Thread: Venting

Jon Scott Guest

Default Venting

Hello Everyone -

After watching our hero HI Mike Holmes.....

During his HI, he said that home inspectors aren't allow to remove vents to check the duct work... I was told during my schooling that we can, someone please clear this up for me.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Venting

I can tell you that ASHI's SoP has no such restriction. You can remove anything you want, you're just not required to. If such a statement was made it hopefully was not intentional with the purpose of diminishing the role of a H.I.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Scott View Post
    After watching our hero HI Mike Holmes.....
    You have to remember that Holmes is there for ... Holmes, and that what you see on TV is made to make good TV, not necessarily be accurate - just keep you watching and the advertisers sponsoring the show.

Remember, a show which is good, accurate, and correct in showing home inspections will mostly be b-o-r-i-n-g and s-l-o-w paced.

There would be one show (if that) because no advertiser would pick up the sponsorship of it. Now, if you had enough money and wanted to produce it and sponsor it yourself, then sure, you could get that on TV.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    You have to remember that Holmes is there for ... Holmes, and that what you see on TV is made to make good TV, not necessarily be accurate - just keep you watching and the advertisers sponsoring the show.

Remember, a show which is good, accurate, and correct in showing home inspections will mostly be b-o-r-i-n-g and s-l-o-w paced.

There would be one show (if that) because no advertiser would pick up the sponsorship of it. Now, if you had enough money and wanted to produce it and sponsor it yourself, then sure, you could get that on TV.
    B-o-r-r-i-n-g and Sloooow is what gets rid of the customer who wants to tag along. After the second trip around the exterior, they are typically talking to the Realtor or measuring for curtains. The other thing is taking lots of pictures, nobody wants to be in the picture and they are always right where you want to take a picture. Go figure?

The beatings will continue until morale has improved. mgt.