Jeff Spencer Guest

Default Today's Inspection

Sometimes you see things that make an inspection enjoyable......

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Today's Inspection

I suppose unless you're a hunter. That would put a whole other spin on these images..

Stephen G Guest

House I inspected last month had about 6 very large wild turkeys bedded down on the side of the house. I came around the corner on my first pass and they took flight. It stopped me dead in my tracks as these bowling balls with wings attempted to get off the ground.
    Even though my camera was in my hand I had no time to snap a pic...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    I suppose unless you're a hunter. That would put a whole other spin on these images..

Jeff Spencer Guest

You're right Marc. That's about 200 percent more deer than I saw on my lease during deer season...........

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen G View Post
    Even though my camera was in my hand I had no time to snap a pic...
    Years ago, when I was a young adult, I was at the coast near my mother's house, looking out across the ocean. A humpback breached just off the coast - couldn't have been 100 yards away. I had my camera in my had, shutter cocked and I just stood there with my mouth open. Took maybe 2 seconds, then it was all over. No picture, but I have the image indelibly etched in my mind.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Wild turkeys can fly, can't they? Years ago on my honeymoon, my wife and I saw wild turkeys flying/jumping from one branch of a tree to another around our cabin in Banner Elk, NC.

I had always thought they couldn't fly (based on that WKRP in Cincinnati episode where Mr. Carlson has them tossed out of a helicopter over a shopping mall for Thanksgiving...and his last line is "With God as my witness, I thought they could fly.")

But anyway, on our honeymoon, I saw them take off and fly a hundred feet or so without a problem. But maybe that's just NC wild turkeys

Stephen G Guest

Easy now your showing your age (mine too as I remember Less Nessman calling the horror)

Well, the turkeys we have here were re-located from NY state about 10 years ago. I guess our hunters got their limit many years ago and the Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) finally re-stocked them. They are everywhere. And yes they fly. Right over me. So yeah they fly. Not very gracefull

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson Beisel View Post
    Wild turkeys can fly, can't they? Years ago on my honeymoon, my wife and I saw wild turkeys flying/jumping from one branch of a tree to another around our cabin in Banner Elk, NC.

I had always thought they couldn't fly (based on that WKRP in Cincinnati episode where Mr. Carlson has them tossed out of a helicopter over a shopping mall for Thanksgiving...and his last line is "With God as my witness, I thought they could fly.")

But anyway, on our honeymoon, I saw them take off and fly a hundred feet or so without a problem. But maybe that's just NC wild turkeys

Haaapppppppyyyy....Thankssssssgiiiiiiiiviiinnnnngg gg frooooooom W..........K........R...........Peeeeeeeeeeeee.

"They're hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!"

Good stuff.

No turkeys here, but we do get turkey vultures. Spotted these two sunning at the peak of a house yesterday. Wish I had a better camera on my phone! Judging by the white streaks on the roof, this is one of their habitual perches.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Welmoed Sisson
    Inspections by Bob, LLC, Boyds, MD
    "Given sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
    Sometimes you see things that make an inspection enjoyable......
    Venison steak, venison ribs, venison tenderloin, venison stew and the last but not least ground venison for a not too juicy but tasty burger.

Just think of how many people we could feed with the stray meat getting mowed down on the highways and byways every day.

That looks like it could be at Bar X which has a very large deer population

Barry Thirtle

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Quote Originally Posted by John Ghent View Post
    Venison steak, venison ribs, venison tenderloin, venison stew and the last but not least ground venison for a not too juicy but tasty burger.

Just think of how many people we could feed with the stray meat getting mowed down on the highways and byways every day.
    You're speaking my language now John. And ground venison can make a very juicy burger as long as you don't overcook it. I like venison more than beef.

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man". - Jack Handey

20 years in a row of the "Million Dollar Club."

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

Darren www.aboutthehouseinspections.com
    'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)