Thread: Nail gun happy

mathew stouffer Guest

Default Nail gun happy

Other than the fact these guys put 21 nails in a single piece of window trim, what are the repercautions, if any, for sinking the nails in this deep. Some were a 1/4 inch deep or more. The wood was 1 1/12. I pointed it out to the builder and he said no big deal, the wood is 11/2.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Nail gun happy

The trim already looks like it is cracking, and may continue to do so.

My main concern is that every hole is a pocket for moisture to stand/ seep in, which will lead to premature deterioration.

What Brandon said.
    I always hate seeing that. It only takes a minute to adjust the head on the gun for proper depth, nonetheless so many guys are just too lazy to do it.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Quote Originally Posted by mathew stouffer View Post
    --- put 21 nails in a single piece of window trim, ---- sinking the nails in this deep. Some were a 1/4 inch deep or more. ----- the builder and he said no big deal, .

Just another 21 entry points for moisture to collect.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

I wonder if the nails are at least galvanized? The heads will rust, good chance of staining the wood. Looks like framing nails used. At least they could use the right nails.

Rick Sabatino
    Sabatino Consulting, Inc.
    Oak Park, IL

I wonder if the nails are at least galvanized? The heads will rust, good chance of staining the wood
    Shoot, the nails are countersunk so far, I'm not sure the rust wil make it out.