Default wild-goose chase

wild-goose chase - Wiktionary
    wild
    -goose chase

1. (figuratively) A futile search, a fruitless errand; a useless and often lengthy pursuit.
    2. A task whose execution is inordinately complex relative to the value of the outcome.

Does any of this sound familiar?
    Don't chase the goose

Crawl Space Creeper
    ' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Default Re: wild-goose chase

rick WTF is pot legal in YOUR STATE NOW CVF

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIE VAN FLEET View Post
    rick WTF is pot legal in YOUR STATE NOW CVF
    Hi Charlie
    I live in west/central Georgia which is north of the swamp people (moonshine country), and south of deliverance (also moonshine country). So yes, pot is legal around here, that is unless you get caught.
    But seriously,
    This was a vague reference to (nameless), that it is not necessary for him to respond to every post (chasing a goose) from (also nameless).

At the end of my post I asked " Does this sound familiar"
    To you, it did not sound familiar, that's because you don't chase geese.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

RICK--most have missed his post--roll em smoke em if you got em

Is this goose thing related to the feeding monkeys discussion in that other thread?

And, before you ask, while not technically legal in Oregon, pot might as well be. It's like a religion up here in Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fellman View Post
    Is this goose thing related to the feeding monkeys discussion in that other thread?
    Feeding Monkeys, Trolls, or chasing geese, what's the difference?

We (the members of this forum) get suckered into a fruitless discussion with someone only because we let ourselves get suckered into it.
    When we choose to respond to Lisa, Jim, or whoever, we are just encouraging them to continue.

Don't misunderstand me, discussion is vital to understanding, debate is welcome, even heated debate can sometimes be acceptable. But post after post with the same people time and time again is unproductive.
    Does anyone actually think that Lisa will ever present a fair and unbiased opinion?
    Jim jumps, hops, and skips around a subject, going in circles, with us chasing him.
    As long as there is sincere and logical debate, lets keep the discussion going. But when the questions/ statements are not sincere, only confusion will follow.
    I would rather not single out Lisa or Jim, but those two seem only to want argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fellman View Post

And, before you ask, while not technically legal in Oregon, pot might as well be. It's like a religion up here in Oregon.
    I think Oregon will be next. CA will be soon, in my opinion, but it may depend on what else happens in CO. CA is basically legal now if you are interested in having a card.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

One Meme Sums Up What Happened to Denver's Murder Rate After Marijuana Legalization - PolicyMic

Not only is crime down, but sales are up at the Quickie Marts! Twinkies anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    One Meme Sums Up What Happened to Denver's Murder Rate After Marijuana Legalization - PolicyMic

Not only is crime down, but sales are up at the Quickie Marts! Twinkies anyone?
    It's all cool here dudes........

I've never smoked so much as a puff of Mary. Just, never had any interest in it. I like beer brewed by reclusive Belgian monks.

But to Rick's OP, I've commented on this too. Maybe some of you guys like fruitless, endless arguments where nothing is settled, but you get to vent until you collapse in exhaustion. Even though that bores me, I understand other people like that. That long thread trying to beat up nachi and Lisa lost my interest long ago. BTW, is it still going?

But, I look at those threads the same way I look at TV. If I don't like the show, I change the channel.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon Henderson View Post
    It's all cool here dudes........

But, I look at those threads the same way I look at TV. If I don't like the show, I change the channel.
    Sounds like the best way to me!