chris mcintyre Guest

Default I have no choice but to ask.

OK, when you use the same quote from someone multiple times in a reply, how do you get their name to show up in each quote.

I have tried everything (except what works), I did not want to ask but I can not figure it out.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: I have no choice but to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by chris mcintyre View Post
    OK, when you use the same quote from someone multiple times in a reply, how do you get their name to show up in each quote.
    I have tried everything (except what works), I did not want to ask but I can not figure it out.

You mean like that?

When you type the [ / quote ] to end the previous quote, then the [ quote ] to begin the next quote, just type in [ quote = chris mcintyre] ... leaving out the extra spaces, of course.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

chris mcintyre Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    You mean like that?

When you type the [ / quote ] to end the previous quote, then the [ quote ] to begin the next quote, just type in [ quote = chris mcintyre] ... leaving out the extra spaces, of course.

leaving out the extra spaces, of course.
    Is this it?

Edit:
    I'll be darned, Thanks Jerry, that was a lot easier than the 100 other ways I wasted my time trying!

Last edited by chris mcintyre; 04-25-2010 at 08:37 PM. Reason: It worked

Another way is to copy the entire quote to your clipboard. (Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C is one way. Another way is to drag your cursor over the entire quote to highlight it and press Ctrl-C. Still another way is to click Edir and Select All then Edit and Copy. Or you can use any combination of the above.)

Next edit the quote by deleting those portions not needed.

Next paste the quote from your clipboard. (Ctrl-V, Edit and Paste, etc.) Again edit the quote leaving only those portions you wish to remain.

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

chris mcintyre Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Breedlove View Post
    Another way is to copy the entire quote to your clipboard. (Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C is one way. Another way is to drag your cursor over the entire quote to highlight it and press Ctrl-C. Still another way is to click Edir and Select All then Edit and Copy. Or you can use any combination of the above.)
    Next edit the quote by deleting those portions not

Next paste the quote from your clipboard. (Ctrl-V, Edit and Paste, etc.) Again edit the quote leaving only those portions you wish to remain.
    Testing...

Edit:
    I'll be darned again.:-)

Last edited by chris mcintyre; 04-26-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: it worked again

You mean like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by When you type the [ / quote
    to end the previous quote, then the [ quote ] to begin the next quote, just type in [ quote = chris mcintyre] ... leaving out the extra spaces, of course.
    Or You can not type in the name just the Symbols ( if You don't want Their Name in each box.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post

Or You can not type in the name just the Symbols ( if You don't want Their Name in each box.
    Or..... you can highlight the part between the [ and ] , Copy and Paste. Saves typing.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca