Thread: Ghost?

Default Ghost?

I'm not into superstitions but I remember someone once telling me that ghosts showed up in pictures sometimes....

I took this picture at a house this morning..... what do you think? Ghost or just some other problem? The two pictures were taken within a few seconds of each other with the 'ghost' being in the first.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Ghost?

It looks like your finger is over the lense in the first photo.

You'll actually never see them like that. They come up from behind you and all you feel is like coolness come across the back of your neck.

Those homes you walk into and you just know that something is not right. Their the ones that you'll be doing something and all of a sudden you feel that cool air on the back of the neck. Kind of like a light touch to you.

Look out now!

rick

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    It looks like your finger is over the lense in the first photo.
    I thought that too.... but you can kind of see through it..... the more I look at it there seems to be a resemblence to the virgin Mary.... I have it up on ebay for $10,000

Ron Bibler Guest

I don't like it when doors close behind me and then lock

Kind of gets me up set just a bit

Best

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post

They come up from behind you and all you feel is like coolness come across the back of your neck.

and all of a sudden you feel that cool air on the back of the neck. Kind of like a light touch to you.

Look out now!

rick
    That's Odd Rick,

This Time of Year Around Here anyway it's Warn Air.
    * if that Old Rusty Furnace Fires Up.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

chris mcintyre Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    I don't like it when doors close behind me and then lock

Kind of gets me up set just a bit

Best

Ron
    Is that when a client says: I'll follow you to your car and write you a check.

mathew stouffer Guest

Probably the reflection of your finger on the lens.

matt

here you go

1983 townhouse, this week. only major issue was fogged glass and leaking glass. first time buyer. she was siked. after inspection she went back at night and took some pictures. see attached photos. SHE FREAKED.

she knocked on neighbors door and he said he had mirror over entry door to ward off spirits.

i can't explain pictures. but first time for me

WHO YA GONNA CALL

CHARLIE

WOOPS forgot pictures, got scared

Several years back someone posted a picture of some attic framing and it had a shadow figure in it.

I have experienced the "cool" air in a home before, it is kind of unnerving.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Charlie, tell her to quit smoking while she's taking pictures!

-

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

mathew stouffer Guest

Maybe it's radon

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Several years back someone posted a picture of some attic framing and it had a shadow figure in it.

I have experienced the "cool" air in a home before, it is kind of unnerving.
    Scott,

You ever walked across the inside of the home and just have a cool breeze hit you all of a sudden from nowhere. I have that happen several times over the years and it always freaks me out.

My best story is of a time I was under a very old home in the historic area of Dallas doing a WDI inspection. I was nearly back to the crawlspace entrance (closet opening) when I could hear someone walking across the floor above me. I thought the realtor had shown up so I raised up in the crawlspace opening and yelled "I'm under the home."

{Total silence}

No one was in the home whatsoever, yet the footsteps were so real. I got my stuff together and got the he77 out of there.

I take the report and the keys back then back by the real estate office and I meet the listing agent. I told her what happened and she said everyone that goes into that house claims they had some kind of experience as such.

Come to find out, and older couple who was very sick took their lives together in that home and their family was selling off the home.

Anyway, I found the picture I believe you were talking about in the attic.

Rick

What's with all the spook stories? Halloween was 2 weeks ago.

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

I've had the footsteps in the vacant house scenario before. Kind of unnerving but I just kept working.

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Scott,

You ever walked across the inside of the home and just have a cool breeze hit you all of a sudden from nowhere. I have that happen several times over the years and it always freaks me out.

My best story is of a time I was under a very old home in the historic area of Dallas doing a WDI inspection. I was nearly back to the crawlspace entrance (closet opening) when I could hear someone walking across the floor above me. I thought the realtor had shown up so I raised up in the crawlspace opening and yelled "I'm under the home."

{Total silence}

No one was in the home whatsoever, yet the footsteps were so real. I got my stuff together and got the he77 out of there.

I take the report and the keys back then back by the real estate office and I meet the listing agent. I told her what happened and she said everyone that goes into that house claims they had some kind of experience as such.

Come to find out, and older couple who was very sick took their lives together in that home and their family was selling off the home.

Anyway, I found the picture I believe you were talking about in the attic.

Rick
    That's the picture!

Yes, I have had the cool air experience a few times!

Once in a home that was used as a hospital during the war of northern aggression in Terry MS, just south of Jackson MS. The home had no power on and it was mid August. It was about 80+ in the house and while going upstairs I was greeted with a blast of cool air. I just thought a window was open and the air was blowing in. I came back down and again in the middle of the stairs the cool air was present. No windows or doors were open in the home.

I later found out that over 1,500 solders died in and around that home during he war.

Yes, I belive that some of the deceased are still around trying to get home.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Dennis Krouse Guest

ghosts schmosts

Wink Re: Ghost?

If you find ghosts in a house is this something you need to tell the client about and then put in the report?

mathew stouffer Guest

David,
    Actually that is a good point. I'm sure they are plenty of lawyers willing to try and sue a home inspector for failing to inform the client the house is haunted.

Dennis Krouse Guest

You can always call ghostbusters, but be careful they don't have to have documented training. Give it time though, I'm sure some associations will come up with a course on it.

All y'all need to call on Faith Ranoli on in Littleton, CO. She does holistic home inspections.

Her website says "All inspections are performed to the rigorous standards of ASHI (American Standards of Home Inspectors)". No, she's not a member of the ASHI we all know.

She says she can help get rid of your ghosts.

Heart & Home Healing - Inspirational Transformation

-

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

Quote Originally Posted by Erby Crofutt View Post
    All y'all need to call on Faith Ranoli on in Littleton, CO. She does holistic home inspections.

Her website says "All inspections are performed to the rigorous standards of ASHI (American Standards of Home Inspectors)". No, she's not a member of the ASHI we all know.

-
    I forgot all about Faith, I had no idea she was still around.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Erby Crofutt View Post

-
    And Lose Weight !
    * what a GAL?

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Her web site also says there are four times when you need a home inspector to visit your home. The first is:

When purchasing a band new home.
    I never thought about it before but she is right - musicians should have their new homes inspected just like anyone else.

Last edited by Bruce Breedlove; 11-15-2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

This couple, (he has passed on) are internationally known for busting ghosts.

THE WARRENS - THE DEMONOLOGIST

Last edited by John Ghent; 11-16-2009 at 06:36 AM.

I was in a vacant house a couple of years ago with another individual and we heard loud running upstairs. We both stopped working at the same time and looked at each other and thought there were squatters up there. Anyhow, once we went thru each room, closet etc... and found nothing, we pretty much crapped our pants at that point.

I don't see a dog, I see the Virgin Mary.

Looks like a partial Doberman mix. Kind of creepy.

rick

Heh.

Wonder if I should l add a "paranormal events" disclaimer to my contract.

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Quote Originally Posted by fritzkelly View Post
    Check out this weird picture from today. There was no dog in the house. I was taking a picture of the missing outlet and switch covers.

Attachment 16040
    Oh, that is a good one! You need to contact those guys from San Antonio, they call their company Ghost Lab.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com