Wilson Hash Guest

Default Hayman Engineering

Is any one doing foundation inspections for Hayman, if so are you getting paid?

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Hayman Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson Hash View Post
    Good folks, I never have had a problem with them.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Wilson Hash Guest

I haven't had any problems either until 6 months ago, I have to call and then they say they are son far behind in cutting checks and it takes approx 60 days to get paid. Now I can't get them to return my call about my payment

I haven't had any problems either until 6 months ago, I have to call and then they say they are son far behind in cutting checks and it takes approx 60 days to get paid. Now I can't get them to return my call about my payment
    Well, you just never know do you?

They do have a Facebook site all you have to do is to click on the "Like" button and then you can post a comment on their FB page. You might get a response if their payment issue is out in the open!

Last edited by Scott Patterson; 11-29-2010 at 04:06 PM.
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Wilson Hash Guest

I just received a phone call from Paul Hayman with apologies for the problems and my check was in the mail. I just told him that I was tired of the lies and problems with getting paid. I ask him to remove me from his data base. I am switching everything to Harrison Engineering

Ted Menelly Guest

I just received a phone call from Paul Hayman with apologies for the problems and my check was in the mail. I just told him that I was tired of the lies and problems with getting paid. I ask him to remove me from his data base. I am switching everything to Harrison Engineering
    Wow

I think I would have waited to say the last part until I actually received my check.

I once did work under a construction management company for commercial work that thought I should play banker for them. That lasted a week until I about moved in and refused to leave until I got paid. I think it is Rick that sat outside someones office with a sign until he got paid. Borrowing money is one think that you have a contract to pay back. Other folks expecting you to work for them and they pay you as they wish does not cut it.

Construction management company = they collect bids for work to be done, compile them, turn an over all bid into the developer, have you do the work, when the developer collectsz his money you get your at a minimum of 30 to 60 days later so it turns into 90 days before you get paid after you turn in an invoice so it could be 120 days.. What a joke.

Yep. Last winter they got behind because of a real slow down in business. They were 3 or 4 inspections behind. I called and asked about it. I was was paid up to date by June. Have patience. Times are rough for a lot of businesses.

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Brooks View Post
    Yep. Last winter they got behind because of a real slow down in business. They were 3 or 4 inspections behind. I called and asked about it. I was was paid up to date by June. Have patience. Times are rough for a lot of businesses.
    Point is that if they cannot afford to pay you they should not be subbing the work out. They should have the money in their pocket to pay you for work done and then they wait for their check. They are a sub and you are a sub under them. Again this is just like a construction management company. I can guarantee you that they got paid but just did not make enough to FIRST pay their employees and then THEMSELVES then along came you with your hand out....ooops, sorry, we spent the money by paying our self first and then their was nothing left for you. It should be illegal. I can also guarantee they paid their bills and their equipment and insurance but was still asking you to do work for them with promise of pay.....some day....after they live. Who caresw what happens to you ion the process. I no longer sub from anyone looking to gain from me. I stopped that years ago.

Reminiscent of DDN before the final AXE

Bruce Thompson, Lic. #9199
    www.TylerHomeInspector.com
    Home Inspections in the Tyler and East Texas area

Wilson Hash Guest

When I physically collect the money at time of inspection and send the check with my report, I think I should be paid immediately, not 45 to 60 days later

Greg Roberts Guest

I have only done one inspection for Hayman. This explains why after 60 days, I haven't received payment. Maybe it was the first and last.....

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Roberts View Post
    I have only done one inspection for Hayman. This explains why after 60 days, I haven't received payment. Maybe it was the first and last.....
    Call the rep who contacted you with the assignment. Ask if there is a problem.

The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

I have done several for Hayman. Had not had a problem with payment untill the last job. Had to call the rep and had a check within the week. That was 2 months ago.

James Bohac

Wilson Hash Guest

The squeaky wheel gets the grease...... Call them and you will get a check

How much does one get for a foundation inspection from these engineers and what are their inspection requirements?

Measurements?
    Photo's?
    Built to spec reviews?
    Concrete mix specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Amelin View Post
    How much does one get for a foundation inspection from these engineers and what are their inspection requirements?

Measurements?
    Photo's?
    Built to spec reviews?
    Concrete mix specs?
    $100
    Take pictures of the supports, tie downs, data plate, etc. Fill out a simple form.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    $100
    Take pictures of the supports, tie downs, data plate, etc. Fill out a simple form.
    or $150 if you develop the lead with local marketing of the service. They even provide templates for handouts to loan companies, banks, or others who would order a foundation certification.

Stu, Fredericksburg VA

Jason Lewis Guest

Hayman contracted us for work here in Oregon four days ago and I received a check in the mail today (Monday!) I was a bit reluctant at first but don't believe the negatives in this thread. Hayman was an exceptional company to work for and with. If you have any questions give me a call.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Lewis View Post
    Hayman contracted us for work here in Oregon four days ago and I received a check in the mail today (Monday!) I was a bit reluctant at first but don't believe the negatives in this thread. Hayman was an exceptional company to work for and with. If you have any questions give me a call.

Why not believe it. They had an experience. You had one experience. Just because they paid you or mailed out a check right away it does not mean that it is what always happens. As far as any company being an exceptional company because of your one time experience .... the only reason you believe they are is because you got paid right away. Others had to wait and in some cases a very long time. One said he was patience, my answer to that is "patience for what? Someone paying him well after they get paid and then pay their staffers and then pay you when they have some extra cash.

That is not the way it is suppose to work. Someone wants you to perform a task for them and they better have the cash on hand or a line of credit to get it immediately so you get paid immediately. Not when ever.

That always bugs me. Fellow inspectors stating facts to you and you telling your fellow inspectors that you do not believe them .... why would they state those facts? Because you did one job and got paid right away. I tell you what. I will have you do one inspection for me for a great price and after you think I am da bomb I will have you do ten in a row and after I get paid and enjoy the money and pay my bills and go on a weeks vacation I will pay you some day ... when I get some extra change. I bet I won't be da bomb in your eyes anymore.

Paul Hayman Guest

This is Paul Hayman, owner of Hayman Engineering posting this message. After being a home inspector myself for over 20 years, a number of years ago I got the idea to use home inspectors to do the onsite inspections for mobile home foundations and became the first company to do so on a national basis. I have always treated home inspectors as I would like to be treated.

Around the middle of last year, I was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor (Stage IV Glioblastoma, in case you're interested). Needless to say, that has dominated my every waking moment since, and understandably, my business became a second priority. I am posting this to apologize to each and every inspector that received a delayed check from Hayman Engineering. I have completed brain surgery, radiation therapy and chemo-therapy for treatment of the tumor. I have come through the other end and am now back at work. It has been a very trying time for everyone in my family as well as all the inspectors and everyone else I have done business with. I appreciate your patience. It has been my number one priority to get the inspectors paid and now that I am back at work, it will continue to be my number one priority. I have never not paid an inspector for his work.

If anyone is unhappy with the way they have been paid, I sincerely apologize. I will do my best to re-earn your trust. If you decide to move on to another engineering company, I understand and wish you the best. We have an expanded office and a number of new engineering services that will require the onsite presence of an inspector, so we are undergoing a transition to offer those services. If you feel that our service needs a comment, good or bad, feel free to leave a thread here, or email me directly at phayman@haymanengineering.com.

I look forward to working with all of you in the coming years.

Paul Hayman, P.E.
    Hayman Engineering

Ted Menelly Guest

Glad to hear and congratulations. My father went thru that 40 years ago. He was not so blessed. I hope all is well and truly wish the best