Deleted Account Guest

Default NAHI & ASHI - Our lips have met, our hips not yet

Don't get burned by shoddy home inspection

Not all inspectors are qualified — and some are downright unscrupulous

By Herb Weisbaum
    MSNBC contributor
    Updated: 1:47 p.m. ET Aug 1, 2007

You’d have to be a fool to buy a house without having it inspected first. The challenge is to find a competent home inspector who can give you an accurate picture of the property, so you know whether to go forward with the purchase.

Read the full article here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the embarrassment of Mallory-gate weighing down our profession the $64,000 question is... Will ASHI's hooking up with NAHI be a bigger debacle than the branding program?

I took upon myself to email crack investigative reporter Herb Weisbaum Mallory's deposition and the link to our discussion here to find out his opinion. You see leadership does count for something.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Deleted Account; 08-02-2007 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Corrected link
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: NAHI & ASHI - Our lips have met, our hips not yet

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    You see leadership does count for something.
    Yes, it does, and, someday, maybe you will grow mature enough to exhibit some.

By the way, did you also email ALL of the pertinent material to that reporter? Including ALL depositions? All relevant acts by Nick and NACHI?

A real leader would have.

An underling reaching to set off an alarm would only email what their boss wanted them to.

Hate to be the one to clue you in on something, but that alarm has already been rung, and everyone is already out of the building awaiting the "All Clear" to go back in.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    By the way, did you also email ALL of the pertinent material to that reporter? Including ALL depositions? All relevant acts by Nick and NACHI?

Jerry,

You must go round is a state of perpetual frustration from not being able to enforce any of your many edicts & decrees.

I don't answer to you, not now, not ever you know so that why ask? Besides old Herb bills himself as an investigative reporter, I say let him investigate on his own, from what I sent him if he is worth his salt he should be able to figure it out. So... Will ASHI's hooking up with NAHI be a bigger debacle than the branding program?

As a NACHI member (primarily because of the local chapter) I'm at this moment looking at my invoice for next years dues and wondering: "Do I really want to fund this lawsuit factory?".

From what I can tell, the only folks that are really concerned about this lawsuit of Nicks are those dozen or so posters on the NACHI board who are slapping him on the back. Does anyone outside of NACHI really care about this? I don't think so.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    From what I can tell, the only folks that are really concerned about this lawsuit of Nicks are those dozen or so posters on the NACHI board who are slapping him on the back. Does anyone outside of NACHI really care about this? I don't think so.

Some spin Scott, but no matter how you twist it this thread has nothing to do with NACHI lawsuits and everything to do with the assumption that ASHI is somehow in bed with NAHI after their Executive Director publicly humiliated herself and our profession. Do you really think that Mallory's actions will be of no consequence to ASHI? For the record, unlike Jerry Peck I am an ASHI member and I do not approve of ASHI cavorting with NAHI.

Harvey Hempelstern Guest

ASHI may not have a choice at being linked with Mallory when the feds require that she name names as a part of her plea bargain.

Some spin Scott, but no matter how you twist it this thread has nothing to do with NACHI lawsuits and everything to do with the assumption that ASHI is somehow in bed with NAHI after their Executive Director publicly humiliated herself and our profession. Do you really think that Mallory's actions will be of no consequence to ASHI? For the record, unlike Jerry Peck I am an ASHI member and I do not approve of ASHI cavorting with NAHI.
    Whatever Mallory is alleged to have done has nothing to do with ASHI. I read a good part of her depo and I failed to see anything the incriminates ASHI. No name, dates or places. I have also failed to see anything that humiliates her. Some poor choices maybe but that is about it.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Deleted Account Guest

NACHI horndog Jim Bushart found in Mallory's briefs, news at 11.

Last edited by Deleted Account; 08-02-2007 at 06:02 PM.

NACHI horndog Jim Bushart found in Mallory's briefs, news at 11.
    So now the White Rabbit is in Mallory's pants!

Does she know about this?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Deleted Account Guest

Rumor has it NAHI has a key witness... that right folks the dog who Mallory claims took the NACHI exam is willing to testify in this matter. Fido's deposition has just been leaked, bad dog, on the newspaper!

Q: What do you call the part of a house that covers the building?
    A: Roof

Q: What is the principal characteristic of sandpaper?
    A: Rough

Q: Why is lumber milled before building a house?
    A: Bark

Q: What is a common material used for driveways?
    A: Gravel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously this is some bright pooch but these questions look more like the one's found in the North Carolina Home Inspector Licensing Exam as opposed to the questions found within the NACHI on-line exam.
    --

I'd say the pooch took your Assurance Check ICC class and became very eloquent.
    Good job, Joe, training "dogs" is your destiny.

Harvey Hempelstern Guest

Speaking of rumors, can anyone verify or refute the rumor that NAHI's Executive Director either has already or will resign on Monday?

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    I'd say the pooch took your Assurance Check ICC class and became very eloquent.
    Good job, Joe, training "dogs" is your destiny.

Dom,

Are you through NAHI now representing that dogs can pass the NACHI on-line exam and the ICC Exams hosted & proctored through Promissor?

I can honestly say of the hundreds of students who have attended our seminars or purchased our home study course none have been dogs, but if you are interested I think we may be able to find you a seat at our next ICC Boot Camp.

The reality is once you are ICC Certified, everything else becomes much less important, ask your good buddy Jeff Hooper.

Joe.

The reality is once you are ICC Certified, everything else becomes much less important.
    Including your rants, I'm sure.

David Nice Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hempelstern View Post
    Speaking of rumors, can anyone verify or refute the rumor that NAHI's Executive Director either has already or will resign on Monday?
    I wouldn't blame her if she did. The NAHI board and their brainy lawyers hung her out to dry. With all the contentiousness of these issues, any lawyer who fails to get a protective order on Mallory's deposition should resign as well.

With the embarrassment of Mallory-gate weighing down our profession the $64,000 question is... Will ASHI's hooking up with NAHI be a bigger debacle than the branding program?

With the recent hooking up, by ASHI and another professional HI org this could be a good thing for our profession and members of all orgs involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post

With the recent hooking up, by ASHI and another professional HI org this could be a good thing for our profession and members of all orgs involved.
    Dan, I was not aware that ASHI had "hooked up" with NAHI or any other organization.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Dan, I was not aware that ASHI had "hooked up" with NAHI or any other organization.

I was refering to ASHI and CREIA at the convention along with the local event scheduled next year between AZ ASHI and CREIA.

Deleted Account Guest

Dan,

The significance is so underwhelming Scott missed it, sorta kinda on the scale of a fart in a windstorm, no cigar.

Dan,

The significance is so underwhelming Scott missed it, sorta kinda on the scale of a fart in a windstorm, no cigar.
    I may have used the wrong word, "teamed up" in this example to share the knowelge and fininacial resources of all involved might be a better term,

David Nice Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Thomas View Post
    As a NACHI member (primarily because of the local chapter) I'm at this moment looking at my invoice for next years dues and wondering: "Do I really want to fund this lawsuit factory?".
    Michael,

The first part of the "factory" was created by NAHI and even though they have no case, Nick went out of his way to present a settlement offer that was mainly designed to keep from wasting $200,000.00 of members money on that nonsense.

The second part is to support the PA NACHI inspectors whose livelihoods are being directly threatened by the unscrupulous (and illegal) activities of PA NAHI members and chapter and PHIC. I only hope that NACHI would come to the rescue if real estate agents (and others in my state) were being told that we could not legally do inspections in our state.

Lewis Capaul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by David Nice View Post
    Michael,

The first part of the "factory" was created by NAHI and even though they have no case, Nick went out of his way to present a settlement offer that was mainly designed to keep from wasting $200,000.00 of members money on that nonsense.

The second part is to support the PA NACHI inspectors whose livelihoods are being directly threatened by the unscrupulous (and illegal) activities of PA NAHI members and chapter and PHIC. I only hope that NACHI would come to the rescue if real estate agents (and others in my state) were being told that we could not legally do inspections in our state.
    $200,000 of "Members" money, that must be NAHI members money, all the money interNachi collects is Nicks, not the members, Nick also said that HE Spent $200K in defending himself/Nachi against the lawsuit.

Nick has also told people, in threatening emails, that he "sues for fun and profit".

David Nice Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Capaul View Post

Nick has also told people, in threatening emails, that he "sues for fun and profit".
    It is truly sad that you have never developed enough of a relationship with Nick to understand Nick's true nature and sense of humor. It is too bad that somewhere in life you got your underwear so bunched up and stuck up in your backside that all you crap keeps coming out the other end.

Lewis Capaul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by David Nice View Post
    It is truly sad that you have never developed enough of a relationship with Nick to understand Nick's true nature and sense of humor. It is too bad that somewhere in life you got your underwear so bunched up and stuck up in your backside that all you crap keeps coming out the other end.
    The quote came from an email that Nick sent threatening to sue if an individual did not remove his comments about Nachi from his website, Nick went on to "defend" his new, more "difficult" test and the increase in requirements, which are still a joke.

I've met Nick 5 times, I wasn't impressed, he comes off as not to bad a guy, until you listen to his B.S. long enough, he can sell snake oil though, I'll give him that.

He demonstrated enough of his sense of humor in the "Penile Implant/E.D." thread on your message board, I noticed you thought it was funny and also took part. or were you just kissing ass?

Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

Default Re: NA HI & ASHI - Our lips have met, our hips not yet

Lewis,

I have known Nick G for many years.

He has always been consistent with regard to his sincerity to pursue what he believes is best for the HI Industry.

NACHI Legal Staff is second to No One.

Harvey Hempelstern Guest

Those with sympathy for the actions taken by Mallory against NACHI have, understandably, been critical of NACHI and have predicted NAHI's victory...in spite of the facts.

NAHI filed a suit it did not win. It entered into a settlement it did not like. It has demanded the court to intervene, which the court has not done. Score a grand slam for NACHI.

Nick has or will be providing his evidence to the federal prosecutors who are certain, if they take the case, to go beyond Mallory to see what "leaders from other associations" she is referring to in her sworn affadavit confessing a conspiracy to put members of NACHI out of business.

It's not going away. What is going away, however, is the influence of PHIC and their illegal activities in PA. NACHI's well funded and expert legal team has not waited for death to be declared to begin its autopsy of the corrupt individuals who have spread false statements about NACHI members in PA to real estate salespeople.

Sit back, fix a cold drink...and watch a few men die a horrible figurative death for their dastardly deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph P. Hagarty View Post
    Lewis,

I have known Nick G for many years.

He has always been consistent with regard to his sincerity to pursue what he believes is best for the HI Industry.

NACHI Legal Staff is second to No One.
    Why is it, inspectors that pay him $s for instant certificiation, a liminted number of HI venders along with attorneys looking to make a buck, are the only ones that agree with him, and defend him on his perceived HI issues when he pursues what he believes is best for the HI industry?

Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

Why is it, inspectors that pay him $s for instant certificiation, a liminted number of HI venders along with attorneys looking to make a buck, are the only ones that agree with him, and defend him on his perceived HI issues when he pursues what he believes is best for the HI industry?
    Why is it that there is an even larger number of established, qualified Members that do not fit the stereotype that you have suggested?

Lewis Capaul Guest

Why is it that there is an even larger number of established, qualified Members that do not fit the stereotype that you have suggested?
    What "Even Large Number" Joe, larger than what? From the 10,000 members Nick announced earlier this year, you know back when he told everyone that their membership would be worth thousands of $$$$$ because no more were available, or from the 8600 he says are present members now, which ever, just how many of those meet your description of "established, and qualified?

Many of your members who are established and are very good inspectors do not agree with many of Nick's wondrous ideas, CMI being one, from polls conducted on your own message board the majority don't even support him or his lap dog Bushart on licensing. Recently he asked them to provide information on their clients so that "HE" could send the clients Free Furnace Filters, the membership soundly said no way and that doing so would violate the COE, good for them.

Nick does what is best for Nick, not for the Home Inspection Industry, if he was worried about the industry he'd quit coming up with so many ridiculous "certifications and designations" that have absolutely no credibility, the use of such deceptive designations gives the impression that the Home Inspection Industry is a scam, just like his CMI and the other snake oil he sells his members. The integrity problem at NACHI is not in its membership, it resides in the leadership and the sheep who surround them, and is not good for the Industry.

Why won't any of you Nick defenders answer simple questions about his marketing ideas like CMI. Once again the simple question.

If an inspector had purchased the CMI designation when it was first offered last year, and he had performed ZERO inspections, is it ethical for him, even if he had performed 300 or so inspections in the past year, to continue to use the CMI Designation in his marketing materials now that the requirements have changed to 1000 inspections, considering that when clients go to the CMI website to see what being a "Master" entails, they see that "ALL" CMI's have performed at least 1000 Inspections?

Nick, John, and Harvey all seem to believe that doing so is totally ethical and not deceptive, is that the interNachi ethical stand?

Deleted Account Guest

-- How should you live as you grow into a culture you did not make?

-- As the unique individual who decides that things do not have to be, and won't continue, as they are.