Al Roden Guest

Default I Need a Home Inspector in Sugarland, TX - This Week. Any Recommendations?

It seems that all the home inspectors that I called are all booked up through the week - does anyone know an inspector that might be available this week?

Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: I Need a Home Inspector in Sugarland, TX - This Week. Any Recommendations?

It's very busy in Texas. Do you really want an inspector that isn't busy?

Al Roden Guest

Default Re: I Need a Home Inspector in Sugarland, TX - This Week. Any Recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by stanley frost View Post
    It's very busy in Texas. Do you really want an inspector that isn't busy?
    Stanley, there isn't necessarily a direct correlation between being busy and being good and if there is, it could be an inverse one. That is, I'd rather have an inspector who charges three times what everyone else does and who is so good at finding stuff that Realtor's eschew him or her. That inspector wouldn't have to be as busy as you to earn a living ;-)

Al,
    I agree. perhaps you should start by telling the inspector you call that your willing to pay three times their normal rate. I also believe that a high price does not always equal a good inspection.
    The inspectors I know that are not busy I wouldn't let inspect my dog house at any price.

I have to agree that the more experienced inspectors will be booked in advance. In my area for the past two years we are normally booked a week or better in advance. Sure you have a few slow weeks intertwined, like next week for me. I have two jobs on the books but I also know that based on past experience that will change on Monday morning after folks look at houses over the weekend. As for price? I'm in the middle of the road. I charge what I feel is a fair price and do not try to gig folks for all I can get or the market will tolerate.

I've been at this gig for 20 years and I'm planning on another 15-20 years God willing! I depend on referrals from happy clients....

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com