumper and I was thinking Ron don't set the keys on the bumper... It's only for a few seconds. A few hours later I got into the truck with the wifes keys and off i went. thats was the last i saw of that set of keys. it had the keys to both Harley's, both truck, and the wife Mini Couper, the house and the Garage. and all the pad locks around the place...

Dang... Never set keys on my bumper...

bEST

rON

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    The Keys and the wallet are the 2 things we will misplace from time to time.

I have had a rule for many years now.

Ron's Rule # 207 Never set anything on the bumper of one of my trucks

And yet i was unhooking the trailer a few months back and I sat the keys on the bumper and I was thinking Ron don't set the keys on the bumper... It's only for a few seconds. A few hours later I got into the truck with the wifes keys and off i went. thats was the last i saw of that set of keys. it had the keys to both Harley's, both truck, and the wife Mini Couper, the house and the Garage. and all the pad locks around the place...

Dang... Never set keys on my bumper...

bEST

rON
    Ron, hopefully the guy that found all your keys doesn't lurk here.

My '97 Ford used to lock itself if it was left idling with the doors shut. Always have spare keys. One time, I was rushing to catch a ferry, miss that and you loose a whole hour, started the truck, saw some building supplies I'd forgotten to throw out of the back, jumped out, closing the door cause it's raining, climbed into the back, click, click, the doors are locked!! I got spare keys up on the frame at the back, she's parked right over a big muddy puddle! Run to get a tarp, house keys are on the keychain in the truck! Man, I hated thAT TRUCK.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

Ted Williams Guest

Once on a quick beach trip, I lost the keys to my Firebird, with the T-Tops in the trunk and a hurricane coming. You should've seen the orange foam oozing out the steering column after the storm. Don't believe the car ever really forgave me for that.

Ron, I did the exact same thing, only with my cell phone. I hated that phone, and it might have been a subconscious move on my part. Never did find it.

Strange day today.

I was at a new home build site where all the contractors were lesbians. There was no studs and everything was tongue and groove.

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Strange day today.

I was at a new home build site where all the contractors were lesbians. There was no studs and everything was tongue and groove.
    Rick did they give you the Newkey at the front door?

Best

Ron